This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HUB replacement process

My 2245 HUB died and I am in process of getting a new one. It has not arrived yet. What will be the process of replacing it in the plugin? I assume it will have a new insteon ID.

Will I use the "Program and Replace/Swapped Interface" feature for the HUB? Or is that for switches and devices only?

Just preparing myself for the level of effort once the new unit arrives.

Thanks

You have the right idea. please see the following thread for details.

https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=141044

this is going to take some work/time; plan accordingly

remember you may run the routine more than once; it will only try to update devices that still have the old insteon id. so it will go quicker the next time.

wireless devices must be put into linking mode manually (hold set btn for 3 secs); you may skip them and update later using the 'program device for homeseer', then delete the old links.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

that was super easy and quite painless.
      one small note is I had a range extender that needed deleted and readded, but rest worked great!!!

Comment

Originally posted by charlesmbell View Post
        that was super easy and quite painless.
        one small note is I had a range extender that needed deleted and readded, but rest worked great!!!
        glad it worked so well for you and thanks for reporting back.
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
          glad it worked so well for you and thanks for reporting back.
          Spoke too soon.

I have an issue where the HUB seems to lock up. I get a "401 (unauthorized)".
          I try to connect locally and cannot.
          The IOS app works (hub still responds)
          I need to change either the username or password in the APP (just same characters and save)
          I then can log back into the hub locally and restart the plugin.

It works for a while then locks up.

I saw in another post from you in late Jan to consider the beta if getting errors in the log.

Is this one of the fixes in the beta? Or do you have another suggestion. This is a brand new hub.

Comment

Spoke too soon.

I have an issue where the HUB seems to lock up. I get a "401 (unauthorized)".
            I try to connect locally and cannot.
            The IOS app works (hub still responds)
            I need to change either the username or password in the APP (just same characters and save)
            I then can log back into the hub locally and restart the plugin.

It works for a while then locks up.

I saw in another post from you in late Jan to consider the beta if getting errors in the log.

Is this one of the fixes in the beta? Or do you have another suggestion. This is a brand new hub.
            what plugin version are you running?
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

what plugin version are you running?

Comment

Yah, give the latest beta a try. i made a few changes specific to the Hub
                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Yah, give the latest beta a try. i made a few changes specific to the Hub
                  same error with new beta.

where is the new error log located?

trying a reboot of hub and HS (did not reboot after beta install, just restarted plugin)

Comment

same error with new beta.

where is the new error log located?

trying a reboot of hub and HS (did not reboot after beta install, just restarted plugin)
                    errors logs are in the config folder called insteon error report.log

are you using the insteon app and plugin together?
                    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

errors logs are in the config folder called insteon error report.log

are you using the insteon app and plugin together?
                      I did add devices to the insteon app last night. But I rarely use it. Was just how I had the old HUB setup.

so yes, I have both setup.

is that a possible issue?

Comment

I did add devices to the insteon app last night. But I rarely use it. Was just how I had the old HUB setup.

so yes, I have both setup.

is that a possible issue?
                        i know others use both in some capacity. What i can tell you is that i don't support anything the insteon app does to the hub. So it may be worth disabling/disconnecting the insteon app from the hub and see how it goes.

is the hub on the same local lan as the hs server?
                        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

i know others use both in some capacity. What i can tell you is that i don't support anything the insteon app does to the hub. So it may be worth disabling/disconnecting the insteon app from the hub and see how it goes.

is the hub on the same local lan as the hs server?
                          I signed out of the app, so I assume thats what you meant. and yes, hub and HS on same subnet.

Comment

I signed out of the app, so I assume thats what you meant. and yes, hub and HS on same subnet.
                            I am having trouble factory resetting my HUB. Trying that also, but after reset all my devices are still there. I opened a ticket with them. Need to pick this up tonight.

any other suggestions, let me know.

Comment

the plugin has a reset and reprogram interface function that you can use on the hub as long as the plugin can talk to the hub
                              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                              X