GE Concord Handoff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GE Concord Handoff

Yes, so bus A and b are input and output that provides communication between bus devices and the panel.

Interface with Concord and HS3 requires the Automation Module which is the bridge between Concord and pc/HS.

Matt.

Comment

Ok, so I'm getting this Bus Failure Unit AM0 on my keypad, do you know what that means? I think this alarm coincided with me removing the control 4 box, but I'm not sure. I hit the star and it silences it for a few hours but goes right back to driving me nuts. I guess I don't know the code either. I hit menu, and it asks for code, and I put the code in and then the pound. It just does a long beep. Do you have a link to this interface module?

Comment

Originally posted by tome10 View Post
        Ok, so I'm getting this Bus Failure Unit AM0 on my keypad, do you know what that means? I think this alarm coincided with me removing the control 4 box, but I'm not sure. I hit the star and it silences it for a few hours but goes right back to driving me nuts. I guess I don't know the code either. I hit menu, and it asks for code, and I put the code in and then the pound. It just does a long beep. Do you have a link to this interface module?
        You have to have an RS232 device (HS3 Concord plugin, etc) communicating with the Automation Module (AM) otherwise you'll get those, very annoying, alarms..

Z

Comment

Hmm, the first post was confusing on what you have as a Concord system and hardware to me. I'm thinking you don't have the Automation Module? Or is the Modem you see really a AM?

http://www.homesecuritystore.com/ge-...ogix-60-783-02

Comment

http://www.homesecuritystore.com/ge-...ogix-60-783-02

I think that's the thing that won't fit in the cabinet. It has two phone line jacks, I thought it was a Modem. The RS232 connection that I removed from the C4 is connected to that. Which now I have connected to the Serial port of the GC100. The panel in the closet says it's AM00 when I set it to stay or off. The panel in the hallway always says P1, so I guess it's Panel 1? I know the code to arm and disarm the system, it's when I try going into the menu the code doesn't work. I guess there's an 'installer' code that I don't have.
            The AM0 alarm is still there after connecting to the GC100, I think I read somewhere you have to rescan the devices once you put in a new panel, which requires an
            Installer code.

Comment

Ok, so I found the installer code. I setup the GC100's serial connection, and I installed the Concord 4 Plugin. The Plugin says it's connected, and if I disconnect the cable and hit refresh the plugin indeed says it's disconnected, Also, and I'm very ecstatic that I no longer have the AM0 alarm any more.
              With that said;
              I can't seem to get the clocks sync'd although in the log it appears to show the panel was updated. But in the setup page it still says it isn't sync'd, and never goes green.
              Nov-23 5:43:02 PM CONCORD Info The Panel Date was reported on startup to be different than the HS Date. Syncing Date to 11/23/2017 5:43:02 PM
              Then, when I try to retrieve the zones, nothing comes back.
              I have the 5 panel zones and they all have the green OK on the error column, but below, that the concord zones, nothing comes back when I hit retrieve.

No Zones found. You need to Retrieve Zones from Panel before you can create HS devices Ok
              Getting close! You still need your alarm zones setup!
              The plug-in still needs to add your zones from the alarm panel. You manually do this on the Zone Setup page by clicking on Create Zone Devices Ok
              Clocks are NOT Syncronized. Panel time: / PC Time:
              Resync Clock
              Just noticed this in the log.
              Nov-23 6:13:55 PM CONCORD Error ComRxLineN()-Comm Port IOException(0). Msg=[0322052A]

Comment

HMMPH.. 'Odd Parity'.

Comment

It seems to be an option, but I can't seem to get that clock sync to work. I do have all the zones and stuff showing up.

Comment

So at some point that time sync alarm went away. When I arm this thing to stay, the panel beeps for like 30 seconds or so which is annoying. Is there any way to turn that off? I thought I turned the beep off on the panel, but apparently it didn't work or something.
                    Also, I understand that Arm-Away sets the interior motion sensors. I have a cat which triggers the motion sensors I have connected to Homeseer, so I don't think arming to Away would ever be a good idea. thoughts?

Comment

When I ARM and DISARM the Concord from my iPhone Homeseer control, there are no beeps.
                      As an FYI, you can't arm to AWAY remotely, this is by design which I found out by accident after I forgot to set the alarm on a trip.

Comment

Make sure you have the "Silent" checkbox checked off.

You can Arm /Away remotely, it was a bug. I have a new version for testing that will resolve that. I believe I emailed you about it when you had the problem? PM me your email and I'll send you a Dropbox link to test if you'd like.

Z

Comment

Everything is working I think. I still get this error in the log, I don't know what it is.

CONCORD Error ComRxLineN()-Comm Port IOException(0). Msg=[0322052A]

Comment

Everything is working I think. I still get this error in the log, I don't know what it is.
                            That's from the receive thread. When you configured your GC100 (using iHelp) did you configure it for 9600 baud, 8 bits, odd parity, 1 stop bit ?

Z

Comment

What's iHelp? I logged into the GC100 and set the serial port up, and yes its 9600, odd parity, 8, 1.

Comment

Working...
                              X