HS Announcements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS Announcements

I am having difficulty trying to dicipher how to get Sonos to play announcements from the help file on this plugin. Do I have to have a cable running from the HS computer to a zone player or can HS route the speech wirelessly?

I run snvel weather and would like the warnings to be broadcasted to all zones as well as a weather forecast from weather xml.

Need help, please.

Originally posted by slthom View Post
    I am having difficulty trying to dicipher how to get Sonos to play announcements from the help file on this plugin. Do I have to have a cable running from the HS computer to a zone player or can HS route the speech wirelessly?

I run snvel weather and would like the warnings to be broadcasted to all zones as well as a weather forecast from weather xml.

Need help, please.
    Hi slthom,

you can in fact do either. It all started out with a fixed connection being required to later versions of the plug-in, which are able to stream from HS to Sonos without them being physically connected. Why don't you read up on this posting (http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=149982), it has all the screen shots to setup a linkgroup and see if you have further specific questions. Experiment first with setting up a simple announcement before you try to link output from one plugin (snvel) to another.

Good luck

Dirk

Comment

Thanks Dirk. I have that working, but trying to get a forecast sent to a Sonos seems a bit more trivial. I'll continue to mess around with and see what I can come up with.

Have a wonderful weekend.

Comment

Thanks Dirk. I have that working, but trying to get a forecast sent to a Sonos seems a bit more trivial. I'll continue to mess around with and see what I can come up with.

I quickly installed snevl. If you click on the Weather Warnings button, click on configure warnings, you see somewhere in the middle of the page the announcement info box for "Speaker App spec for announcements (host or host:instance): "

Let's just say you created a linkgroup with the sonos plugin called ALLPLAYERS.

In that box, prepend the host:instance name with the $SONOS$ALLPLAYERS$

Make sure you have the "speak to File" box checked in the sonos plugin setup page.

That's all there is to it, tried it out here, works great

Dirk

Comment

Hi slthom,

noted your posting for WeatherXML. Installed that as well. Can't find an option to specify the output device but in my log I noted the speech is routed to DeviceID=100. So if you go to your sonos config page, the table at the bottom with the linkgroups, set the Speaker Device = 100 (make sure you have the latest Sonos plugin beta else you cannot enter a 3 digit device id), save it and your weather forecast announcements should now flow through you sonos system.

Let me know if it doesn't work.

Dirk

Comment

I'm good. Working as expected. Thanks so much.

Steve

Comment

Working...
            X