Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Errors in the log

Hi Spud,

I seem to be getting these errors in the log for the DirecTV plugin.

Code:
    Jan-18 5:43:40 PM         DirecTV    INFO WebException: ConnectFailure Unable to connect to the remote server   

Jan-18 5:43:40 PM         DirecTV    ERROR Object reference not set to an instance of an object.   

Jan-18 5:43:19 PM         DirecTV    INFO CMD SENT: http://192.168.xxx.xxx:8080/info/mode?clientAddr=0   

Jan-18 5:38:19 PM         DirecTV    INFO WebException: ConnectFailure Unable to connect to the remote server   

Jan-18 5:38:19 PM         DirecTV   ERROR Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    Any idea what is causing this?

HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
    Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
    Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

Originally posted by jlrichar View Post
    Hi Spud,

I seem to be getting these errors in the log for the DirecTV plugin.

Code:
    Jan-18 5:43:40 PM         DirecTV    INFO WebException: ConnectFailure Unable to connect to the remote server   

Jan-18 5:43:40 PM         DirecTV    ERROR Object reference not set to an instance of an object.   

Jan-18 5:43:19 PM         DirecTV    INFO CMD SENT: http://192.168.xxx.xxx:8080/info/mode?clientAddr=0   

Jan-18 5:38:19 PM         DirecTV    INFO WebException: ConnectFailure Unable to connect to the remote server   

Jan-18 5:38:19 PM         DirecTV   ERROR Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    Any idea what is causing this?
    I don't know if this is the case, but I get the same errors when I disconnect the receiver from power. It will also give the same error if the IP connection is lost. Since mine are SWM units, that error will show up when the RF cable is disconnected.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

The plugin polls every DirecTV receiver every X minutes. The error means the plugin can't reach this receiver (receiver is not connected to power, the wrong IP is configured, etc...)

I guess I could do a better job to trap this error, and do not log anything at error level, I'll try to do that.

Comment

I'm getting a similar error when the polling command is sent: INFO WebException: ProtocolError The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error. Weird that I can still control the receiver when these errors occur. I think the error is related to the two clients of the genie. Any solution for this yet?

Comment

Working...
        X