Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raspberry Pi 2 with Win10... and HomeSeer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Raspberry Pi 2 with Win10... and HomeSeer?

Oh, I hope this will run HS3 fine:
    http://www.engadget.com/2015/02/02/w...aspberry-pi-2/
    HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
    Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
    on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
    WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Originally posted by Moskus View Post
    Yeah, I am interested in this as well !

Comment

These boards are so much fun. I've enjoyed playing with hs3 remote plugins on them. They just keep getting better.

Sent from my SCH-R970X using Tapatalk
      HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
      54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
      Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

sweet!
        Tom
        baby steps...starting again with HS3
        HS3Pro: Z-NET & 80 Z wave Devices,
        HSTouch: 4 Joggler (Android Kitkat), 2 iPhone, 3 iPads
        Whole House Audio: 5 SqueezePlay Jogglers w Bose Speakers
        In The Works: 10 Cameras Geovision, new Adecmo/Envisalink Alarm, Arduinos
        System: XP on Fanless Mini-ITX w/ SSD

Comment

its on ebay for 48 doller , guys let me know if some 1 have buyed one .

This pi2 would be cool with speech recognition ..
          Preferred -> Jon's Plugins, Pushover, Phlocation, Easy-trigger,
          Rfxcom, Blade Plugins, Pushbullet, homekit, Malosa Scripts

HS3Pro 4.1.14.0 on windows 10 enterprise X64 on hp quadcore laptop 8 GB.

Comment

It'll be lower soon, as the price is $35.
            HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Originally posted by Moskus View Post
              It'll be lower soon, as the price is $35.
              Preferred -> Jon's Plugins, Pushover, Phlocation, Easy-trigger,
              Rfxcom, Blade Plugins, Pushbullet, homekit, Malosa Scripts

HS3Pro 4.1.14.0 on windows 10 enterprise X64 on hp quadcore laptop 8 GB.

Comment

but will it be powerfull enough ....

Comment

It is going to be six odd months before Windows 10 though isn't it? That is a bit of a shame, wondering how it would get along with being connected to a Kinnect as a low cost instance.

Comment

is there away now to run HSTouch client on a raspberry pi? or pi 2?

I dont want to run my whole homeseer system on a pi but I do want to run the HSTouch client, i have a TV I want to place on a display ledge, run the HSTouch client and use a wireless remote of some sort (USB) and have it as an HSTouch control center...

-Christopher
                    PerfecTemp - the Most advanced HVAC system I've ever Built - and its in my House

Comment

I guess you can use the Linux-version?

... but with Windows 10, you'll not be able to use HStouch in it's current state. We need a HStouch client for Windows Modern UI (and Windows Phone) for that to work.

Comment

is there away now to run HSTouch client on a raspberry pi? or pi 2?
                        Here testing out Homeseer 3 Touch on Wintel and Linux. Homeseer 3 touch is a bit faster on Linux than Homeseer 2 Touch was on an Atom PC. The GPU on the RPi2 is still really only OK verus Intel. I use XBMC as a benchmark sort of for graphics processing. I see issues here relating to running Homeseer 3 touch maybe relating to Mono?

It runs faster in Wine Wintel mode than Linux Mono mode.

The new generation of the mini quad core Wintel 8.1 stuff does fine with Homeseer 3 touch. A modern Homeseer Wintel would be nice. I never did get into using the Android OS for Homeseer Touch; even though I had it. Geez here now playing with Windows 7 embedded versus using Windows XP embedded. I have read good stuff about Windows 8.1 embedded. I have been playing with EFI booting and it works fine for me in a combo EFI/legacy BIOS.

The new Windows UEFI stuff though is a different and I am trying to get used to it.

@Magnus; BTW switched the Jogglers (Seabios Boot from PATA) over to XP embedded versus XP "lite" and they run much better / faster these days (maybe its me?). Now testing Jogglers in W7 Embedded; only starting; TTS/speaker dot exe and HS3 Touch works fine.
                        Last edited by Pete; March 6, 2015, 08:30 AM.
                        - Pete

Auto mator
                        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                        HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                        HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
                          @Magnus; BTW switched the Jogglers (Seabios Boot from PATA) over to XP embedded versus XP "lite" and they run much better / faster these days (maybe its me?). Now testing Jogglers in W7 Embedded; only starting; TTS/speaker dot exe and HS3 Touch works fine.
                          Wow, interessted.

It's like the Jogglers have become slower lately. Perhaps it's the new HStouch/HS3 combo that is more demanding.

Comment

Yeah skinny XP was too fat. XP embedded is way better.

I am doing a partial overlay of HSTouch 3 over streaming HD video (CCTV) stuff and using speaker dot exe. I only have 4-5 variables from Homeseer running right now.

Note that all of this stuff though is using a PATA connected SSD card (no USB OS booting here) on the Openpeak 1 (versus the O2 Joggler).

Video stuff still works better using Ubuntu 14.04. I don't see much difference right now between the Windows HS2 touch client and the HS3 touch client.

Playing around with W7 embedded on a single core Atom right now and I am thinking it will run better on the the Joggler using the Intel EMGD drivers.

That said I have tested the Openpeak 2 using a Crystal HD broadcom video card and it works well for streaming live and recorded 1080HD stuff.

BTW a quickie recap. There is the O2 Joggler (with O2 logo on the case), Openpeak 1 (with Openpeak logo on the case) and the Openpeak 2.

The Openpeak 1 has all of the bells and whistles in an O2 case.

The Openpeak 2 is bigger with the speakers in the front with a mini-pcie slot (with WLAN/Bluetooth card), PATA / SD traces and nicer looking but more work to modify.
                            - Pete

Auto mator
                            Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                            Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                            HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                            HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
                              That is a bit of a shame, wondering how it would get along with being connected to a Kinnect as a low cost instance.
                              That thought crossed my mind too. I suspect it may struggle though as it's far from the recommended specs for the SDK. Perhaps if just using for VR, it may have a chance.

Comment

Working...
                              X