Plugin to monitor Z-Wave battery device Health - CLOSED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SteveMSJ View Post
    This looks different in that it is picking up one device. Set the LogLevel to 2 and report back with what SDJ-Health log entries you get after node 2 next wakes up.

Steve
    Here's the info from the log.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Thickman View Post
      Here's the info from the log.
      OK. Node 2 appears to be an Ecolink sensor. I'm not familiar with these but presumably there is a root device and a number of child devices. If you have them all displayed in 'Device Manager' are they all shown grouped together correctly? If you click on the root device and go to the 'Advanced' tab, what does it say near the bottom for 'Relationship Status?

Steve

Comment

OK. Node 2 appears to be an Ecolink sensor. I'm not familiar with these but presumably there is a root device and a number of child devices. If you have them all displayed in 'Device Manager' are they all shown grouped together correctly? If you click on the root device and go to the 'Advanced' tab, what does it say near the bottom for 'Relationship Status?

Steve
        Here is how they show up in the device manager, all show up as a "child". Under 'Advanced' all show as 'child' in the 'Relationship Status'.
        Attached Files

Comment

Here is how they show up in the device manager, all show up as a "child". Under 'Advanced' all show as 'child' in the 'Relationship Status'.
          There should be a parent device, perhaps it's hidden. If you go to 'Plugins>Z-Wave>Node Information' what is listed for Node 2? The root device should be listed first, followed by manufacturer details etc with the child devices listed at the bottom. Click to open the Parent Device, alongside 'Full Name', and then have a look at the advanced tab for that device.

Steve

Comment

There should be a parent device, perhaps it's hidden. If you go to 'Plugins>Z-Wave>Node Information' what is listed for Node 2? The root device should be listed first, followed by manufacturer details etc with the child devices listed at the bottom. Click to open the Parent Device, alongside 'Full Name', and then have a look at the advanced tab for that device.

Steve
            Looks like 'Relationship Status' is 'Standalone'.
            Attached Files

Comment

Looks like 'Relationship Status' is 'Standalone'.
              That is the reason the plugin doesn't pick it up. There appears to be a bug in HS3 which sets some Root devices to Standalone. I first observed this with my StellaZ radiator valves but have recently noticed it with some others as well.
              Whilst I could, I don't want to automatically change the status to root because it could possibly affect other plugins. I've decided the best thing to do is to add a work around in the plugin to pick up these rogue Standalone devices that are actually roots.
              I will post an updated version, probably tomorrow, that should pick up your node 2 and other similar devices.

Steve

Comment

That is the reason the plugin doesn't pick it up. There appears to be a bug in HS3 which sets some Root devices to Standalone. I first observed this with my StellaZ radiator valves but have recently noticed it with some others as well.
                Whilst I could, I don't want to automatically change the status to root because it could possibly affect other plugins. I've decided the best thing to do is to add a work around in the plugin to pick up these rogue Standalone devices that are actually roots.
                I will post an updated version, probably tomorrow, that should pick up your node 2 and other similar devices.

Steve
                Great!! Thanks Steve.

Comment

Hi Steve, would it be possible to add an option to only alert after x number of missed wakeup events? I have a bunchof FortrezZ water sensors that seem to miss wakeup intervals on a regular basis, so I'd prefer to be notified only after 2 or 3 missed events in a row, rather than just being late on a single one.

Thanks
                  Al
                  HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                  Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

I'm interested

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Kerat View Post
                      I'm interested
                      It has been posted already: https://forums.homeseer.com/showpost...98&postcount=7

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
                        Hi Steve, would it be possible to add an option to only alert after x number of missed wakeup events? I have a bunchof FortrezZ water sensors that seem to miss wakeup intervals on a regular basis, so I'd prefer to be notified only after 2 or 3 missed events in a row, rather than just being late on a single one.

Thanks

Al

Hi Al
                        I'm building this feature into the next version.
                        Steve

Comment

Hi Al
                          I'm building this feature into the next version.
                          Steve
                          Thanks Steve!

Comment

I've updated post #7 in this thread with a new BETA version of the plugin.

The main changes are:

Parent devices that have the relationship status incorrectly set to 'Standalone' by HS3, are now picked up and monitored. You can force then to Parent_Root, by setting the ForceBackToRoot parameter, but this is no longer necessary and it might affect things I am unaware of.

There is a new parameter added called MissedWakeFactor. This is zero by default in which case the plugin behaves as previously with the device reported as 'Missed Wakeup' when the time since last wakeup exceeds the 'Last Sleep Period' by the value of the OverRun parameter.
                            Setting this to greater than 0 adds that many 'Last Sleep Periods' to the time elapsed before reported as 'Missed Wakeup'. For example if you have devices that tend to miss sending the odd wakeup alert then setting this factor to 1 would allow one missed wakeup plus the 'OverRun' time to elapse before reporting.
                            If you use a factor greater than 0 then you would tend to combine that with a relatively short OverRun value.

I welcome any comments.

Steve

Comment

Great!! Thanks Steve.
                              The new version in post #7 of this thread should cure the issue with your node 2 not being monitored.

Let me know if it works.

Steve

Comment

The new version in post #7 of this thread should cure the issue with your node 2 not being monitored.

Let me know if it works.

Steve
                                So far nothing for Node 2, should it have fired once Node 2 updated?
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X