Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stevea View Post
    All,

I'm working with Pete on why he's not getting any alerts, but assuming he and I can work through that, Ed and I will be finalizing v2.11 soon. I haven't seen many issues or suggestions here for a while. Short of any last-minute ideas from the crowd, the new version is likely to only have the new Google Map image added. If anyone has any issues, now is the time to bring it up.

Steve
    Hiding unused devices? (Sorry, just had to get my nag in for tonight )

Keep up the awesome work guys!!
    Steve

(System configuration is in my profile)

Comment

Originally posted by spknapp View Post
      Hiding unused devices? (Sorry, just had to get my nag in for tonight )

Keep up the awesome work guys!!
      Yikes! I completely forgot. Ok, let me look into it. So the idea is that if you've designated device codes for an alert but there is no active alert, the devices would be hidden, right?

Sorry for forgetting about this!

Steve
      Last edited by stevea; July 14, 2011, 11:30 PM.

Comment

Ok, hiding devices was easy enough. The software change was the easy part. I couldn't figure out why it wasn't working. Having never hidden devices, I didn't know about the "Hide Marked" button, so all my devices were showing even when they were "Hidden".

Anyway, there's now an option on the config page to hide devices when there is no active alert in them.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by stevea View Post
          Ok, hiding devices was easy enough. The software change was the easy part. I couldn't figure out why it wasn't working. Having never hidden devices, I didn't know about the "Hide Marked" button, so all my devices were showing even when they were "Hidden".

Anyway, there's now an option on the config page to hide devices when there is no active alert in them.

Steve
          You guys are awesome! I Can't wait to try it out!

Thanks
          Steve

(System configuration is in my profile)

Comment

v2.11 posted

The first message in the library thread (http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=147339) has been updated with v2.11. Changes in v2.11:
            • Added the option to enable the creation of static Google maps when the alert info includes a polygon of the affected area. (See the sample at the top of this thread) This can be useful, because the polygon will be more accurate than just the county boundaries.
            • A "Map" device has been added, and the above described Google map will be placed into the device string of that device if it is chosen.
            • The map associated with an alert (if there is one) will also be shown on the alerts page.
            • Added the option to hide the devices for an alert if there is no active alert in that slot. NOTE: You have to choose the "Hide Marked" button on the HS status page for the devices to actually be hidden.
            • There is now an additional filter option, to ignore alerts of a given severity or lower. This will allow you to ignore alerts that are (for example) "Minor" severity.
            • Any extra spaces that are specified in the States or Counties fields are stripped to prevent errors.
            This version has changes in my components as well as in Ed's. Please post any issues or comments on the package here in this thread. Thanks!

Steve

Comment

webpage doc

Could I get just a copy of the PDF?
              For some reason, the doc cuts off on page 4 just below detail of the Google Maps option and just as 'Events' is being explained.

The VB and Web page work great. It's just that I'm missing some of the Web page doc.
              Thanks guys

Comment

Jay,

That's strange. There are actually two PDFs. One goes with the main SnevlWW, and one with tenholde's page to display the alerts. Are both broken?

Could you check to see if the files are in html\SnevlWeatherWarnings\docs? If so

I'm pretty sure you are talking about the main SnevlWW PDF, so I'm attaching it here. Let me know if the files are where they should be.

Steve
                Attached Files

Comment

It's just tenholdes WWW. Tried to be clear. Sorry.
                  Again. Everything works perfectly.

Comment

Attached is the web page documentation.

Should be the same as what was installed.

It should consist of four pages.

Please let me know how this differs from what was installed so I can figure out what might be going wrong with your installation.

Thanks,

tenholde
                    Last edited by tenholde; April 27, 2014, 04:45 PM.
                    tenholde

Comment

Originally posted by jay View Post
                      It's just tenholdes WWW. Tried to be clear. Sorry.
                      Again. Everything works perfectly.
                      Thanks. I don't think you answered the most important question: Are the files in the directory whole, or did they somehow get cut off? That was the main thing I was asking.

Steve

Comment

The file is cut off. So is the one you made available to me separately.

Just below "Events".
                        Attached Files

Comment

Jay,

That isn't cut off, it's the actual end of the document. Ed is showing a screen snapshot of my configuration window, and is stating you need to check the box as shown. The events section of my configuration page is not germane to the feature he's describing.

If you are wanting to understand the use of the events section of the config editor, you'll need to read the other PDF.

So, I think you have the full docs.

Steve

Comment

LOL! I didn't realize that entire area was a screen grab.
                            I should have.
                            Sorry!

Comment

Originally posted by jay View Post
                              LOL! I didn't realize that entire area was a screen grab.
                              I should have.
                              Sorry!
                              No worries Jay!

Glad the mystery is solved.

Steve

Comment

This just started appearing in the log...

7/30/2011 6:47:29 AM Error SnevlWeatherWarnings failed to retrieve XML from NWS 3 consecutive times.

I don't remember seeing it before.

Anyone else or just me?

Comment

Working...
                                X