X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2.0.4 - what's coming

Two things are coming for 2.0.4 right now:

First, there's the WAPSeer configurator. This allows you to change all WAPSeer's settings in WAPSeer.ini over the web. No more need to open it using a text editor! Everything's explained nicely in the form and well-formatted. This is too complex for phones so it'll need to be opened from a DESKTOP's browser. I can't say whether or not it works on a PDA yet; my IPaq's battery is dead (it's ancient, and rather than replace the battery I'm going to wait and buy a new unit when PPC 2003 hits the streets) so I won't know till it's recharged. I'll probably get it running for PDAs before release though.

Second, I'm making some changes to the Event List view. Right now it's just a cluster of paginated events, and it's REALLY annoying me. I'm going to refine this part of the interface so that you can browse to an event group, then see the events in it (paginated if necessary). I'm sure some of you are tired of having to go 5 pages deep for events; I know I am.

If you'd like to test-drive the configurator, download the attached and unzip to your HTML directory. Browse to WSConfig.ash from your desktop (if you'd like to try your PDA you're more than welcome, but results are not guaranteed yet). Feedback is welcome, of course.

Shooting for mid-week for release of these changes, but your mileage may vary.

Justin

For PocketPC, Palm, and cell phone control:
    http://wapseer.carrotpatch.net/
    Got WAP?
    Attached Files

Justin,
    This is a great script. After testing it for a few days, I am more than happy to give you my $24.95 (US).

One question, will there be an option to remove some of the default main menu links? It would be nice if I could pare that down to just the links I use.

Thanks.

Comment

I second that. For example hsphone, if you don't have it you obviously don't need the link.

I tried the new Configuration asp. Pretty cool. I noticed something, not sure if it is supposed to do this or not. I added two links under the main menu on seperate lines. They ended up on the same line in IE6. I had to insert a <br> in the first one to seperate them. Not sure if it is supposed to act like this or not. Just an FYI

-Shane

[This message was edited by Shane on Mon, 16 June 2003 at 12:28 AM.]

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>
        This is a great script. After testing it for a few days, I am more than happy to give you my $24.95 (US).
        <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
        Thanks. I appreciate that!
        One question, will there be an option to remove some of the default main menu links? It would be nice if I could pare that down to just the links I use.
        <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
        You and Shane make a great point. Maybe you don't have HS Phone, your device doesn't support colors, or you don't care about events or the log view or whatever. It's a good layer of additional flexibility I'll be happy to add. Consider it done for 2.0.4 or at latest 2.0.5 (I may want to do these changes incrementally).
        I noticed something, not sure if it is sopposed to do this or not. I added two links under the main menu on seperate lines. They ended up on the same line in IE6. I had to insert a &lt;br&gt; in the first one to seperate them. Not sure if it is supposed to act like this or not.
        <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
        Shane, yes, it's supposed to act this way. This would (hypotheticallY) allow you to put more than one extra link in each EXT= entry. (For instance, you could &lt;a href="blah"&gt;Blah&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;a href="ick"&gt;Ick&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br&gt; all on a single EXTx= entry and have it show up as two links on two lines in the browser. This gives you basically unlimited extra links.

By the way, Compose hasn't fallen off; it's still on the to-do. 2.0.5 - with a caveat. There's no call for getting the names associated with each scene code, so you'll have to select your scenes based on code. Good enough?

Justin

Got WAP?

Comment

What do you mean by code? If you mean scene "A" or scene "B" then yes that should be fine. If by code you mean preset dim, that wouldn't be as helpful.

Thanks,
          -Shane

Comment

I mean Scene A, Scene B, so on and so forth. Like I said, the Compose plugin doesn't provide a way to get the "friendly" names for each of those back from it.

This may make 2.0.4, depending on how the week goes (so far it's going pretty well). I already just finished the ability to show/hide the links on the main menu and added it to the Configurator page. I will DEFINITELY require your beta testing services again once I have this ready

Justin

Got WAP?

Comment

Sound great. I look forward to trying it.

-Shane

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Shane:
                Sound great. I look forward to trying it.

-Shane<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey Shane are you in Nashville too?
                --Lee III

Comment

Yep, actually just south of Nashville in Spring Hill. Where do you live? You can email me offlist @ lshanepowers@yahoo.com.

-Shane

Comment

Working...
                  X