www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > Legacy Software & Plug-ins > Legacy Plug-ins > Legacy HomeSeer Plug-ins > TED (The Energy Detective) Plug-In

TED (The Energy Detective) Plug-In Discussions related to the support of the TED device which monitors power usage in your home.

Old June 8th, 2009, 02:25 PM
Seer Master

Multiple TED sensors

Is it possible to have two TED sensors report to one display unit? I cannot tell from the instructions if this is an add-on that I can buy? Or did I need to buy a different unit in the first place? Since the setup asks me how many house codes, I am guessing I can probably add on a second sensor unit. Can I buy that from Homeseer?

My goal is to measure the total electricity usage, and also measure what part of that is used by the swimming pool equipment which has its own sub-panel.

Pete
Old June 8th, 2009, 07:34 PM
Seer Master

TED can use two simultaneous MTUs (Measuring Transmit Unit).

From the manual:

Multiple MTU Display
If the RDU is configured to receive recordings from multiple MTU’s, the individual MTU display values will automatically show up on the dashboard. The overall values displayed are the cumulative values recorded by both MTU’s. The individual MTU kWh, Dlr, and Voltage values will appear on the Real-Time Usage and Voltage Panels.
Old June 8th, 2009, 08:23 PM
Seer Master

Thanks Mike---I read right through that without seeing it, and now I looked again and see the upgrade on the TED web site.

Pete