PTZ ip camera in Designer and HSTouch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm trying to incorporate a Foscam PTZ into a Designer project used on my iPhone-iPad via HSTouch; where do I start? Do I need to use Netcam, or do I just start from scratch in Designer?
    HS4Pro on Windows 10
    One install with 2 Ethernet Z-nets
    2nd install with 1 Ethernet Z-net
    300 devices, 250 events, 8 scripts
    6 CT-100 tstats
    Serial IT-100 interface to DSC Panel with 8 wired zones
    18 Fortrezz water sensors & two valve controls

No image

I found the xml file on the Foscam page in "Products" and followed the readme.txt for installing in a Designer project. When deployed to Windows Client, it works fine. However, when deployed to my iPhone, I see only the directional arrows, but no camera image. Any help?
    HS4Pro on Windows 10
    6 CT-100 tstats

Comment

Any help, please?

So far, I am responsible for all the postings on this thread. Without any feedback, I'm painfully resolving my questions via test after test; I'd be very grateful for some help. I suspect that my latest obstacle (I'm not getting a foscam image on my iPhone) is because of a third step that Foscam has on their login: after entering user name and password (which is included in my code), one must choose between ActiveX, Server Push or Mobile. Surely someone has encountered this; does anyone know how to insert the code for that selection? If anyone is willing to help, I can supply more detail.
      Last edited by Sheriff; December 9, 2013, 10:13 PM. Reason: clarification
      HS4Pro on Windows 10
      6 CT-100 tstats

Comment

I have an AirSight XX40A PZT camera which is actually a Foscam camera. I am using HS3 and the NetCam plugin. I have experimented a little but I am only capturing still photos. I have not tried anything yet with HSTouch. I use WebCamXP Pro for video from my cameras. Years ago ( before HS Touch) I spent some time trying to get my cameras to display video on a custom Homeseer web page that I created. I was never really successful. And after using multiple cameras for over a year, I decided that I did not need live video. So I am only sending JPEG images to my web page.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
        HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
        2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

Pleeeeeease...

Thanks Steve for your feedback. I'm still convinced that someone out there knows the answer; I just need to find them... I continue to try stuff, but am stumped. To summarize: Have a Foscam F18910W with a fully accessible ip address. Set up a "Cam" page in designer. Deployed to my PC and to my iPad using the standard URL: http://IP ADDRESS/snapshot.cgi?user=NAME&pwd=PASSWORD. Page opens on my PC and image appears correctly, but the page will not even open on my iPad. I continue to wonder if it might be the third question (following User and Password) on the Foscam login screen "ActiveX, Server Push or Mobile". Since iPad doesn't play with ActiveX, it might be wanting an input that I don't see. Any help?
          HS4Pro on Windows 10
          6 CT-100 tstats

Comment

same prob

Exact same problem on Android 4.2.2.
            Cant get video feed other than using auxiliary HTML generated page but that makes the controls unusable.

Hstouch as so much potential, sadly, it has been a very buggy software since the begining on android and ios systems.

Comment

I guess Foscams don't really work in HSTouch...

Thanks loowee. I just don't understand since HS markets these Foscams as being fully functional within the software. Can you point me towards info on how to create the HTML page you reference?
              HS4Pro on Windows 10
              6 CT-100 tstats

Comment

hstouch PTZ control

Hi Sheriff !

I fiddled around a bit with that thing and got the controls to work with the FOSCAM command parameters.

Here is a link to the commands for controls : http://www.foscam.es/descarga/ipcam_cgi_sdk.pdf

It is basically a direct URL that triggers the appropriate command. My question for the HStouch guys is now : How do I call a direct URL ( http://192.168.0.85:81/decoder_control.cgi?command=0&onestep=0 ) for example from an hstouch standard button ?

The command 0 in this case triggers an UP movement of one step.

As for the video feed, simply make a text element, check ISHTML and use this code for the text : http://192.168.0.85:81/snapshot.jpg?...=******&strm=0

Have fun !

Comment

hstouch PTZ control

Note that I use the insteon ptz cam which I figured was copied from the foscamm which is probably another copy of some chinese product.

Works well. Im surprised noone ever mentionned this on this forum yet...

Just need to get the controls to pass from hstouch to the IP cam and I'll be a happy camper. Hstouch is clearly not a finished product but after many months of going around all bugs, I managed to get a decent interface working on android.

Comment

You need to make an event in Homeseer to run a hsscript (gotta look and check which call) for each button and then in HSTouch point your buttons at each respective event.

John

Comment

Sheriff,
                      Can you open the camera page (link) that you used in your project from your iPads browser (not in HSTouch) if you can bring it up there then we can make it work in HSTouch. Also did you deploy the same project file to both your windows machine and your iPad? If so that may be it right there.
                      John

Comment

Did you get your cameras streaming ok? There is a much better way than the "Is Video -True" method. Also your pan and tilt should be simple to implement.
                        Let us know,
                        John

Comment

Sorry I've missed all these replies, vacation. I have not yet tried loowee's suggestion. Yes, lj502, I can access the cam on an ipad browser. What shall I do now?
                          HS4Pro on Windows 10
                          6 CT-100 tstats

Comment

Hi guys !

I tought I had the video part working but it seems I was wrong. Finally got the scripting working on the controls but video only shows first image and does not refresh. It does that on android an windows clients.

As mentioned earlier, this is a Insteon ptz cam copied on the foscam ptz codes. Here is a URL used to capture a Motion JPEG sequence, that<s what I use on my dvr softwares.

http://192.168.0.85:81/snapshot.jpg?...=******&strm=0

Any idea ?

Comment

Originally posted by loowee View Post
                              Hi guys !

I tought I had the video part working but it seems I was wrong. Finally got the scripting working on the controls but video only shows first image and does not refresh. It does that on android an windows clients.

As mentioned earlier, this is a Insteon ptz cam copied on the foscam ptz codes. Here is a URL used to capture a Motion JPEG sequence, that<s what I use on my dvr softwares.

http://192.168.0.85:81/snapshot.jpg?...=******&strm=0

Any idea ?
                              First, let me say I think it is great you are getting close on your HSTouch project on android / windows clients.

Now some subjects that may help (and please remember these are off-the-cuff and not verified).

1. I create events for all the PT/PTZ camera controls and simply assign buttons in HSTouch to trigger events. In this way, I can simply update the camera details in the event if I replace a camera or change it's ip address/port / user/pass combo. No redeploy required. Time-saver!
                              2. The isvideo and update period for the image to give you slow-stop-motion video simulation in your HSTouch designer properties must be set properly.

One thing you may want to also do is force the image to be in the background or foreground (each project / device seems to like one or the other), and then bring it forward or backward until the image begins to update.

I have had every variation of these for iPhone/iPad/Kindle Fire/Nexus 7/Samsung S4/Windows, and there seems to be no magic solution that fits all cameras and deployed clients. That's merely my experience with the designer and clients for HSTouch. You may find a magic solution and if so, please share.
                              huggy_d1

Automating made easy

Comment

Working...
                              X