This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How Do I Recreate the ACRF Devices

Duing one of my periodic cleanups of ununsed devices, I must have inadvertantly deleted the ACRF devices. Whenever HS starts, the HS log records this message: "4/28/2007 2:22:29 PM - AC RF Processor - No devices present for this interface, forced to request a new housecode. Got _".

I found a thread about changing House codes that seemed to indicated that if I disabled the plugin and then re-enabled it from HS interfaces page that the devices would be automatically created. The procedure didn't work for me. (I tried it both with/without editing the house code in the .ini file.)

Any other ideas?

Running HS 2.2.0.11 and ACRF plugin 1.2.0.3.

Thanks,
    Cecil

Every time the plug-in starts (via HS boot or by enable/disabling it) the devices will be recreated. If you blew off the ACRF INI file then there won't be any devices to create. After the house code request log line there will be additional lines about looking for/creating devices.

Jon

Originally posted by Cecil View Post
    Duing one of my periodic cleanups of ununsed devices, I must have inadvertantly deleted the ACRF devices. Whenever HS starts, the HS log records this message: "4/28/2007 2:22:29 PM - AC RF Processor - No devices present for this interface, forced to request a new housecode. Got _".

I found a thread about changing House codes that seemed to indicated that if I disabled the plugin and then re-enabled it from HS interfaces page that the devices would be automatically created. The procedure didn't work for me. (I tried it both with/without editing the house code in the .ini file.)

Any other ideas?

Running HS 2.2.0.11 and ACRF plugin 1.2.0.3.

Thanks,
    Cecil
    Jon Ort
    JonOrt@The--Orts.com
    (Remove the dashes in the address, spam is getting out of hand)

Comment

Here's the entire section of the HS log regarding ACRF startup. I don't see the lines you mention in your previous post. The ACRF INI file does exist in the indicated directory. Are their specific items I should be looking for in the INI file? To the best of my knowledge I haven't done anything to that file expect editing the house code line item (base code) a couple of times to attempt to get the devices re-reated.

To be clear, the devices I'm talking about are the devices created by ACRF in HomeSeer. The HS motion sensor devices I've configured inside the ACRF plugin are all still in HS and identified accurately in the plugin. The plugin is working just fine. The problem I'm trying to solve is the plugin grabbing a free house code during HS startup. I noticed when another plugin added some new devices that when HS re-started ACRF grabed a different house code as the one it had previously been grabbing was now being used by the new plugin's devices. Everything still works, I just would like to get the actual ACRF HS devices re-created so the ACRF house code would be stable.

4/28/2007 2:22:28 PM ~!~Info~!~Initializing Plug-in: AC RF Processor
      4/28/2007 2:22:28 PM ~!~AC RF Processor~!~AC RF Processor Plugin Version Release 1.2.3 Has Registered. Plugin Copyright (c) 2006 - AutomationCraft, LLC.
      4/28/2007 2:22:28 PM ~!~AC RF Processor~!~Using INI file for options storage - File: C:\Program Files\Homeseer\Config\ACRFProcessor.INI
      4/28/2007 2:22:28 PM ~!~COM Plugin~!~Calling InitIO
      4/28/2007 2:22:28 PM ~!~COM Plugin Info~!~AC RF Processor RF->Serial I/F Copyright (c) 2006 - AutomationCraft, LLC.
      4/28/2007 2:22:28 PM ~!~AC RF Processor~!~Attempting to add one W800RF32 receiver on Com 1 to RFComm support interface.
      4/28/2007 2:22:28 PM ~!~AC RF Processor~!~RF Device Found on Com 1 - Ready to start I/O
      4/28/2007 2:22:28 PM ~!~COM Plugin Info~!~1 RF->Serial I/F Device(s) found.
      4/28/2007 2:22:29 PM ~!~AC RF Processor~!~No devices present for this interface, forced to request a new housecode. Got _
      4/28/2007 2:22:29 PM ~!~Info~!~Finished initializing plug-in AC RF Processor

Comment

What you are saying doesn't make sense, unless another plug-in has actually modified the parameters of the existing ACRF devices so that they don't show in the device scan but they are still accessible by reference.

Do you have debugging set to detailed within the plug-in?

If so please post or PM me the ACRF INI file and your HomeSeer database file so I can take a look.

Jon

Here's the entire section of the HS log regarding ACRF startup. I don't see the lines you mention in your previous post. The ACRF INI file does exist in the indicated directory. Are their specific items I should be looking for in the INI file? To the best of my knowledge I haven't done anything to that file expect editing the house code line item (base code) a couple of times to attempt to get the devices re-reated.

To be clear, the devices I'm talking about are the devices created by ACRF in HomeSeer. The HS motion sensor devices I've configured inside the ACRF plugin are all still in HS and identified accurately in the plugin. The plugin is working just fine. The problem I'm trying to solve is the plugin grabbing a free house code during HS startup. I noticed when another plugin added some new devices that when HS re-started ACRF grabed a different house code as the one it had previously been grabbing was now being used by the new plugin's devices. Everything still works, I just would like to get the actual ACRF HS devices re-created so the ACRF house code would be stable.

4/28/2007 2:22:28 PM ~!~Info~!~Initializing Plug-in: AC RF Processor
        4/28/2007 2:22:28 PM ~!~AC RF Processor~!~AC RF Processor Plugin Version Release 1.2.3 Has Registered. Plugin Copyright (c) 2006 - AutomationCraft, LLC.
        4/28/2007 2:22:28 PM ~!~AC RF Processor~!~Using INI file for options storage - File: C:\Program Files\Homeseer\Config\ACRFProcessor.INI
        4/28/2007 2:22:28 PM ~!~COM Plugin~!~Calling InitIO
        4/28/2007 2:22:28 PM ~!~COM Plugin Info~!~AC RF Processor RF->Serial I/F Copyright (c) 2006 - AutomationCraft, LLC.
        4/28/2007 2:22:28 PM ~!~AC RF Processor~!~Attempting to add one W800RF32 receiver on Com 1 to RFComm support interface.
        4/28/2007 2:22:28 PM ~!~AC RF Processor~!~RF Device Found on Com 1 - Ready to start I/O
        4/28/2007 2:22:28 PM ~!~COM Plugin Info~!~1 RF->Serial I/F Device(s) found.
        4/28/2007 2:22:29 PM ~!~AC RF Processor~!~No devices present for this interface, forced to request a new housecode. Got _
        4/28/2007 2:22:29 PM ~!~Info~!~Finished initializing plug-in AC RF Processor
        Jon Ort
        JonOrt@The--Orts.com

Comment

Sorry to be so long in replying, but have been travelling. I turned on detailed debugging in ACRF and then produced the following artifacts.

Attached zip file contains
          1) ACRFProcessor.ini
          2) CPBMain.mdb (homeseer db file)
          3) ACRF Config.txt (extract from HS Log after opening and saving ACRF config screen)
          4) ACRF Disable Enable.txt (extract from HS log after disabling and then enabling ACRF plugin)
          5) ACRF Startup.txt (extract from HS log upon restart of HS)

Let me know if you need me to try something else.

Comment

... No zip file present....

Jon

Sorry to be so long in replying, but have been travelling. I turned on detailed debugging in ACRF and then produced the following artifacts.

Attached zip file contains
            1) ACRFProcessor.ini
            2) CPBMain.mdb (homeseer db file)
            3) ACRF Config.txt (extract from HS Log after opening and saving ACRF config screen)
            4) ACRF Disable Enable.txt (extract from HS log after disabling and then enabling ACRF plugin)
            5) ACRF Startup.txt (extract from HS log upon restart of HS)

Let me know if you need me to try something else.
            Jon Ort
            JonOrt@The--Orts.com

Comment

Sorry...file attached to this post.
              Attached Files

Comment

There shouldn't be any devices. Your INI file shows that there are no security devices, no sensor devices, the PC remote is disabled and the security system is disabled. The only thing that would be active is the X10 remote mapping (for instance Palmpad buttons) to X10 devices.

What devices were you expecting?

Jon

Sorry...file attached to this post.
                Jon Ort
                JonOrt@The--Orts.com

Comment

Sorry this has turned into such a long thread for a relatively inconsequential issue.

I thought at one time there were ACRF devices in HS. When I started seeing the HS log entry that ACRF was having to request a housecode (and I didn't recall seeing that entry before) I thought I must have inadvertantly deleted them. I wanted to recreate them so that ACRF wouldn't be requesting a housecode during startup, but would have one permanently assigned.

Your last post gave me the clue as to what I needed to do. I added an environment sensor which created a device in HS. Now that there is one ACRF device, ACRF no longer requests a housecode at startup.

Thanks for your assistance.

Cecil

P.S. Didn't say it before, but this is a great plug-in!

Comment

I think you are reading far too much into the detailed logging. What the plug-in is doing is getting a code at startup as it checks the devices. If you don't have/need any then it just goes on. There isn't a way in HomeSeer to "reserve" a house code. In fact in this case if you were to add a new plug-in and have it create a new device you would likely see it use the very same house code that you saw ACRF get. Since ACRF didn't use it, it is there for anyone else to use.

Jon

Sorry this has turned into such a long thread for a relatively inconsequential issue.

I thought at one time there were ACRF devices in HS. When I started seeing the HS log entry that ACRF was having to request a housecode (and I didn't recall seeing that entry before) I thought I must have inadvertantly deleted them. I wanted to recreate them so that ACRF wouldn't be requesting a housecode during startup, but would have one permanently assigned.

Your last post gave me the clue as to what I needed to do. I added an environment sensor which created a device in HS. Now that there is one ACRF device, ACRF no longer requests a housecode at startup.

Thanks for your assistance.

Cecil

P.S. Didn't say it before, but this is a great plug-in!
                    Jon Ort
                    JonOrt@The--Orts.com

Comment

Working...
                    X