Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rien du Pre View Post
    @Chak

I know you use a MAC, just as I do. do you have the issues with Firefox/Safari on the MAC as I described earlier in this post ??

Thanks,
    I use an Apple Mac with Firefox Safari and Opera and have not had any of the problems you are having

Comment

Rien,
      Sorry I forgot to get back to you regarding the Firefox issues you reported. I installed Firefox (Windows) here and everything seems to run ok. I don't have a MAC (I have been close a few times because I do like the look of the new I-Mac) so sadly I can't test that side of things.

Chak,
      Glad to here you got is sorted in the end.

I have now created a built-in updating utility that will run after an update and make a backup of all the database files, then make any required database structure changes and finally add any new ini entries with default values. This will become effective after the next update and then any future upgrades should be much smoother

I am working on a few other enhancements to the sensor logging and should have a new version done in the next few days.

The main things I am trying to get finished for the next version are:
      Basic charting of security sensors.
      Restricting guest access on a per page basis.
      Support for logging of AC (HomeEasy) type security devices.

Paul..

Comment

Originally posted by 8r1an View Post
        I use an Apple Mac with Firefox Safari and Opera and have not had any of the problems you are having
        Okay thanks Chak and Brian...

Now I'm beginning to think that it has something to do with chart director. I do not have any other problems with the HS webpages except the one with chart director.
        How can I check the chart director version and are the any different versions ??
        Regards,

Rien du Pre
        The Netherlands
        Using:
        Homeseer PRO latest HS4 BETA on a Raspberry
        Plugin's:
        RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

Rien,

The version of ChartDirector included with the charts pages is 4.1.

I am aware of a few page rendering issues when using Frefox relating to the page footers and also vertical spacing of the menu bars but I have not experienced the screwed up chart images like in your post.

I have investigated these issues with the footer and menu bars. I now know what causes these problems and I should have them fixed soon.

Paul..

Comment

Originally posted by sooty View Post
            Rien,

The version of ChartDirector included with the charts pages is 4.1.

I am aware of a few page rendering issues when using Frefox relating to the page footers and also vertical spacing of the menu bars but I have not experienced the screwed up chart images like in your post.

I have investigated these issues with the footer and menu bars. I now know what causes these problems and I should have them fixed soon.

Paul..
            How can I check the version of chart director?
            Regards,

Rien du Pre
            The Netherlands
            Using:
            Plugin's:
            RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

How can I check the version of chart director?
              Do a search in \Homeseer 2\html for netchartdir.dll The dll may be present in more than 1 place.

The dll should be version 4.1.0.1.

I have a feeling it is more likely that this issue is something to do with your Homeseer or browser setup rather than ChartDirector. 1 user reported that this partial loading of chart images happened occasionally with IE as well, that's what makes me think it is something to do with the way the Homeseer web server deals with the processing of the requests.

I will look into it further and see if I can find a solution.

Paul..

Comment

That's right. I also have it with IE, but not that much as on the MAc with Firefox.

and I use version 4.1.0.1...
                Regards,

Rien du Pre
                The Netherlands
                Using:
                Plugin's:
                RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

Request for extra charts Max/Min

Sooty,
                  is it possible to add two extra chart that will display the max and the min of the last 24 hour?

Comment

is it possible to add two extra chart that will display the max and the min of the last 24 hour?
                    Chak,

Can you be a little more descriptive? For which devices would you like the Min / Max values? All or just the weather?

I had thought about adding extra information to the current weather page for min / max values and barometer trend etc.

I am trying not to add too many new bits to the current version because as well as working on the current version, I am also creating a version 2 RFXCharts which takes a very different approach to the whole affair. V2 will be able to deal with much more frequent recording intervals and therefore will give much more accurate information. Also you will be able to choose day / night values so for instance you can see the min or max day time or night time temperature for any given period.

Now I am finishing off the sensor logging part for V1 and adding support for the HomeEasy/KlikAan-KlikUit type PIR and Magnetic Switch. The sensor logging will be part of V2 so any time spent on this hopefully will not be wasted.

Paul..

Comment

Hi Paul,
                      sounds great the new things you are working on.
                      I'm also using Kaku devices..

The Min / Max is for the current weather page.

few small things.
                      Can you make possible for hiding some information?
                      Like UV Index wind etc.

In the Utilities I have no water and gas i like to hide the chart part of it.

I the original chart of utilities there was option for trend line can you please add this one?

thanks

Comment

Chak,

I should be able to add the Min/Max values to the current weather page without too much trouble. In fact I originally intended to do this but I can't remember why I didn't.

It is a little more difficult to hide unused meters on the current weather page because of the way I have designed the page. I will see what I can do with this but I may have to make them greyed out rather than hidden.

I will put in the option to hide unused utility charts and also I will add the option to display a trend line on the utilities charts if required.

I am just finishing off the logging for HomeEasy / KaKu devices and then I will have a look at putting in your suggestions.

Paul..

Comment

Paul,
                          Thanks for the update.
                          If you need any help with testing please send a PM

Enver

Comment

this is what I wanted to do with the 1 wire kit... but rf worked sooo nice...well for a bit..
                            seems my attic ones are a bit of a reach .... they keep on going to communication failure or something like that..
                            but hey.. I like this..
                            my house is at an average... but the attic is definitely the hot spot!!!!
                            Attached Files
                            HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

For better overview you can split the chart is 3 different ones per level..

you don't need a sauna in your house

Comment

Jeff,

I have experimented with different scaling options for the temp charts so If you have many sensors on the same chart which are all reporting near the same temp then the chart range is reduced making the chart easier to read.

In your example the Y-Axis range would have been 60 to 130.

I may include this option in the next version.

Paul..

Comment

Working...
                                X