Alexa room access

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rjh View Post
    The native skill is not changing. I am referring to the new Smart Home version 3 skill that is not yet released. You wil NOT have to say "tell homeseer to..."
    So, what would be the advantage using the native skill then?

Comment

Originally posted by randman View Post
      So, what would be the advantage using the native skill then?
      I've found you can do a lot more with the skill as least compared to V2 Smart Home. We'll see after V3 is released.
      HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.548
      Linux version: Linux auto 4.15.0-72-generic #81-Ubuntu SMP Tue Nov 26 12:20:02 UTC 2019 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
      Number of Devices: 484 | Number of Events: 776

Enabled Plug-Ins: 3.0.0.13: AirplaySpeak | 2.0.61.0: BLBackup
      3.0.0.70: EasyTrigger | 1.3.7006.42100: LiftMaster MyQ
      4.2.3.0: mcsMQTT | 3.0.0.53: PHLocation2 | 0.0.0.47: Pushover 3P
      3.0.0.16: RaspberryIO | 3.0.1.262: Z-Wave

Z-Net version: 1.0.23 for Inclusion Nodes
      SmartStick+: 6.04 (ZDK 6.81.3) on Server

Comment

Both skills with be active, you can pick the one you want or use both at the same time.

As for Denmark, see if the SmartHome skill is available now, we have the version 2 skill available in the EU so I think it should be working. If you see it, then the version 3 skill will work when its released.

Originally posted by ldplusse View Post
        Can i use this new skill in Denmark, when it is released. (I have to talk english of course).

Will 'HomeSeer Smart Home' replace 'HomeSeer Home Automation Skill'?
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Rich, any updates on the release of the next version? Last I remember, you had submitted it to Amazon and are awaiting for them to certify, correct?
          HomeSeer 2, HomeSeer 3, Allonis myServer, Amazon Alexa Dots, ELK M1G, ISY 994i, HomeKit, BlueIris, and 6 "4k" Cameras using NVR, and integration between all of these systems. Home Automation since 1980.

Comment

They came back twice with some issues with our sample voice commands in our skill description. So I assume everything else is ok. We made the changes and submitted again this morning. Hopefully we are close now.

On the plus side we did just add lock support to the Google Assistant and that is active now.

Originally posted by Krumpy View Post
            Rich, any updates on the release of the next version? Last I remember, you had submitted it to Amazon and are awaiting for them to certify, correct?

Comment

They came back twice with some issues with our sample voice commands in our skill description.
              omg, Amazon has ocd lol

Comment

They came back twice with some issues with our sample voice commands in our skill description. So I assume everything else is ok. We made the changes and submitted again this morning. Hopefully we are close now.

On the plus side we did just add lock support to the Google Assistant and that is active now.
                Rich after that has been approved, is there going to be a a new update to HS3? If so is it ready so we can download it for when everything has been approved.
                Hector
                MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
                AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Last edited by ; March 22, 2018, 08:30 PM.

Comment

Last edited by ; March 22, 2018, 08:30 PM.

Comment

Make sure you link with the skill named "HomeSeer Smart home skil"l to get the V3 one. I don't know if existing room assignments will stick, that is not under our control.

Comment

Got the new version of the skill installed. I have an Echo in my Kitchen, and it's in a smart home group with the switch that controls the kitchen light. Unfortunately, when I say "Alexa, turn on the light", it says "Sorry, I didn't find light" rather than turn the light on. If I add the dining room light (an Insteon Dimmer - shows as "Type: Light") to the smart home group, "Alexa, turn on the light" will turns the dining room light on and off with no problem. I think the issue is that Insteon on/off switches are being presented as "Type: Switch" rather than "Type: Light" ... Is there any way for me to get my On/Off switches to show as lights, instead of switches?

Comment

Answered my own question: latest betas of HS3 Pro have a checkbox in the device's configuration page for "Is light". Checking that and doing a discovery on Alexa corrected the problem.

Originally posted by whippersnapper View Post
                          Got the new version of the skill installed. I have an Echo in my Kitchen, and it's in a smart home group with the switch that controls the kitchen light. Unfortunately, when I say "Alexa, turn on the light", it says "Sorry, I didn't find light" rather than turn the light on. If I add the dining room light (an Insteon Dimmer - shows as "Type: Light") to the smart home group, "Alexa, turn on the light" will turns the dining room light on and off with no problem. I think the issue is that Insteon on/off switches are being presented as "Type: Switch" rather than "Type: Light" ... Is there any way for me to get my On/Off switches to show as lights, instead of switches?

Comment

By the way, this is really awesome and thank you, rjh, for getting this released!

Comment

Rich,

No it does not stick.

Thanks it is working now! But had to remove all the devices in Alexa and reads them.

And named them one by one in the in the new box in HS3 device control . I missed that box !

Comment

When I forget all the devices, disable api v2, enable v3, it can not find any devices. I am on version 402. I have tried to enable and disable several times, I restarted homeseer several times. Many of my devices have voice commands.

Comment

Working...
                                X