This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by spud View Post
    delete or rename it, it's probably causing a conflict with the one used by the Chromecast plugin in bin/Chromecast

This dll has probably been installed by another plugin, but it shouldn't be there.
    I see, thanks. Need to find the way to do it remotely, otherwise will try tonight

Comment

Originally posted by stefxx View Post
      I guess what you mean is the option to "disconnect" a stream, going back to "None" or "Backdrop" (depending on how you setup the CC). Similar to disconnect by using the Google Home app. I would like this feature as well.
      In version 3.0.0.10, I have added a "Stop" button to the application device. This control completely close the currently running application.

You need to delete your current application devices, and then install and start the new version for the stop button to be created.

Comment

delete or rename it, it's probably causing a conflict with the one used by the Chromecast plugin in bin/Chromecast

This dll has probably been installed by another plugin, but it shouldn't be there.
        It works, confirmed. Thanks! Ready to buy

Comment

In version 3.0.0.10, I have added a "Stop" button to the application device. This control completely close the currently running application.

You need to delete your current application devices, and then install and start the new version for the stop button to be created.
          Thanks Spud,
          I'm also ready to buy.

Regards,
          Fischi

Comment

Thanks!
            stefxx

Comment

Lots of uses

I can see lots of uses for this. Especially since it uses your voice. Imagine Setting it next to a homeseer mic. It really turns all your Google assistant’s Google homes and minis into Mic’s for HS. You can say like hey Google broadcast Xxxxxxxxx (your homeseer voice phrase)I have been playing around with it and it works you just have to make sure you have your voice confirmations turned off. So any chrome cast device assistant can be a Homeseer mic.

Originally posted by Sireone View Post
              Well, this seems ironic!

https://www.blog.google/products/ass...gle-assistant/

Spud, does this changes things with the plug-in?

Comment

Not sure why you'd want to do that when the Chromecast plugin already allows you to use Google Home speakers as HS speakers directly from events using TTS or media.

Comment

And it allows you to use HS.speak to trigger Chromecast tasks, like play xxx from Spotify to Chromecast yyy. Tested and that also works!
                  Peter

http://ohh.pcgsm.nl

Comment

Hey Spud.

Is it possible to add Power on and Power off as actions for chromecast devices?

Comment

Not Sure what you are saying

Im not sure what you are saying can you show me how to use a google home or mini as HS speaker?

Originally posted by abwyatt View Post
                      Not sure why you'd want to do that when the Chromecast plugin already allows you to use Google Home speakers as HS speakers directly from events using TTS or media.

Comment

Originally posted by tfraley1 View Post
                        Im not sure what you are saying can you show me how to use a google home or mini as HS speaker?
                        I agree. I cannot get my google assistant to speak using the chromecast addin.

Comment

Originally posted by jryan15 View Post
                          I agree. I cannot get my google assistant to speak using the chromecast addin.
                          What are you trying to do exactly?
                          The chromecast plugin definitely works with Google Home, it won't speak with the Google assistant voice but it will speak with hte voice configured on your HS machine (the same one used on HS speakers)

Comment

What are you trying to do exactly?
                            The chromecast plugin definitely works with Google Home, it won't speak with the Google assistant voice but it will speak with hte voice configured on your HS machine (the same one used on HS speakers)
                            thanks spud. i have several chrome casts and one google assistant configured. all of the chrome casts will speak the strings that i add, but the assistant would not. if i recall, it would beep, but there was no voice.

currently i do not use any voice options with homeseer, and quite possible, i have the option turned off. could that be the issue? i don't know why it would still work on the other chrome casts though.

thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by jryan15 View Post
                              thanks spud. i have several chrome casts and one google assistant configured. all of the chrome casts will speak the strings that i add, but the assistant would not. if i recall, it would beep, but there was no voice.

currently i do not use any voice options with homeseer, and quite possible, i have the option turned off. could that be the issue? i don't know why it would still work on the other chrome casts though.

thanks!
                              What do you call a google assistan? Is it a google home?
                              If the chromecast plugin discovers your Google Home, and if it is enabled in the config page, then when you run a Speak action from HS3, it should speak.

If you can't figure it out, set the log level to Debug, and post what you get when you click the Test button from the config page.

Comment

It is a google home. It was definitely connected and working, but wouldn't speak. I'll give it another go around and post back. This was one of the things slowing me from buying the add-in, but if it will work, I'm definitely in.

I would love to get voice feedback configured for several commands.

Comment

Working...
                                X