Samsung TV wrong remote buttons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung TV wrong remote buttons

My Samsung TV does not respond correctly to some of the remote buttons created by Media Controller.
    Specificially the source selectors (HDMI1, HDMI2, HDMI3, HDMI4), which triggers another function on the TV. Eg. HDMI3 triggers "Sports Mode".

Does it mean my TV does not support direct source changes, or could i manipulate this through the .ini file in some way?

Thanks

Originally posted by aeklo View Post
    My Samsung TV does not respond correctly to some of the remote buttons created by Media Controller.
    Specificially the source selectors (HDMI1, HDMI2, HDMI3, HDMI4), which triggers another function on the TV. Eg. HDMI3 triggers "Sports Mode".

Does it mean my TV does not support direct source changes, or could i manipulate this through the .ini file in some way?

Thanks
    Check up on the help file.

Each button that is created has a "value". You can change that value through regular HS functions. The value corresponds to a "command sequence" found in the remotecontroller ini file. You can change either of them and experiment until it is right.

Dirk

Comment

Originally posted by dcorsus View Post
      Check up on the help file.

Each button that is created has a "value". You can change that value through regular HS functions. The value corresponds to a "command sequence" found in the remotecontroller ini file. You can change either of them and experiment until it is right.

Dirk

I read the help file already.
      So, what you're saying, is that I have to try finding another function (e.g. Sports Mode) that might trigger HDMI2 etc.?
      Was just wondering if there was another way of correcting the commands in the ini file, but I guess they are hard coded in the plugin?
      Will give it a try :-)
      Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by aeklo View Post
        I read the help file already.
        So, what you're saying, is that I have to try finding another function (e.g. Sports Mode) that might trigger HDMI2 etc.?
        Was just wondering if there was another way of correcting the commands in the ini file, but I guess they are hard coded in the plugin?
        Will give it a try :-)
        Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Samsung doesn't have a "publish" implementation where you can retrieve it from the TV what the mapping are (unlike Sony or Roku). Therefore they are hard coded and based on what you I could find on-line when I was googling for it. And yes you will have to experiment to see how Samsung mapped your TV (it is beyond me why that isn't consistent across models).

Dirk

Comment

Working...
        X