Setting up sonos configuration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rotech View Post
    IN the status page there a left speaker and rigth speaker setting, I tried adjusting it with the buttons on staus page but it seems that the left speaker only responds to the button,is there another way to adjust speakers?
    Just tried left/right button to make sure I didn't break anything, they work properly on my player but I don't have an S3, I have an S5. Why don't you adjust the speakers with the Sonos PC/iPad app? I can hear left/right on my S5, is the S3 a mono or stereo player?

Dirk

Comment

Originally posted by dcorsus View Post
      Just tried left/right button to make sure I didn't break anything, they work properly on my player but I don't have an S3, I have an S5. Why don't you adjust the speakers with the Sonos PC/iPad app? I can hear left/right on my S5, is the S3 a mono or stereo player?

Dirk
      Its a stereo speaker, I stll experimenting delay,thks good idea will adjust with ipad. have ever ecounterthis issue with others? (problems routing speeech w/ other plugin)
      Hector
      MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
      AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Originally posted by Rotech View Post
        Its a stereo speaker, I stll experimenting delay,thks good idea will adjust with ipad. have ever ecounterthis issue with others? (problems routing speeech w/ other plugin)
        There are other people who use other plug-ins to generate speech. If the plug-in does not allow you to set the speaker device than you should use the "device id" option or ask the author of the plug-in whether he can add the option to allow to pick the right device (upon which you append the device name with $SONOS$TTS$).

For the delay .... set the debug flag, do the announcement, email me the complete log to see where the delay might be.

Don't think you answered my previous question on which plug-in version you are using. If not .v65, then you should download it from the link I sent and run your test again and see if the delays are better.

Dirk

Comment

Small bug I wanted to see if anyone else was experiencing. Under certain circumstances the music will not begin to play again after speaking. From what I can tell it has to happen in this particular order for the problem to occur. If I am playing music on my 'Kitchen' unit then with the Sonos iPhone app I group the 'living room' to the kitchen. The 'Living Room' is now playing the same music as the 'Kitchen'. Now with Homeseer I send a 'speak' to just the 'Living Room' the 'living room' will not begin to play the music again after speaking. What is really strange is that the Sonos iPhone app thinks that it is playing fine but the only way I can get the 'Living Room' to respond at all to the iPhone app is to ungroup it from the 'Kitchen'. It seems to be having trouble re-joining it's group.

Comment

Originally posted by butwhyowhy View Post
            Small bug I wanted to see if anyone else was experiencing. Under certain circumstances the music will not begin to play again after speaking. From what I can tell it has to happen in this particular order for the problem to occur. If I am playing music on my 'Kitchen' unit then with the Sonos iPhone app I group the 'living room' to the kitchen. The 'Living Room' is now playing the same music as the 'Kitchen'. Now with Homeseer I send a 'speak' to just the 'Living Room' the 'living room' will not begin to play the music again after speaking. What is really strange is that the Sonos iPhone app thinks that it is playing fine but the only way I can get the 'Living Room' to respond at all to the iPhone app is to ungroup it from the 'Kitchen'. It seems to be having trouble re-joining it's group.
            Hi butwhyowhy,

maybe a bug in Sonos .

Seriously, I'll have a look at it. Ran into something similar with "paired S5" players when the "non master" player was selected to be part of an announcement. Had similar experience that they looked paired but weren't until I unpaired then and paired then again.

Will try it out as soon as I can find some time and let you know if I can re-create the same issue.

Dirk

Comment

Dirk,

You are way too quick with your replies!

If it helps I do actually get an error in HomeSeer;

8/16/2011 7:40:17 PM - SONOSCONTROLLER - ERROR in ClearQueue for zoneplayer = Living Room with UPNP Error = Sonos error - undefined. Error=-2147220536. Error = Exception from HRESULT: 0x800403C8

Thanks for a great plugin! Using the trial now along with the trial of Homeseer but will be purchasing both this week. Keep up the great work pleeeaase!

Comment

Originally posted by butwhyowhy View Post
                Confirmed something is going wrong. It seems to work for announcements that are not using an audio port on a player but not for the "normal" TTS implementation (announcement streamed via audio input of one of the players). In the latter case (and my case) the players don't link after the announcement which (in my case) has an interesting effect, where both players are actually playing the radio station but not linked which creates an interesting echo effect as there is some delay between the players.

I'll look at it more, maybe over the weekend but thanks for raising the bug.

Dirk

Comment

Hi, I have problems getting sonos controler to work.
                  Have installed and registered the plugin ,(v-1.0.0.63), but my zones will not
                  show, (under "Link Group Table" in config), I cant play pause ore chose sonosplayers in homeseer.
                  I get these errors in log:

08.10.2011 15:11:43 - SONOSCONTROLLER - FindZonePlayers: Attempting to locate all connected ZonePlayers. This may take up to 9 seconds.
                  08.10.2011 15:11:52 - SONOSCONTROLLER - FindZonePlayers - Discovery succeeded: 0 ZonePlayer(s) found.
                  08.10.2011 15:11:52 - SONOSCONTROLLER - No Zone Players found. Please ensure the network is functional and that ZonePlayer devices are attached.
                  08.10.2011 15:11:52 - SONOSCONTROLLER - CreateSonosControllers: found 1 Device Codes
                  08.10.2011 15:11:52 - SONOSCONTROLLER - WriteSonosNamesToIniFile wrote new string
                  08.10.2011 15:11:52 - SONOSCONTROLLER - SortZonePlayers called. ZoneCount = 1
                  08.10.2011 15:13:00 - SONOSCONTROLLER - DoCheckChange Called
                  08.10.2011 15:16:55 - SONOSCONTROLLER - DoRediscover called
                  08.10.2011 15:16:55 - SONOSCONTROLLER - FindZonePlayers: Attempting to locate all connected ZonePlayers. This may take up to 9 seconds.
                  08.10.2011 15:17:04 - SONOSCONTROLLER - FindZonePlayers - Discovery succeeded: 0 ZonePlayer(s) found.
                  08.10.2011 15:17:04 - SONOSCONTROLLER - No Zone Players found. Please ensure the network is functional and that ZonePlayer devices are attached.
                  08.10.2011 15:17:05 - SONOSCONTROLLER - CreateSonosControllers: found 1 Device Codes
                  08.10.2011 15:17:05 - SONOSCONTROLLER - WriteSonosNamesToIniFile wrote new string
                  08.10.2011 15:17:05 - SONOSCONTROLLER - SortZonePlayers called. ZoneCount = 1
                  08.10.2011 15:17:42 - SONOSCONTROLLER - Error in Page load with error = Index was outside the bounds of the array.

when I try to ad a Link Group in sonosconfig i get this error:

08.10.2011 17:29:13 - SONOSCONTROLLER - Error in Page load with error = Index was outside the bounds of the array.

I have sonos zoneplayer 90 and play3 setup and working on windows 7, not in HS.

Can sombody point me in the right direction?

Comment

Sonoscontroler

Newer mind, i found this solution to fix my problem with homeseer not conecting to my sonos system:
                    The "Network Discovery" setting is in the "Change advanced sharing settings" in "Network and Sharing Center". Access it from Control Panel or from the Network icon bottom right of the taskbar.
                    Here u turnon sharing.

Comment

Working...
                    X