This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Homeseer recognizes voice command but won't turn device on

The computer recognizes the attention phrase and answers however, when I say something like "turn office lights on," homeseer responds, "turn office lights on," but doesn't turn the device on. I do have the voice recognition box checked on the device page. I have tried this on two seperate computer audio clients with the same responce. Also I get no errors in the events dialog.

Thanks for any help you can provide.
    Duce

You either have to associate an event with that exact phrase or for "built in" commands you have to say the exact location and name. ie I have a location named TV Room and a device Overhead Light. You would have to say "TV Room Overhead Light off". You also need voice command checked for this device.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply. For the office lights they are a "built in" command. I have the checkbox marked in the device options page and Homeseer does recognize the command and responds that it will accomplish the function but still no luck.

Duce

Comment

If you have command confirmation turned on, it is waiting for you to say "yes" after it repeats the command back to you.

Otherwise, check to see that HomeSeer really can control the device (turn it on/off from the status screen).

Comment

I have tried with both confirm command on and off. Also, I do reply to the confirmation with a "yes". Still no luck.

I just shut Homeseer down and started it back up and there was this error in the events dialog:

2/29/2012 12:04:28 PM - Error - Exception saving grammar data to file C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HSPRO\Grammar\Grammar_Data_HA-PC#HA PC.hs : The process cannot access the file 'C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HSPRO\Grammar\Grammar_Data_HA-PC#HA PC.hs' because it is being used by another process.

I am guessing this has something to do with my situation but what do I do?

Thanks,
          Duce

Comment

Anybody have an idea on how to resolve this issue?

Error - Exception saving grammar data to file C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HSPRO\Grammar\Grammar_Data_HA-PC#HA PC.hs : The process cannot access the file 'C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HSPRO\Grammar\Grammar_Data_HA-PC#HA PC.hs' because it is being used by another process

Thanks,
            Duce

Comment

Originally posted by duce1147 View Post
              Anybody have an idea on how to resolve this issue?

Error - Exception saving grammar data to file C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HSPRO\Grammar\Grammar_Data_HA-PC#HA PC.hs : The process cannot access the file 'C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HSPRO\Grammar\Grammar_Data_HA-PC#HA PC.hs' because it is being used by another process

Thanks,
              Duce
              Hi, Did you resolve this issue after? I'm having same problem.

Comment

Remove the grammar file because it seems to be corrupt. (or remane it for backup sake)
                It will be automaticaly rebuild by the speaker client in the HS server
                - Bram

Send from my Commodore VIC-20

Ashai_Rey____________________________________________________________ ________________
                HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534
                PIugins: ZMC audio | ZMC VR | ZMC IR | ZMC NDS | RFXcom | AZ scripts | Jon00 Scripts | BLBackup | FritzBox | Z-Wave | mcsMQTT | AK Ikea

Comment

Originally posted by AshaiRey View Post
                  Remove the grammar file because it seems to be corrupt. (or remane it for backup sake)
                  It will be automaticaly rebuild by the speaker client in the HS server
                  I shutdown HS3.0.0.48. Backed up and remove grammer file & Restarted. Said initially file missing, then it created on then about 20min later got this error (twice):
                  Exception during grammar generation, loading grammar (GetCommandMenuData empty)
                  Then:
                  Exception during grammar generation, loading grammar: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\Grammar\Grammar_Data_CherryServer#Default.hs' because it is being used by another process.

Any other suggestions?

Comment

Hi Jonny,

Sorry,i can't help you further because i don't have any HS3 knowledge.
                    I responded to you question because this is in a HS2/HSPRO forum
                    - Bram

Send from my Commodore VIC-20

Ashai_Rey____________________________________________________________ ________________
                    HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534
                    PIugins: ZMC audio | ZMC VR | ZMC IR | ZMC NDS | RFXcom | AZ scripts | Jon00 Scripts | BLBackup | FritzBox | Z-Wave | mcsMQTT | AK Ikea

Comment

Originally posted by AshaiRey View Post
                      Hi Jonny,

Sorry,i can't help you further because i don't have any HS3 knowledge.
                      I responded to you question because this is in a HS2/HSPRO forum
                      Cheers! Thank you. If I get resolve it, I will add to this thread.

Comment

Working...
                      X