www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > Security Systems Plug-ins > Security System Discussion > HAI Panel for HS3 Plug-in (rmasonjr)

HAI Panel for HS3 Plug-in (rmasonjr) Discussion about Rob Mason's HAI Panel Plug-in

Old April 20th, 2017, 07:02 PM
Seer

HAI Thermostats displaying in Celsius

Hello:

I have a Homeseer S6 connected to (4) HAI Omnistat (Zigbee) Themostats. How do I change the temperature scale from Celsius to Fahrenheit?

I have tried changing the logging to Debug and disabling the Plugin. When I re enable it I get another set of thermostats showing celsius.

I apologize if this hs been addressed elsewhere but I couldn't find that thread.

Thanks in advance. Any help is appreciated.
Old April 21st, 2017, 08:01 AM
OverSeer

The plugin reads the setting for Celsius/Fahrenheit from the panel config. If you have PC Access, you can check your settings from there. If not, I think you can set it with a console.

Sent from my Galaxy S7 Edge using Tapatalk

HS3Pro Running on a Raspberry Pi2 (Raspbian)
61 Z-Wave Nodes, 162 Events, 293 Devices
UPB modules via HAI plugin/panel
Plugins: Z-Wave, BLRF, HAI, HSTouch, weatherXML, EasyTrigger
HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 Joggler
Old April 21st, 2017, 10:03 AM
OverSeer

In PCA it is under miscellaneous settings and location.

Name:  misc-location.jpg
Views: 63
Size:  35.8 KB

On the keypad console:

To configure temperatures from the Installer Setup Menu, press the 5 (Temp) key.

TEMPERATURE DISPLAY

This allows you to choose between Fahrenheit and Celsius temperature format.
TEMPERATURE DISPLAY: 1
1=FAHRENHEIT 2=CELSIUS

Automator
Old April 21st, 2017, 07:31 PM
Seer

HAI Thermostats displaying in Celsius

Thank you both for your response but I didn’t phrase the question properly.
The OmniPro is properly configured and displays all temperature readings in Fahrenheit.

In addition to the 4 thermostats, I also have 2 temperature sensors. It looks like the Plugin changes the display scale as, up to today, the temperature sensors displayrd readings in Fahrenheit but the thermostats display in Celsius.

Now all eight units are showing Celsius readings. Something appears to be changing the way the plugin reads the panel.

I have tried changing the plugin configuration to “Debug” and disabling the plugin but it doesn’t change when I enable it.
Old April 21st, 2017, 09:09 PM
OverSeer

Interesting...
What version is your panel firmware?

Old April 22nd, 2017, 07:22 AM
Seer

This morning I had only 1 thermostat enabled and it was showing Fahrenheit. I went back and it was Celsius. I've tried enabling the individual thermostats, changing the logging config between Debug & Normal.

Right now the Temperature sensors are showing Fahrenheit and the Thermostats are
Celsius. Last night the Temperature sensors were Celsius so they could change when I got back and check.
Old April 22nd, 2017, 07:55 AM
Seer

I think I solved the mystery.

I had changed the name of the "Bedroom Root Device" to "Bedroom Thermostat."

I changed it back to "Bedroom Root Device", enabled the Plugin and it displays properly.

It doesn't answer why the Temperature sensors (included in the Panel device) changed but I'll take what I can get.

I'll report again tomorrow. I guess the panel wasn't able to update the "Root Device(s)."
Old April 22nd, 2017, 10:04 AM
OverSeer

Ok. That is definitely strange. The thermostat id is stored in the root device ped, so it shouldn't matter what the name is.
Report back if it doesn't work.

Old April 23rd, 2017, 10:17 PM
Seer Plus

I upgraded from .22 of the plugin to .24 and now two of my three thermostats are showing in Celsius.

In SnapLink they all show Fahrenheit. The one thermostat that is Fahrenheit has a doppelganger in Celsius. Something weird for sure going one. I have so many HStouch screens with these devices I really hate to start deleting and recreating as I'll have to change so many screens.

Did any of the changes with .24 of the plugin have to do with thermostats?
Old April 24th, 2017, 07:53 AM
OverSeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowsr4eating View Post
I upgraded from .22 of the plugin to .24 and now two of my three thermostats are showing in Celsius.

In SnapLink they all show Fahrenheit. The one thermostat that is Fahrenheit has a doppelganger in Celsius. Something weird for sure going one. I have so many HStouch screens with these devices I really hate to start deleting and recreating as I'll have to change so many screens.

Let me check and get back to you...

Old April 24th, 2017, 01:47 PM
OverSeer

Quote:

I dont see anything that touched temperature formats.
What model of thermostats are you using?
Is it only the temperature or are the setpoints showing in Celsius as well?
Old April 24th, 2017, 02:59 PM
Seer Plus

I have 1 RC-1000 and 2 Omnistat2. All connected serially to the HAI Omnipro II. One of the Omnistat2 units is in F, the other two in C. Temp and setpoints all went to Celsius on the units that changed. Also my extended range temperature module went to Celsius.

I did rename my root thermostat devices for Alex reasons. I did not want to say "root" in the thermostat name. Tonight I'll try simply renaming the thermostats and not remove/add.

The only thing I changed was upgrading the HAI plugin. Odd that only 2 or the 3 changed. The other of thing is I show 4 thermostats in HS3. The one Omnistat2 2 that works has a 2nd entry that is in Celsius.
Old April 24th, 2017, 03:00 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
I have 1 RC-1000 and 2 Omnistat2. All connected serially to the HAI Omnipro II. One of the Omnistat2 units is in F, the other two in C. Temp and setpoints all went to Celsius on the units that changed. Also my extended range temperature module went to Celsius.

I did rename my root thermostat devices for Alex reasons. I did not want to say "root" in the thermostat name. Tonight I'll try simply renaming the thermostats and not remove/add.

The only thing I changed was upgrading the HAI plugin. Odd that only 2 or the 3 changed. The other of thing is I show 4 thermostats in HS3. The one Omnistat2 2 that works has a 2nd entry that is in Celsius.
Thanks - let me trace this through and see what I can find out...
Old April 24th, 2017, 03:31 PM
Seer Plus

I logged in remotely and changed the names of the thermostats and stopped/started the plugin. I then had duplicates of my thermostats and all were in Celsius. I then stopped/started HS3 and all 70+ of my UPB devices and HAI flags are now duplicated. I rebooted the entire system and now I have 3 copies of all of my HAI devices. Of course this broke all of my HStouch screens for anything HAI.

Before I do anything else thought I'd get advice on what to do next. Everything else in HS3 is fine, just the HAI devices (thermostats, UPB, and flags) duplicate on every start of the plugin and thermostats are all in Celsius
Old April 24th, 2017, 03:35 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
I logged in remotely and changed the names of the thermostats and stopped/started the plugin. I then had duplicates of my thermostats and all were in Celsius. I then stopped/started HS3 and all 70+ of my UPB devices and HAI flags are now duplicated. I rebooted the entire system and now I have 3 copies of all of my HAI devices. Of course this broke all of my HStouch screens for anything HAI.

Before I do anything else thought I'd get advice on what to do next. Everything else in HS3 is fine, just the HAI devices (thermostats, UPB, and flags) duplicate on every start of the plugin and thermostats are all in Celsius
Send me your latest HAI.log file - email to robmasonjr67 at yahoo dot com

Restore your backup prior to upgrading the plugin and let me see what I can find out.
Old April 24th, 2017, 07:14 PM
Seer Plus

Rob - we traded emails, but wanted to reply to this thread to capture in case it helps others.

1) I did not backup my HS folder as you clearly tell us to with every update ... I should have

2) The duplicate devices seem to be my problem. The old plugins would have a message would show up on the HAI plugin page something to the effect "plugin is loading refresh this screen in a few minutes". At .23 or .24 that behavior changed. The HAI plugin page shows all of the devices, thermostats, flags, etc, but they show disabled until the plugin initializes. I was enabling them, which caused a 2nd set to get created. Maybe this change in functionality was documented, but I did nto read the relase notes close enough to catch.

3) I "fixed" my celsius problem when I removed the plugin and deleted all of the HAI devices. Probably deleting the thermostats and recreating would have "fixed", but I had to do a clean wipe because of my multiple devices from enabling before the plugin initialized

I have stopped/started the HAI plugin several times and if I wait long enough the devices are all enabled and no duplicates. When I recreated the thermostats they came back in F vs. C

I am now editing my events, HSTocuh screens, unit descriptions, rescanning in Alexa, etc. Will take a few days, then I'll backup!

Hope this helps people to not make the same mistakes as me.
Old April 24th, 2017, 07:29 PM
OverSeer

Sorry you had to do that, Guy
I'm guilty of not backing up myself.
Based on your experience, I can easily prevent the user from toggling the devices until the plugin is complete.

Old April 24th, 2017, 10:17 PM
Seer Plus

Now that I know the new behavior I wait a LONG time to make sure the plugin is initialized, but disabling until the plugin is initialized would be the safest.

No clue why the C vs. F thermostats, but completely deleting and recreating "fixed" ... in case others run into it. Another data point. I did update my Omnipro II FW to 4.0b a long while back, so that alone did not cause the C vs. F issue, but looking at Pete's on how to set Celsius or Fahrenheit in PCAccess that screen has changed with 4.0b. There is no longer a temp scale setting in PCaccess. Mine was already Fahrenheit and this may not be related but I did notice that option is now gone.
Old April 25th, 2017, 10:23 AM
OverSeer

That is very odd that they removed that setting. I am using the temperature format from the HAC object in the SDK and if that is not reliable, then I may need to store the temp format locally - i.e. provide a setting in the plugin to convert or not.

I need to check on this a little more.

Thanks for the info Guy - nothing like an HAI easter egg hunt!
Old April 25th, 2017, 01:02 PM
OverSeer

Here was hesitant a bit to update to the OP2 FW 4.0B.

I do alway update the PCA software when I see a new one.

Curious a bit as what I posted above is with the newest PCA software and FW 4.0B.

Note that I am not writing here that the above mentioned issue is related to this; just that I can see the F/C switch in PCA under miscellaneous settings/location.

Historically Leviton has fat fingered out some old stuff in the upgrading of firmware. IE: pop up cameras with legacy OmniTouch screens was gone for a bit a few firmware revisions back. I did open a support ticket and support person replicated what I saw (didn't see popups either).

Last edited by Pete; April 25th, 2017 at 04:56 PM.