Playing all HS alerts through Sonos?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Playing all HS alerts through Sonos?

So here is another question for you guys!

Is there a way to basically set all HS alerts to automatically be broadcasted through this plugin (and in turn through my Sonos system) by default?

For example, I've downloaded the UltraWeatherbug plugin, and would like to setup a recurring event that reads the weather every morning. This is built into the UltraWeatherbug plugin, however it sends the audio through my default sound (on the computer), and I can't seem to figure out how to route this through the plugin/sonos.

So what's the scoop? Is there a way I can default all audio alerts through Sonos?

Thanks,
    Mark

Hi Mark,

there is no mechanism to have all announcements routed to the plug-in but most other plug-ins which create announcements either route it to speaker host ID zero (0) or host one hundred (100). If you turn the sonos plugin debug flag on and generate the announcement you can find in the log file, which device ID is used. So easiest would be for you to create two linkgroups (which are identical), set one of the them to deviceID zero (0) (last column in the linkgroup table) and the second to 100. Do note that you need to have beta version .67 or higher ( you can find it here http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...45&postcount=1 ) in order to enter device ID 100.

Dirk

Comment

Dirk,

Sounds good. I'm going to give it a shot. I do need to install .67 though first. Question - how do I install the update? Do I just close HS and run the installer for it thats included in the zip file? Will I have to re-create my data?

I just want to make sure I follow the correct process before I update it, since I had some issues the first time around.

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by zini View Post
        how do I install the update? Do I just close HS and run the installer for it thats included in the zip file? Will I have to re-create my data?
        yes that is correct. Download the zip file and extract the files. You close HS and run the installer, make sure to click OK to the popup screen asking whether the plugin should be activated at start-up (careful this popup might hide behind the installer screen). You won't have to recreate anything, all settings are kept.

Dirk

Comment

Originally posted by zini View Post
          So here is another question for you guys!

Is there a way to basically set all HS alerts to automatically be broadcasted through this plugin (and in turn through my Sonos system) by default?

For example, I've downloaded the UltraWeatherbug plugin, and would like to setup a recurring event that reads the weather every morning. This is built into the UltraWeatherbug plugin, however it sends the audio through my default sound (on the computer), and I can't seem to figure out how to route this through the plugin/sonos.

So what's the scoop? Is there a way I can default all audio alerts through Sonos?

Thanks

Mark

I use ultraweatherbug my self, and had the same issue that your encountering, just follow what Dirk instructions and you will be ok. In my case I entered 100 and I get all the functions of the plug.
          Hector
          MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
          AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

If you plan on using the WeatherXML plugin, see also this thread (http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=150163). You can use this or do the deviceid trick.

Dirk

Comment

I updated to .67 and entered the device ID as 100, and now UltraWeatherBug successfully reads the weather through the sonos plugin... works great.

Again... thanks for the help!

Comment

Working...
              X