www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > HomeSeer Products & Services > HomeSeer Hardware > Z-NET

Z-NET Discussions about HomeSeer's Z-NET IP-Enabled Z-Wave Interface

Old April 21st, 2017, 05:55 AM
Seer Deluxe

Z net stuck on old IP address

Replaced my router and uses a different network range. Z net won't connect. Using a screen and keyboard when it powers up it says it's IP address is still in old range (192.168.1.25), new router has 192.168.86.x. I've tried logging into it but homeseer / hsthsths3 doesn't seem to work. Any ideas how i can force it to allow the router dhcp to apply?
Old April 21st, 2017, 06:41 AM
Seer Deluxe

OK. I've managed to answer my question, so I'll put the info I gathered from a few places here to help out others.
At some point it appears my Z-net got a static IP address on the device itself (presumably a mis-click in the router settings when assigning it a static IP which should have been reserved in DHCP, NOT stored on the Z-net).

You can connect a keyboard and monitor on HDMI and watch as it logs on. I could see it getting the wrong IP address. Some people have said there is a prompt to press r during this bootup to reset the network settings, but I can't see this, so I let it go to the prompt and logged in.

There are also questions about which logon works. This one worked for me:
homeseer
zneths15
(Thanks to one of RJH's posts for that).

The rest of the info I got here:
https://uk.mathworks.com/help/suppor...id=gn_loc_drop

You can just follow the steps (you can ignore the MathWorks-related bits. If they have something in brackets just type the command from within the brackets.

In short, I edited the interfaces file, changed static to DHCP and removed the 3 lines for the gateway, IP address and subnet mask. Saved, exited and rebooted and I'm back on DHCP and able to pick up an IP address.