Plugin Not updating Imperihome with new devices - without multiple tries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plugin Not updating Imperihome with new devices - without multiple tries

This has been a problem since day 1 of using the plugin. I've been using IH for 2 years on Vera, and never ever had a problem with a lag time to update the devices when I added new ones.

Please clarify exactly what needs to happen to get the refresh to occur?

It has taken me several cache rebuilds and forced IH refreshes to get it to work.

thx

a cache rebuild and then a reload from the IH app is enough to make new devices appear. (most of the time the cache rebuild is not even necessary)

Comment

Gotcha. When the device status updates, is it direct to Homeseer or does the plugin respond?
      About 30% of the time the devices do not update status.. Even when I'm on the LAN.
      I'm wondering if there is a way to debug when it happens?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Comment

the IH app polls the plugin for status values every X seconds (X being the refresh rate configured in IH), the plugin responds with the most up to date status values it has.

to debug, set the log level to Trace, and you will see the JSON data that is being sent.

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
          the IH app polls the plugin for status values every X seconds (X being the refresh rate configured in IH), the plugin responds with the most up to date status values it has.

to debug, set the log level to Trace, and you will see the JSON data that is being sent.
          Added 3 new multi Motions to HS3 today. Then manually added to your plugin: Motion, Temp, Lux, and Humidity for each, thus 12 new devices.

I rebuilt the cache 4 times and killed IH app on my Android... none showed up. The new devices show in the trace - but not in IH?

I messed with IH so much, it crashed after30 min of messing with it... then the devices showed up.

Is IH really as crappy as it seems? I have always had problems with it being slow on updating Vera device status, but it always showed newly added Vera devices immediately.

Comment

Originally posted by Ltek View Post
            Added 3 new multi Motions to HS3 today. Then manually added to your plugin: Motion, Temp, Lux, and Humidity for each, thus 12 new devices.

I rebuilt the cache 4 times and killed IH app on my Android... none showed up. The new devices show in the trace - but not in IH?

I messed with IH so much, it crashed after30 min of messing with it... then the devices showed up.

Is IH really as crappy as it seems? I have always had problems with it being slow on updating Vera device status, but it always showed newly added Vera devices immediately.
            For new devices to appear in IH, killing the app is not enough you need to do a "reload" from the app.
            For me it works very well if I follow this rule.

Comment

I did reload like 20 times... That was what finally hung/crashed IH. At least I now know IH is the issue, thanks for the help

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
              X