"external" event trigger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"external" event trigger

I need to trigger several events when an active goes active. I don't want any delay before retrigger. I have created a active zone with the name "BLActive1". The active zone is configured with no "on" event and no "off" event. I have my "external" events set up with a trigger "BLActive1" set to on. BLActive1 is set to a virtual device with a device code of "r1". The device code shows in BLRadar as "r1". So can I trigger an event with the virtual device code for the active zone just like any other virtual device. Currently, none of my events trigger when the virtual device BLActive1 go to an "on" condition.

So you are setting an active zone ON manually? Active zones are assigned to multiple motion sensors and will go ON when any motion sensor goes ON
    Show me some screenshots of what you are doing
    Cheers,
    Bob
    Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Originally posted by Blade View Post
      So you are setting an active zone ON manually? Active zones are assigned to multiple motion sensors and will go ON when any motion sensor goes ON
      Show me some screenshots of what you are doing
      No. I am trying to trigger an event with the active zone getting set to an "on" status.

Attached are screen shots.

Thanks
      Attached Files

Comment

I had the same issue. I had to use Spud's EasyTrigger to check if the string changed. If it did I check if it's on or off. Attached is an image for my "On" event. You can see in the first block how I check for the string change.

Other things I did:
        • I don't use the images in BLRadar. I leave them blank and use the Status Range Images instead.
        • I matched the virtual device's status strings to match BLRadar. No real reason for this than I liked it this way.
        • I removed the time off the status. My "fix" doesn't require that, but I didn't see a need for it.

@Blade, My guess is that the way you are setting the value for the active zone devices you are telling it not to trigger events. I think when you do CAPI it works like this, I'm not sure. All I know is that I can't trigger events off changes in those device's values.

Perhaps add an option for Active Zones to allow them to trigger events. My motion events depend on more than just motion sensors to trigger them so I can't use the on/off events in the BLRadar setup. I merely use BLRadar to group motion sensors to make event creation easier.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by sirmeili View Post
          I had the same issue. I had to use Spud's EasyTrigger to check if the string changed. If it did I check if it's on or off. Attached is an image for my "On" event. You can see in the first block how I check for the string change.

Other things I did:
          • I don't use the images in BLRadar. I leave them blank and use the Status Range Images instead.
          • I matched the virtual device's status strings to match BLRadar. No real reason for this than I liked it this way.
          • I removed the time off the status. My "fix" doesn't require that, but I didn't see a need for it.

@Blade, My guess is that the way you are setting the value for the active zone devices you are telling it not to trigger events. I think when you do CAPI it works like this, I'm not sure. All I know is that I can't trigger events off changes in those device's values.

Perhaps add an option for Active Zones to allow them to trigger events. My motion events depend on more than just motion sensors to trigger them so I can't use the on/off events in the BLRadar setup. I merely use BLRadar to group motion sensors to make event creation easier.
          Bob,

Should I put in a feature request for this on your site? I ran into this again after setting up some more motion sensors in BLRadar. Woke up to the kitchen lights still being on (My bad, I should have remembered that BLRadar devices didn't trigger events).

Comment

Have you tried using the "user defined motion code" or the "When this active zone goes ON" for the active zone?
            Cheers,
            Bob

Comment

Have you tried using the "user defined motion code" or the "When this active zone goes ON" for the active zone?
              I think the "user defined motion code" is the script stuff. I'm thinking that is overkill for my purpose. I just want to be able to use the Active Zone in events by using "When the value changes...." triggers. I could rewrite my events in script, but like I said, right now that's overkill.

And the "When this active zone goes on" does trigger an event, but limits me to 1 event which as far as I know doesn't have any other options/conditions.

In my case, I use the motion sensors, but I also have them tied to a virtual device that determines if want "automatic lights" to work. It seems to me that you are setting the value for these devices but specifically telling homeseer to not trigger events. I know the setDeviceVAlueByRef() and setDeviceValueEX() methods both allow you to send in "false" for the last parameter to accomplish this. What I am asking is if it's possible to send true instead (could be that you could be using another method to change the value that is not causing it to trigger events).

Basically, I'm only using BLRadar to group motion sensors into 1 device and triggering events off of that. It may be able to do a lot more, but right now that is my use case (And was enough for me to buy it )

Comment

So you just need the active zone on and off to automatically trigger events
                Cheers,
                Bob

Comment

Try 2.0.124 and let me know if it does what u need
                  Cheers,
                  Bob

Comment

Try 2.0.124 and let me know if it does what u need
                    I tried, it did not trigger on setting it to on or off. For now I am using easyTrigger to check the device status so it's not critical, just makes it more consistent when creating events.

Attached is a picture of the event. Also pictured is a picture of the log. You can see where the event based on device strings ran, but the the test event didn't .
                    Attached Files

Comment

If you use 100 for ON and 0 for OFF it might trigger it
                      Cheers,
                      Bob

Comment

If you use 100 for ON and 0 for OFF it might trigger it
                        I am not using the plugin to set the image or text (I left those fields blank). I just have the statuses named the same as the default text is. Attached is an image of the status graphics. So I am setting it to "0" or "100".

Or am I misunderstanding?
                        Attached Files

Comment

Hmm I changed the call to trigger events - they should have triggered
                          I am doing remoted in to my PC from Florida
                          Let me check again
                          Cheers,
                          Bob

Comment

Hmm I changed the call to trigger events - they should have triggered
                            I am doing remoted in to my PC from Florida
                            Let me check again
                            Welcome to Florida! Where about? I'm about a 1 hour south of Orlando and 2 east of Tampa

I'll restart everything just to be sure. Maybe because it's a "status only" device? I doubt that's it.

Comment

Try 2.0.125

I am in Port Charlotte
                              Cheers,
                              Bob

Comment

Working...
                              X