No announcement yet.

Remote Desktop - Let go my Audio!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It turns out that this was the root cause of me never being able to get the way2call fully working. When playing with this, several months ago, trying to figure out why it sometimes worked and sometimes didn't, I finally came to the realization that it was only working while I was remoted into the HS machine. And the moment I would disconnect it would stop working. Not knowing how to resolve this, and being tired of dealing with it in general, I disconnected it and put it away for awhile.

Now, several months later, (and a few days off work) I decided to try and tackle this again. Found this thread, implemented the disconnect bat (windows 8.1) and it continues to work when I leave my remote session!

Although I'm super happy about that, I have to ask... is this just a limitation of the speaker client software? Or is this an issue with windows that can't be resolved in a normal way? Shouldn't this be the type of thing that runs as a windows service, and therefore, be completely independent from users and logins? It seems like the entirety of the HS3 software should be something that runs as a service. Is this on the roadmap?

Comment

Kill RDP in Windows 10?

Anybody know how to kill a remote RDP session on a Windows 10 HS machine so that sounds stay at the server? The olds ones and the 8.1 update no longer work.....

Rob

Comment

Originally posted by outbackrob View Post
        Anybody know how to kill a remote RDP session on a Windows 10 HS machine so that sounds stay at the server? The olds ones and the 8.1 update no longer work.....

Rob
        Hi Rob,

I gave up trying to find a reliable way with RDP and started using VNC instead.

Cheers
        Al
        HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
        Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Working...
        X