Installation locks up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installation locks up

I am runningHomeSeer two version 2.5.0 .20 and attempting to install. The Sonos plug-in. The download process says it will install as soon as I restart HomeSeer which it tries to, but of course the splash screen on the Sonos installer says that HomeSeer has to be off.

I cannot get the plug-in to install. Running it from the updates directory directory gives the same, as running it when HomeSeer starts. The installer gets to the second screen and the progress bar freezes two thirds of the way over. This can require a Windows reboot.

I have look for installation tips and readme files. I hope I haven't missed something.

It looks like a great plug-in. Any recommendations appreciated in advance.

Thank you.

Kevin.

Hi Kevin,

at the end of the install, there is a little confirmation screen that pops up asking whether the plug-in should be active at start-up. On occasion,this screen tends to sit behind the install screen so just drag the install screen to another corner of your screen and you'll see it. Click OK on it and the install shall complete.

Let me know if that's not your problem

Dirk

Comment

Bingo!

Thank you. That did it.Much appreciated.

Kevin

Comment

1 Sonos pausing not playing 2 trigger question

I imagine I'm missing something basic.
        My goal is to have any adjustment of a certain light dimmer manually result in playing of a song list on a given Sonos device.
        What happens is that the playlist loads but does not play. The Sonos switches to pause.
        I am not sure how to post screenshots.
        On the action page everything is "No Action" or blank except for the player designation, playlist and the player action which I have tried as "Resume If Paused" as well as "Play Next Track."
        The trigger seems to be working. May I ask what the differences between "Change To Any Status" and "Set Any Status"
        I have tried to look over the help file very carefully. Please refer me to for info if there is something I have missed.
        This plug-in is pretty amazing. By the way. The ability to jump to a certain spot in the track is particularly remarkable.
        Thank you in advance.
        Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by kbrady View Post
          What happens is that the playlist loads but does not play. The Sonos switches to pause.
          Just tried it here quickly to make sure nothing got broken, don't seem to have this problem. Suggest you go to the config page, turn on the debug flag, save it, do your trigger again, email me the log file. What kind of playlist are we talking about? Is it a list of songs on napster, local storage ....? If you go to the event page and hit "run" associated with this event, does it work? Is it a regular player or a wireless dock?

Originally posted by kbrady View Post
          May I ask what the differences between "Change To Any Status" and "Set Any Status"
          It took me a second to find where this "Change to Any Status" was referring to. For triggers related to Sonos, pick option "Sonos player trigger" which will allow you to select the right player and right trigger. Ignore the stuff that shows up under "Device status change" ... that is HS stuff.

I'm jumping on a boat tomorrow and I'll be off line for a week, so my next response will be very delayed so I hope you can figure it out. Try to add a second action, just PLAY, see if that makes a difference.

Dirk

Comment

Problem resolved

What I seem to find isthat leaving the Sonos device with "no action" creates a play function. This worked.

I actually don't see a "play function." There.
            Thank you very much for the help.

Kevin

Comment

Working...
            X