Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to setup if cameras are connected to NVR?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have Hikvision cameras and their POE NVR.

The cameras are connected directly to POE ports on the Hikvision NVR, they have different IP subnet assigned by the NVR - 192.168.254.x , which are not accessible since my home subnet is 192.168.1.x

I can only access the cameras directly by going through the NVR's IP

Camera 1 - 192.168.1.10:65001
    Camera 2 - 192.168.1.10:65002
    ... 65003
    ... 65004

In this case, is it possible to setup the cameras in HS3 ?

the URl calls for rstp://x.x.x.x:554/ch1/...... but how do i define port 554 ?

I have asked the same question. Short answer is hstouch does not natively do RTSP. I am still looking for ways to transcode it.

Comment

If you use the Sighthound plugin you can see your cameras with HSTouch as a device. I'm not sure about streaming but snapshots for sure. The only short coming to this is the need for a Sighthound Server which costs. Another option is Blueiris plugin

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by mike2016 View Post
        I have Hikvision cameras and their POE NVR.

The cameras are connected directly to POE ports on the Hikvision NVR, they have different IP subnet assigned by the NVR - 192.168.254.x , which are not accessible since my home subnet is 192.168.1.x

I can only access the cameras directly by going through the NVR's IP

Camera 1 - 192.168.1.10:65001
        Camera 2 - 192.168.1.10:65002
        ... 65003
        ... 65004

In this case, is it possible to setup the cameras in HS3 ?

the URl calls for rstp://x.x.x.x:554/ch1/...... but how do i define port 554 ?

Has anyone found a solution to this yet?

Comment

HSTouch at the current revision level is streaming RTSP.

What HSTouch client are you using?

Using Firefox do the following stuff....bring up a stream and right click the properties, copy the properties to another tab to watch the stream. Then paste the copy and paste here for the stream.
          - Pete

Auto mator
          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
          Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
          HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
          HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

RTSP is there in the later versions, but still far from usable. You have to restart the HSTouch server plugin nightly to maintain. Otherwise the picture just freezes.

Really really hope that HSTouch gets some focus again soon.

Comment

I am trying to integrate an rtsp feed from the Dahau NVR to Imperihome (directly, not through Spud's plugin). Do you know the exact format of the rtsp url that I should enter? For Imperihome it states that user authentication is not supported so I presume I just don't enter it in the string.

From the NVR settings, it states the rtps URL should be

rtsp://<user><pass>@<IP Address>:<Port>/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0

with
              channel:Channel 1-8
              subtype: Code-Stream Type, Mainstream 0, substream 1

What exactly should I enter?

Comment

That is what I have. You have to authenticate though otherwise you won't get a feed.

Comment

What was the rtsp string you used to get it working in HStouch?

Comment

Can you do an mjpeg or jpeg capture of the stream?

Start by testing inside of your network with HSTouch.

As Wayne has mentioned there are problems with the RTSP streaming stuff in HSTouch.

What HS touch client are you using? Windows, iOS or Android?

I personally have downgraded my HSTouch windows clients to V.32 and V.36 and just using jpg snapshots or VLC in a window streaming.

You can test RTSP streaming on your client by running VLC and command line you mentioned above. It should work this way.

To configure RTSP streaming with HSTouch do the following:

1 - Test the RTSP command line in VLC. See picture #0. If this doesn't work you cannot proceed to step #2.
                    VLC is available for Windows, Linux and Android. Not sure on iOS. Test the command line RTSP stuff on your Homeseer server and the client running VLC.
                    2 - Go to your HSTouch server configuration and manually add an RTSP stream as you see in the attached picture #1
                    3 - Create a new design in HSDesigner. Put the proxy hxxp as seen in the picture below as you RTSP camera. Upload the new design to your client.
                    You should see the RTSP stream as you do in step #1. Also test the client running on your HS server.

Readers - if I have skipped a step here please let me know and I will edit the above. The test below is a direct RTSP connection to one IP HD camera.

For the above mentioned RTSP NVR connection you would test VLC with:

rtsp://<user><pass>@<IP Address>:<Port>/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0

in the network URL:

For my Zoneminder box I capture using RTSP and stream using MJPG. IE: such that my stream is this:

1 - In Zoneminder the source path is configured as: rtsp://<IP Address>/4?tcp
                    2 - In Homeseer touch client the video is configured as: hxxp://<IP Address>/zm/cgi-bin/nph-zms?mode=jpeg&scale=100&maxfps=5&buffer=1000&monitor=9 (I just drop the html in the video box and do not need to use the HS touch configuration).
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Pete; May 30, 2016, 10:46 AM.
                    - Pete

Auto mator
                    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

I was hoping to get it working in Imperihome. The RTSP streams work fine in other android programs (The one supplied by Dahua ie gdmss and a third party one: RTSP Player which supports authentication).

The RTSP url that works for me is

rtsp://<user>:<password>/192.168.x.xxx:554/cam/realmonitor?channel=4&subtype=1

where channel is from 1-8 and subtype 1 is the substream (lower bandwidth) and 0 is the main

It would be nice to integrate IP cam viewing into the one app but I can wait until Imperihome supports it. I have tried HSTouch but I just don't have the time to mess with it.

Comment

Just use the above RTSP link for your Homeseer touch server configuration and insert the proxy IP in HSDesigner. It should work fine.

Homeseer allows for the most flexibility relating to touch design. Personally here run IPSec VPN on the HSTouch tabletop to connect from outside of the home.

Here do not utilize Imperihome.

Note for streaming HD on the internet you do need a big uploading pipe. Test it. Open up the RTSP stream on your firewall. Tether your phone to a laptop or android tablet and using VLC to stream your IP camera.

It might be easier if you can do mjpg or jpg from the NVR streams. Can you do a single jpg capture from the NVR or an mjpg streaming capture from the NVR?
                        - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Mike

For my Hikvision NVR I use.

http://user: password@xxx/ISAPI/Streaming/channels/101/picture

101 = Camera one, stream 1.
                          201 = Camera two etc.

xxx IP is the NVR IP.

Comment

I use hikvision poe cams. Just finally found what I was missing for hsTouch to see them as video
                            this string works. You have to turn on access in the NVR for this to work
                            The :6500X added as a port in the string is the port number. Mine has 8 channels so it could be from 1 to 8.
                            The user and password is the one your camera has, not the NVR.

http://"user":"password"@192.168.1.8:65001/ISAPI/Streaming/channels/102/picture

Hope this works for you.

Comment

Working...
                            X