Resume dim vs. 100%

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Resume dim vs. 100%

Hi all, really enjoying the new skill and particularly the ability to pair devices with specific echos/rooms. One thing I don't care for is the echo turning the lights on to 100 percent vs resuming the previous dim level. Is there a way for alexa to send resume dims vs turn on devices to 100%?
    HS3 Prod - Win10 - DSC - HVAC-GC-TBZ48 x3 - CurrentCost - BLRadar - RFXCOM/FRXTRX433 -ADIO - HSTOUCH - BLUPS - AB8SS - SONOS - Alexa - 1 wire - BlueIris -MyQ

Funny, I asked about this a while ago in the Google Home side and had this response from mrhappy:
    The way I have done this with Alexa (I imagine the principle is the same) is that in the device properties / status graphics page you will have the drop down for control use. You could change the on last level to have the control use of on and then when it tries to turn it on in actual fact it is turning it on to the last level.

Be aware that there may be other implications of that however such as toggle buttons in HSTouch will instead toggle it between off and last level rather than off and on.

Another option is to use another go between device in that you have a virtual device that turns off/on and this has a voice command for Google, this in turn has events that turn the real light which has no voice command.
    I then made the changes and had this to share:
    So for Google Home the setup is the same. The Status Graphic setting for Control Use needs to be On as opposed to Alternate On with the Value kept at 255 while the original setting for On is changed to Alternate On.

Yes, this does change the way the Toggle works for HSTouch, but I personally like this better as it all now works the same as turning on the switch at the wall. Consistency is great, so all is good!
    That is the entire thread as of today, but here is the link in case there is more later: https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=191570
    Karl S
    HS4Pro on Windows 10
    1070 Devices
    56 Z-Wave Nodes
    104 Events
    HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 iOS
    Google Home: 3 Mini units, 1 Pair Audios, 2 Displays

Comment

Originally posted by ksum View Post
      Funny, I asked about this a while ago in the Google Home side and had this response from mrhappy:

I then made the changes and had this to share:

That is the entire thread as of today, but here is the link in case there is more later: https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=191570
      Thanks, appreciate it.
      HS3 Prod - Win10 - DSC - HVAC-GC-TBZ48 x3 - CurrentCost - BLRadar - RFXCOM/FRXTRX433 -ADIO - HSTOUCH - BLUPS - AB8SS - SONOS - Alexa - 1 wire - BlueIris -MyQ

Comment

There is another problem which is why I'd like to see HS look at this more closely.

If you clock on the "MAX" button in the Alexa app it goes to the "LAST" value and not 99%. I'd like somehow see "MAX" set to 99% and not use the "ON" control. That way "MAX" is always the max value and "ON" can always be either 99% or "LAST".

That said I think they can create other lighting commands other than DIM to, ON and OFF.

A couple of things I've notices. If you set the lights to 99% using voice it actually sets them to 97%. If you set it to 90% it sets them to 88%. So it seems that the lights are set 2% below what ever you ask for. EXCEPT if you ask for 100% when it will use the "ON" control and thus set the lights to eater "FULL" or "LAST" depending on how you have the controls set for that light.

I agree that everything should be consistent, having things work one when manually and another way using voice is confusing. So if I hit the light switch and it goes to "LAST" the same thing should happen when I tell Alexa to turn on the lights unless I tell her to turn them on to "MAX". The normal actions is and has always been "Go to last value" and voice shouldn't be any different.

Same goes for Google.

Anyway, as I normally say IMHO.
        HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.548
        Linux version: Linux auto 4.15.0-72-generic #81-Ubuntu SMP Tue Nov 26 12:20:02 UTC 2019 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
        Number of Devices: 484 | Number of Events: 776

Enabled Plug-Ins: 3.0.0.13: AirplaySpeak | 2.0.61.0: BLBackup
        3.0.0.70: EasyTrigger | 1.3.7006.42100: LiftMaster MyQ
        4.2.3.0: mcsMQTT | 3.0.0.53: PHLocation2 | 0.0.0.47: Pushover 3P
        3.0.0.16: RaspberryIO | 3.0.1.262: Z-Wave

Z-Net version: 1.0.23 for Inclusion Nodes
        SmartStick+: 6.04 (ZDK 6.81.3) on Server

Comment

Working...
        X