Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Z-wave long delays / not responding - where do I start?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another happy UZB1 user here.

I've been running the same UZB1 here since January 2015 without issue.
    I updated the firmware on it prior to first installing and left it alone ever since.

Currently I have 52 nodes which are roughly split half ZDK 4.5x and half ZDK 6.5x (Z-Wave +) and everything just works. 18 of the 52 nodes don't have direct comms with the UZB (according to the node info page) but there is no noticeable difference in response time to those located within a few metres of the controller.

It may be worth noting that I only have 3 battery powered Z-Wave devices although I do have over 70 other devices operating in the 868 Mhz band.

My UZB1 is located inside my equipment cabinet (which is in 1 corner of the house on the ground floor) just sat on top of a Ubiquity 16 port POE switch. The cabinet is full of electronic equipment including an APC UPS, 2 POE switches, Sonos Bridge, 3 solid state PC'c, internet router and a raft of other electronic clutter.

Like Steve, I have a spare UZB1 to hand and I have tested the restore procedure a few times which has worked perfectly for me.

My experience with Z-Wave in general has been somewhat varied over the years but for the last 3 years my own system has not given me anything to gripe about.

I would be interested to see the OP's node info page coupled with a basic plan of the property showing the approximate location of each Z-Wave node which I suspect will provide more of an insight as to the problems being experienced.

Paul..

Comment

I very seriously doubt that HST made a political decision not to support any Z-Wave product. Only Z-Wave plus controllers support backup and restore. If the Aeon Labs Z-Stick is a Z-Wave plus controller (there are both a Gen 5 and Series 2 sticks on the market) it should support HomeSeer's backup and restore. If it doesn't that is likely in Aeon's court, not HST's.
      HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by sooty View Post
        Another happy UZB1 user here.

I've been running the same UZB1 here since January 2015 without issue.
        I updated the firmware on it prior to first installing and left it alone ever since.

Currently I have 52 nodes which are roughly split half ZDK 4.5x and half ZDK 6.5x (Z-Wave +) and everything just works. 18 of the 52 nodes don't have direct comms with the UZB (according to the node info page) but there is no noticeable difference in response time to those located within a few metres of the controller.

It may be worth noting that I only have 3 battery powered Z-Wave devices although I do have over 70 other devices operating in the 868 Mhz band.

My UZB1 is located inside my equipment cabinet (which is in 1 corner of the house on the ground floor) just sat on top of a Ubiquity 16 port POE switch. The cabinet is full of electronic equipment including an APC UPS, 2 POE switches, Sonos Bridge, 3 solid state PC'c, internet router and a raft of other electronic clutter.

Like Steve, I have a spare UZB1 to hand and I have tested the restore procedure a few times which has worked perfectly for me.

My experience with Z-Wave in general has been somewhat varied over the years but for the last 3 years my own system has not given me anything to gripe about.

I would be interested to see the OP's node info page coupled with a basic plan of the property showing the approximate location of each Z-Wave node which I suspect will provide more of an insight as to the problems being experienced.

Paul..
        Hey Paul,

I limped on with my z-wave.. but I finally wiped my network as the extension is now built!!

I followed this as you emailed a while back

""
        1. In Z-Wave controller actions select Erase this interface and create a new network.
        2. Shut down the Z-Wave plug-in.
        3. Delete all HS Z-Wave devices from the main HS3 device management page (root and children).
        4. Go to \HS3\Data\Z-Wave\ and delete the file Z-Wave2.db
        5. Re start Z-Wave plug-in
        6. Add new controller.
        7. Delete any orphaned Z-Wave networks within HS3

Start re-including nodes and make sure that they are adding as expected.
        ""

I can't seem to get a new home ID (I want one) it just picks up the old ID, I added my first device and it comes in at node 15, so something is still left. If i'm doing it from scratch, I want a new home ID or I'm worried I'll have the same trouble again. I've tried the factory reset, and reset z-wave data but the old network is still there.

Any ideas (anyone),

Cheers

J

EDIT : Found it. Should be OK from now on in. (Hopefully)

https://forums.homeseer.com/showpost...45&postcount=5
        Last edited by Skinnez; March 12, 2018, 08:16 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X