I must be missing something...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I must be missing something...

I have the CallerID device hooked up (and it is logging the phone call to itself) and the plugin installed, but I can't ssem to get anything from it. I've tried different COM ports (which all say COM port XX is open!), but when calls come in, nothing shows in HS. What do I need to check? Is there a way to poll the device on demand to see if it really IS communicating?

Anyone out there? I would like to see if this works before the trial expires...

Comment

This has been one of my most used plug-ins, for years now. Do you get anything in the BLNetCallerID logs at all? If not try a different com port.

Have you done the setup on the options page? If not you won't see anything in HS until it has a few devices (defined by you) to act on.

You should get a line in the main HS log when a call comes in. It's marked as a BLNetCallerId Info for the line.

You have enabled the plug-in on the HomeSeer interfaces tab, right?

I do not believe that there is anyway to poll the NetCallerID box, either it sends out or it's broken.
      Marty
      ------
      XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
      Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

Yes, i populated the setup pge and it shows tral mode, "enabled", with 10 days remaining. Nothing in the logs. I have tried the pc comm port, a USB to serial converter and the open com port on my USB to 2 serial port converter. I bought 2 of the netcallerid boxes years ago and have tried both. They both show the call coming in, but nothing in HS.

Comment

Do you have the phone line going into the NetCallerID box first before anything else?
          Try that.
          Cheers,
          Bob
          Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

It doesn't sound like you're getting anything from the NetCallerID box itself. You could always install the software that came with it to log calls and see if that sees anything coming from it's serial port
            Marty
            ------
            XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
            Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

Working...
            X