Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mwaite View Post
    Hi Bob,

New issue, I hope it's something I'm doing wrong?!

I can't query the thermostat from an event.

Running event called 'Read tstat' produces no error but won't update thermostat changes. I can "Run Then" on the ISY program "tstat:Poll Thermostat" and it will read the thermostat and update HS, but the HS event won't do the same.
    I don't see anything you're doing wrong. There's nothing I intentionally did that should cause the behavior of this to change. I'll look into it.

You should also be able to trigger the ISY program to run the 'then' clause from HomeSeer's device status screen. There should be a button to runthen. If that works then it's something with the action, if it doesn't then it's something with the plug-in's ability to send a runthen command to the ISY.
    --
    Bob Paauwe
    ISYInsteon Plug-in
    http://www.bobsplace.com/ISYInsteon/

Comment

I found creating an ISY program to query the tstats is more efficient. I then have a recurring HS event calling the ISY query program. By the way I have two thermostats.

Best regards,
      -Todd

____________________________________________________________ ________________
      HS2Pro: 2.5.0.81 :: HS3Pro (beta) || Plugins:| SmartHome PowerLinc USB, Global Cache, BLBackup, DooCPU Monitor, DooMotion, BLOutlook, BLIcon, BLOutgoingCalls, OutgoingCalls, ROC-Rnd, HSTouch iPhone, UPS Monitor, DooMenuBar, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, WAF AB8SS, mcsTemperature, VWS, BLChart, RFXCOM, ISY Insteon, iAutomate RFID, iTunes, NetCAM, DSC Security, Nest

Comment

The device action 'run then' is working. I deleted and recreated the event, still won't run the program.

As a test, I created a new program, FAN ON, just to see if I can turn on the fan. When I clicked SAVE on the program, I got the following in HS log:

PHP Code:
        11/20/2009 11:56:43 AM  ISY Insteon ISY internal node  () type is set to unknown.
        11/20/2009 11:56:43 AM  ISY Insteon MAINISY notification invalid device reference for 
        11/20/2009 11:56:43 AM  ISY Insteon MAINISY notification My Programs not (yetmapped to HomeSeer device.
        11/20/2009 11:56:43 AM  ISY Insteon MAINISY notification QueryAll not (yetmapped to HomeSeer device.
        11/20/2009 11:56:43 AM  ISY Insteon MAINISY notification Poll Thermostat not (yetmapped to HomeSeer device.
        11/20/2009 11:56:43 AM  ISY Insteon MAINISY notification FanAuto not (yetmapped to HomeSeer device.
        11/20/2009 11:56:43 AM  ISY Insteon MAINISY notification Fan ON not (yetmapped to HomeSeer device.
        11/20/2009 11:56:43 AM  ISY Insteon MAINISY notification Poll Thermostat not (yetmapped to HomeSeer device.
        11/20/2009 11:56:43 AM  ISY Insteon MAINISY notification QueryAll not (yetmapped to HomeSeer device
        I have to admit I'm a little green on how this is SUPPOSED to work, because I see these not mapped messages a lot (when I resync I get tons, but everything still seems to work.

Same results with the FAN ON test, I can 'run then' from ISY and the fan comes on, and also from the device status, but not from an event.

I don't see the programs listed in device actions in events, I thought I could just have the event 'press' the 'run then' button on the device status. Do you know of a way to trigger the button press via script or event?
        Mike

Comment

Originally posted by tmcgowan View Post
          I found creating an ISY program to query the tstats is more efficient. I then have a recurring HS event calling the ISY query program. By the way I have two thermostats.

Best regards,
          Hi Todd,

That's exactly what I'm trying to do (and had working in my previous setup). I can no longer get an HS event to run an ISY 'run then' program.
          Mike

Comment

The device action 'run then' is working. I deleted and recreated the event, still won't run the program.

I have to admit I'm a little green on how this is SUPPOSED to work, because I see these not mapped messages a lot (when I resync I get tons, but everything still seems to work.
            I'm not sure what generated the first couple of messages but it looks like the ISY sent something that doesn't have information in the message that I expect to always be there.

The not (yet) mapped messages are common when the plug-in is re-synchronizing with the ISY. I left those in there so that you can see what the plug-in received from the ISY. They are not errors.

Same results with the FAN ON test, I can 'run then' from ISY and the fan comes on, and also from the device status, but not from an event.

I don't see the programs listed in device actions in events, I thought I could just have the event 'press' the 'run then' button on the device status. Do you know of a way to trigger the button press via script or event?
            If I understand correctly, you're saying you don't see any programs listed in the standard device actions (but you do see them listed under ISY Program actions). The standard device action list can't be customized by the plug-in (as far as I know) so all the plug-in controlled devices should be managed by the plug-in specific actions.

It sounds like I broke something in the actions. I'll look at it tonight and let you know what I find.

Oh, and you should be able to create a script that runs the command. The plug-in does have a public API that can be called from scripts the same way that the thermostat API works.

RunProgram(<program id>, <command>)

where program_id is a string representation of the program ID and command is one of "runif", "runthen", "runelse", "enable", "disable".

But really, the actions need to work, so fixing that is priority #1.
            --
            Bob Paauwe
            ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

Originally posted by bpwwer View Post
              If I understand correctly, you're saying you don't see any programs listed in the standard device actions (but you do see them listed under ISY Program actions).
              Yes that's correct.

I'm trying the scripting but getting no response. Can you tell me if I'm doing this right?:

PHP Code:
              Dim ISYplug As Object
              ISYplug 
              hs.plugin("ISY Insteon")
              ISYplug.RunProgram("tstat:Fan ON""runthen")  << trying to run program
              ISYplug
              .ControlDevice("0F.B6.5B""DON"255)   << trying to turn on light 

Here's the result of executing this script (verbose debug):

PHP Code:
              11/20/2009 2:50:25 PM  Event Event Trigger "Read tstat script"
              11/20/2009 2:50:25 PM  Event Running script in backgroundtstat read script.vb
              /20/2009 2:50:25 PM  ISY Insteon MAINin ActionUIFormat ISY Insteon-runthen3
              /20/2009 2:50:25 PM  ISY Insteon MAINActionFormatISY Insteon
              /20/2009 2:50:25 PM  ISY Insteon MAINActionFormat: -
              11/20/2009 2:50:25 PM  ISY Insteon MAINActionFormatrunthen
              /20/2009 2:50:25 PM  ISY Insteon MAINActionFormat3
              /20/2009 2:50:25 PM  ISY Insteon MAIN: Return: <b>tstat Poll Thermostat:</b><br>Send runthen: <br>
              11/20/2009 2:50:25 PM  ISY Insteon MAINin ActionUIFormat ISY Insteon-runelse5
              /20/2009 2:50:25 PM  ISY Insteon MAINActionFormatISY Insteon
              /20/2009 2:50:25 PM  ISY Insteon MAINActionFormat: -
              11/20/2009 2:50:25 PM  ISY Insteon MAINActionFormatrunelse
              /20/2009 2:50:25 PM  ISY Insteon MAINActionFormat5
              /20/2009 2:50:25 PM  ISY Insteon MAIN: Return: <b>tstat Fan ON:</b><br>Send runelse: <br

Update: I'm executing program "tstat:Fan ON", but in the log I see references to the program "tstat:Poll Thermostat". I've re-ran and re-checked, same logs produced. Something cross-linked?
              Last edited by mwaite; November 20, 2009, 06:03 PM. Reason: update
              Mike

Comment

Yes that's correct.

I'm trying the scripting but getting no response. Can you tell me if I'm doing this right?:

PHP Code:
                Dim ISYplug As Object
                ISYplug 
                hs.plugin("ISY Insteon")
                ISYplug.RunProgram("tstat:Fan ON""runthen")  << trying to run program
                ISYplug
                .ControlDevice("0F.B6.5B""DON"255)   << trying to turn on light 
                I'm not sure the ControlDevice call will work. It should either be the ISY's representation of the address or the name. You can see the ISY representation on the plug-in's configuration screen, in the address column. The RunProgram() can also use program ID (I'm guessing it might be "3" based on what you've posted). Do you have location parsing enabled, using the ":"? I think the name matching will only match on the actual name portion so try "Fan ON" if that's the case. Using the address/id value is preferred, because the name is not guaranteed to be unique.

Neither call generates an error if the id information is incorrect. However, that would make a good enhancement, I'll add it to the list.

Regarding the log info, that's not output from the call. ActionFormat is a function that HomeSeer calls to get a human readable representation of the action. It looks like you have two events with ISY actions so HomeSeer is calling it for each just to update the web page. This happens every time it thinks it needs to update the web page.
                --
                Bob Paauwe
                ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

Bob, first of all I want to thank you for your rapid and persistent support! It's really a pleasure working with someone like you.

I had based the previous script example on the ISY Insteon API documentation. For example, the ControlDevice command states 'For Insteon devices, this will be the Insteon address'.

I've made your changes and am now able to query the thermostat via script! So I'm good for the time being now that there is a workaround!
                  Mike

Comment

Bob, first of all I want to thank you for your rapid and persistent support! It's really a pleasure working with someone like you.

I had based the previous script example on the ISY Insteon API documentation. For example, the ControlDevice command states 'For Insteon devices, this will be the Insteon address'.

I've made your changes and am now able to query the thermostat via script! So I'm good for the time being now that there is a workaround!
                    Thanks Mike!

There was a bug introduced in the program action code when I added the new thermostat actions. It is now fixed and a new version available. Thanks so much for catching that and helping to track it down.
                    --
                    Bob Paauwe
                    ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

Thanks Bob! I tried it out and it works like a charm!!
                      Mike

Comment

Hey Bob,

I Installed the 1.0.1.4 zip at the begining of this thread, however the version data still reads as 1.0.1.3. I noticed that there was no 1.0.1.3 release. is this just a mistake on naming the file?

Michael
                        Attached Files

Comment

Yeah, It's just me forgetting to update the version string. If you look at the .dll file properties it should show 1.0.1.4.

Thanks for catching that!

Bob

Originally posted by mbrett View Post
                          Hey Bob,

I Installed the 1.0.1.4 zip at the begining of this thread, however the version data still reads as 1.0.1.3. I noticed that there was no 1.0.1.3 release. is this just a mistake on naming the file?

Michael
                          --
                          Bob Paauwe
                          ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

I got my ISY-99i last night. Is there a trial version for the plug-in?

Comment

Originally posted by RickL66 View Post
                              I got my ISY-99i last night. Is there a trial version for the plug-in?
                              Yes, It is suppose to work for 30 days in trial mode. If it doesn't, let me know and I'll work with HomeSeer to get it fixed.
                              --
                              Bob Paauwe
                              ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

Originally posted by bpwwer View Post
                                Yes, It is suppose to work for 30 days in trial mode. If it doesn't, let me know and I'll work with HomeSeer to get it fixed.
                                I got it installed, and working. I'll try it out, thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X