This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replacing my old Zwave ACT controller - how to port existing hs devices

I am planning on replacing my old ACT European ZWave Controller with a new make of controller.

I will have to re-associate all my existing hardware devices (40) or so with the new controller and I guess this will create new devices in homeseer.

I have some 300 events linked to existing devices, is there an easy way of porting these existing events to the new hs devices?

Thanks

Meant to ask, is there a way of exporting just the events and not the devices?

Comment

What Controller are you moving to - you should be able to do a Transfer Primary and be up and running

Comment

To the new Z-STICK-S2-EURO - Z-Wave USB controller.

Comment

Are you moving from the ZCU201 to the Z-Stick-S2-Euro you should be able to do the Transfer Primary

Comment

Originally posted by kaldoon View Post
            Are you moving from the ZCU201 to the Z-Stick-S2-Euro you should be able to do the Transfer Primary
            As I understand both HomeSeer and ZCU201 are primary Z-wave controller - together.
            Therefore if you want to transfer primary to Aeon Labs then you need another computer to do it i.e. to transfer to.

My ZCU201 seems to have problems lately.
            I have a spare ZCU201 and ZTH200 handheld controller by ACT.
            However, I think I'd rather move to Aeon.

So, how do I proceed?
            Can plug both ZCU201's into USB ports and transfer my primary controller from one to another within HomeSeer?
            Can I transfer primary from old ZCU201 to ZTH200 and then from ZTH200 to new ZCU201 while keeping my device names and associations between them and keeping my events?
            Finally, if I purchase Aeon Labs will I be able to transfer primary to it?

I have 33 Z-wave devices and myriad of events.
            It would take me one full day to add new-old devices and to rewrite everything and then seven days at least to debug the system.

Also, if you add your old device into new primary controller will it be added with associations to other Z-wave devices that existed previously?
            My guess is both yes and no.

Regards
            Juraj

Comment

Working...
            X