When to use the Voice Command device property/field

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When to use the Voice Command device property/field

if you use the basic homeseer skill, alexa seems to understand/use the Voice Command property

However, if you use the advanced homeseer skill "alexa, tell homeseer to..", the voice Command property seems to be ignored

1. how do you get the advanced homeseer skill to recognize the Voice Command property? is it even possible. seems silly to use one device name with the basic skill and have to use a complete different name with the advanced skill

2. Alexa translates "mudroom" into "mud room". How do i prevent the location word from being separated into two words?
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

One of the reasons I wrote my Alexa helper was to get around the issues with Alexa misinterpreting what you say.....
    Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
      One of the reasons I wrote my Alexa helper was to get around the issues with Alexa misinterpreting what you say.....
      Thanks Jon, I will take a look
      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
      Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
        if you use the basic homeseer skill, alexa seems to understand/use the Voice Command property

However, if you use the advanced homeseer skill "alexa, tell homeseer to..", the voice Command property seems to be ignored

1. how do you get the advanced homeseer skill to recognize the Voice Command property? is it even possible. seems silly to use one device name with the basic skill and have to use a complete different name with the advanced skill

2. Alexa translates "mudroom" into "mud room". How do i prevent the location word from being separated into two words?
        Hey Mark, I've been trying to find info on the Voice Command property for how to use it and this is the only post I've found so far. Have you figured out how to use this property? Is it only used with the basic skill? I assume it's used to simplify a device name? Some of my device names are more detailed so I know which device they are but I don't want to use them for voice control.
        Have you used Jon00 plugin? Best option?
        Thank you!
        HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
        Plugin's:
        BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
        EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
        weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by The Profit View Post
          Hey Mark, I've been trying to find info on the Voice Command property for how to use it and this is the only post I've found so far. Have you figured out how to use this property? Is it only used with the basic skill? I assume it's used to simplify a device name? Some of my device names are more detailed so I know which device they are but I don't want to use them for voice control.
          Have you used Jon00 plugin? Best option?
          Thank you!
          i think you are right, the Voice Command is only used in the basic skill. i don't think its used in the advanced skill which is a little confusing. You can put in anything and alexa will recognize the device by that name

i haven't tried Jon00 plugin
          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
          X