HA-Bridge - EU/UK direct control of devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kprice View Post
    I saw that plugin when first started, but it looked like it was just for setting up a skill that required the homeseer Alexa skill to installed.
    I think your right.

Comment

Terminating the HA-Bridge

How can I terminate the HA-Bridge automatically in the VB ShutDown script when HomeSeer is shut down.

It's easy enough to start it

Code:
      hs.Launch("C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\ha-bridge\HA-Bridge.bat", "", "", "0")
      I've tried various diffferent bits of code to close but nothing seems to close it

I can get 'cmd.exe' to close under Processes in Task Manager but the HA-Bridge remains running with a entry under Applications 'c:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe' which I cannot seem to be able to close with scripting.

Any advice on how to do this?

Thanks
      Simon
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Simonk; January 13, 2017, 03:04 AM.

Comment

Has anyone encountered a problem where the harmony app will only read a handful of devices from the ha-bridge. I have 44 devices configured, but only a few load into the Harmony app. All work fine with Google Home.

It's not a huge deal, but I thought I'd make use of those buttons on the remote since I thought this should work.
        - Tom

HSPro/Insteon
        Web Site
        YouTube Channel

Comment

Originally posted by csullivan2005 View Post
          this is very possible since Im using DHCP

I guess my confusion is how to setup the HAbridge

Under the section bridge control my UPNP IP address is set to what it was at the very start of me setting up this bridge

So if my local ip did change what do I need to do next in bridge interface or in my router to fix this and so it doesn't happen again. I know how to find out what my local ip is.

Sorry if this is basic stuff Im still learning as I go

Thanks
          Chris
          Chris, what you want to do is to go into your router setup page and link your mac address to a static IP address so that it doesn't change all the time. Normally this will be in the section where you configure DHCP.
          - Tom

HSPro/Insteon
          Web Site
          YouTube Channel

Comment

Folks,

I have a quick and dirty script that I created to update the status in ha-bridge to keep it in sync with HomeSeer. I could share this if someone needs something like this. Like I implied it is a bit of a quick hack right now. I am using it for ha-bridge and control with Google Home. However, I am thinking that I would switch over to the direct HomeSeer interface when that is ready. If that comes out and there is some reason I would stay with ha-bridge instead, I'd probably clean this up a bit.

Is there anyone that has need of something like this now?
            - Tom

HSPro/Insteon
            Web Site
            YouTube Channel

Comment

Originally posted by tpchristian View Post
              Folks,

I have a quick and dirty script that I created to update the status in ha-bridge to keep it in sync with HomeSeer. I could share this if someone needs something like this. Like I implied it is a bit of a quick hack right now. I am using it for ha-bridge and control with Google Home. However, I am thinking that I would switch over to the direct HomeSeer interface when that is ready. If that comes out and there is some reason I would stay with ha-bridge instead, I'd probably clean this up a bit.

Is there anyone that has need of something like this now?

Hi tpchristian,

If your script updates the HA bridge with devices setup in homeseer I would be interested to see it, although personally not ready to totally automate that at this stage I can see why it might be useful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

HA-Bridge has stopped working

Anyone have any ideas over why this has suddenly stopped working on my Win10 box?
                I've been using it for months alongside Jon00's helper and its been rock solid.

I noticed that my Echo's stopped responding to instructions a few days ago after I disabled uPNP on my router but I don't see why that would cause issues. Even after re-enabling uPNP and rebooting everything, Test an ON or Test OFF do not work via the bridge webpage or Echo.
                I get this error in the DOS box...

<..SNIP..>
                2017-07-26 16:27:47,561 [main] INFO com.bwssystems.HABridge.hue.HueMulator - Hue emulator service started....
                2017-07-26 16:27:47,566 [main] INFO com.bwssystems.HABridge.upnp.UpnpListener - UPNP Discovery Listener starting....
                2017-07-26 16:27:47,589 [main] INFO com.bwssystems.HABridge.upnp.UpnpListener - UPNP Discovery Listener running and ready....
                2017-07-26 16:27:55,305 [qtp768667677-16] WARN com.bwssystems.HABridge.hue.HueMulator - Error on calling url to change device state: http://192.168.0.58:81/JSON?request=...=239&value=255

Of course all JSON commands typed directly in to the browser function normally and all my devices are discovered normally.

I am at a complete loss and any help would be appreciated

Comment

I use it, but now with Echo. Mine is still working. My first guess would be that your reference number is not correct. If you try that URL on your HS box, does it work?

Originally posted by reggs11 View Post
                  Anyone have any ideas over why this has suddenly stopped working on my Win10 box?
                  I've been using it for months alongside Jon00's helper and its been rock solid.

I noticed that my Echo's stopped responding to instructions a few days ago after I disabled uPNP on my router but I don't see why that would cause issues. Even after re-enabling uPNP and rebooting everything, Test an ON or Test OFF do not work via the bridge webpage or Echo.
                  I get this error in the DOS box...

<..SNIP..>
                  2017-07-26 16:27:47,561 [main] INFO com.bwssystems.HABridge.hue.HueMulator - Hue emulator service started....
                  2017-07-26 16:27:47,566 [main] INFO com.bwssystems.HABridge.upnp.UpnpListener - UPNP Discovery Listener starting....
                  2017-07-26 16:27:47,589 [main] INFO com.bwssystems.HABridge.upnp.UpnpListener - UPNP Discovery Listener running and ready....
                  2017-07-26 16:27:55,305 [qtp768667677-16] WARN com.bwssystems.HABridge.hue.HueMulator - Error on calling url to change device state: http://192.168.0.58:81/JSON?request=...=239&value=255

Of course all JSON commands typed directly in to the browser function normally and all my devices are discovered normally.

I am at a complete loss and any help would be appreciated
                  - Tom

HSPro/Insteon
                  Web Site
                  YouTube Channel

Comment

Originally posted by tpchristian View Post
                    I use it, but now with Echo. Mine is still working. My first guess would be that your reference number is not correct. If you try that URL on your HS box, does it work?
                    Like l said, all JSON commands typed in to the browser work fine.
                    Just doesn't make any sense.

Comment

Do you have a backup?

I use BLbackup to make a zip copy of the folder i have the ha bridge in every night. I have had a croupt file after unsafe shutdown before. Just delete and unzip the backup and off i go again.

Comment

Sorry I am not sure what you mean by on the DOS box. When you are trying it in the browser are you doing it from the same machine that you are running ha-bridge? I guess what is running through my mind is if you have any kind of firewall setup or recently enabled that would be blocking port 81 on your HS box.?

As far as upnp, I seem to recall that this may be something needed for Hue emulation. If ha-bridge seems to get the command, I guess this is not the problem anyway.

Originally posted by reggs11 View Post
                        Like l said, all JSON commands typed in to the browser work fine.
                        Just doesn't make any sense.
                        - Tom

HSPro/Insteon
                        Web Site
                        YouTube Channel

Comment

Originally posted by integlikewhoa View Post
                          Do you have a backup?

I use BLbackup to make a zip copy of the folder i have the ha bridge in every night. I have had a croupt file after unsafe shutdown before. Just delete and unzip the backup and off i go again.
                          Yep, I use BLbackup as well and restored. I also re-downloaded the original jar and still get the same error.
                          On the hub page itself I get this error in a red popup for any device I try to test.

Request Error, Pleae look in your habridge log: error {"type":6,"address":"/lights/15","description":"Error on calling url to change device state","parameter":"/lights/15state"}

I have 30 or so devices and events and all of them used to work great.
                          Firewall on or off, everything rebooted. I've even tried some later versions of the jar. Nothing

Comment

Sorry I am not sure what you mean by on the DOS box.
                            The jar file runs the HABridge server on port 85 inside a DOS box \ CMD window.

When you are trying it in the browser are you doing it from the same machine that you are running ha-bridge? I guess what is running through my mind is if you have any kind of firewall setup or recently enabled that would be blocking port 81 on your HS box.?
                            Yes same machine.
                            I was getting repeated access attempts on my HS3 box from outside the firewall (WAN side) so disabled the HS3 server and disabled my HS3 port forwarding on my router. You would definitely think that this caused the problem but when I re-enable everything I still get the same issue so I don't think its actually that.
                            I can't be certain but this appeared to stop working before I made these changes, but like I said when everything is re-enabled with all firewalls and antivirus software off, even a local Test ON from the HA Bridge gives me this error, even though local JSON commands work fine.

As far as upnp, I seem to recall that this may be something needed for Hue emulation. If ha-bridge seems to get the command, I guess this is not the problem anyway
                            Yep thats what I figured as well.

Comment

Have you tried to delete all the devices in Alexa and rescanned?
                              Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
                                Have you tried to delete all the devices in Alexa and rescanned?
                                Hi Jon, nope. I've only re-Discovered\re-scanned. I'll try that later.

Whats odd is that not actually using the Echo, but just using the TEST-ON or TEST-OFF directly from the Bridge web page has stopped working so I don't think that its anything to do with the Echo. I've even removed the anti-virus stuff but no joy. Your Echo Helper is still working fine BTW of course

Comment

Working...
                                X