No announcement yet.

Snevl_WW Weather Warnings discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like I posted above, some just doesn't jive here, Device status does change on new alert's
    old ones don't go away, this started on the last update to Snevl_WW.
    Today I have no alerts but yet status page shows alerts with different dates?
    Attached Files
    -Mike-

-Home automation powered by the wind and sun-
    Zotac 9300g-Q9400s-4gb ram-Intel 120 SSD-MS XP
    HS 2.5.0.20, BLlan,BLweather,MCSXap,Jon00 graphing,Jon00 Whois,Snevl/Ten WeatherAlerts
    W2c,Ztroller,z-wave+18,Q100D's,Silex 3000gb
    Zoneminder 1.24.2 - Ubuntu 11.04 x64 on top of Xenserve
    Zoneminder 1.24.2 - Ubuntu 11.04 x64 Zotac D525 atom

Comment

Originally posted by zap View Post
      Like I posted above, some just doesn't jive here, Device status does change on new alert's
      old ones don't go away, this started on the last update to Snevl_WW.
      Today I have no alerts but yet status page shows alerts with different dates?
      Mike,

Sorry about that. After being away for two weeks I didn't see your issue posted.

I'm not sure what would be doing that. Can you send me the INI file for Snevl_WW? Email it to snevl at msn dot com. I'll look at the code, but I don't think I've done anything that would change how they cleared out. It looks to me like the alert itself is cleared out, but the devices are not.

Steve

Comment

you have mail, thanks for looking.
        -Mike-

HS 2.5.0.20, BLlan,BLweather,MCSXap,Jon00 graphing,Jon00 Whois,Snevl/Ten WeatherAlerts

Comment

BTW folks are writing about "hacking" the HP WebOS to something else; Its so new that no one has done it yet though. You would most likely have to root the device to get it to run anything else. Dual core CPU. The Joggler at 1.2Ghz Atom runs Android very quickly; not a tablet; but nice capacitance screen.

Same here Steve; here's the current page showing an alert from the 14th. Its almost as if its showing new old alerts; IE: like something triggered it and the old alert is hanging on. Something did change though; cuz I had to "trim" down the number of alerts on the older versions (IE: made mention that they were driving my wife nuts).
          Attached Files
          - Pete

Auto mator
          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
          Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
          HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
          HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

I'm pretty sure I know what Zap's problem is, but it may not be related to Pete's. Zap's INI (thanks for the email) indicates he has set the "Hide Devices When No Alert" checked, indicating that he wants the devices hidden when there is no alert. However, as mentioned in the manual, the "hidden" devices won't actually hide until the "Hide Marked" button is pushed on the Homeseer status page.

I made the decistion in the code to EITHER hide the devices or clear out the text in them. Since I am assuming they will be hidden, I don't clear the text out of them. I guess I could go ahead and clear them anyway.

So the bottom line is, either "Hide Marked" on the status page or turn off the "Hide devices when no alerts".

Steve

Comment

Thanks Stevea, yes that was the problem, Hmmm, it does pay to read the manuals now and then.
              -Mike-

Comment

I really didn't notice the past variables until my HSTouch screens kept getting triggered to show the alert; and today for example the "new" alert triggered the HSTouch screens such that it would show the alert from the 14th today (rip current). Thats when I went to looking at the status pages of WW.

None the less; just brought down HS, removed all of the pieces of WW. Installing it from scratch; using "X" instead of "P"; just for the sake of it.
                - Pete

Auto mator
                Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

OK...

So did as explained; removing all pieces of WW. Booted HS. Running well. Shut down HS. Installed WW from scratch. Booted HS up again. I haven't configured WW yet.

Configured WW. Set up to run every 15 minutes as before.
                  - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

I added the test event yesterday and noticed an odd occurance. If I did a clip and paste for the options on the event; it would error out with an out of range VB script error. I tried about 5 times or so. I then manually just typed the optional test piece and it worked fine afterwards.

8/20/2011 12:36:11 PM Error 3 Running script SnevlWeatherWarnings.vb :method not found
                    8/20/2011 12:37:46 PM Event Running script and waiting: SnevlWeatherWarnings.vb("main","Tornado warning")
                    8/20/2011 12:37:46 PM Error 3 Running script SnevlWeatherWarnings.vb :method not found
                    8/20/2011 12:38:10 PM Event Running script and waiting: SnevlWeatherWarnings.vb("main","Tornado warning")
                    8/20/2011 12:38:10 PM Error 3 Running script SnevlWeatherWarnings.vb :method not found
                    8/20/2011 12:39:18 PM Event Running script and waiting: SnevlWeatherWarnings.vb("main","Tornado warning")
                    8/20/2011 12:39:18 PM Error 3 Running script SnevlWeatherWarnings.vb :method not found
                    8/20/2011 12:40:42 PM Event Running script and waiting: SnevlWeatherWarnings.vb("Main","Tornado Warning")
                    8/20/2011 12:40:42 PM Device Control Command sent to Snevl Warnings Alert 1 Warning: X3 On Dimval: 0 Data: 0
                    8/20/2011 12:40:42 PM Device Control Command sent to Snevl Warnings Alert 1 Warning Type: X1 On Dimval: 0 Data: 0
                    8/20/2011 12:40:43 PM Event Event Trigger "New Alert"
                    8/20/2011 12:41:52 PM Event Event Trigger "Test Snevl_WW Alert"
                    8/20/2011 12:41:52 PM Event Running script and waiting: SnevlWeatherWarnings.vb("Main","Tornado Warning")
                    8/20/2011 12:41:52 PM Device Control Command sent to Snevl Warnings Alert 1 Warning: X3 On Dimval: 0 Data: 0
                    8/20/2011 12:41:52 PM Device Control Command sent to Snevl Warnings Alert 1 Warning Type: X1 On Dimval: 0 Data: 0
                    8/20/2011 12:41:54 PM Event Event Trigger "New Alert"
                    8/20/2011 12:43:30 PM Event Event Trigger "Test Snevl_WW Alert"
                    Initially I put the following in for the Wave file:

C:\Program Files\Homeseer 2\WAV\ww.wav
                    It did not work. But when I put in:

C:\Progra~1\Homese~2\WAV\ww.wav
                    It worked fine.

We had a kind of severe thunderstorm yesterday afternoon for about one hour or so with about .92" of rain. Much lightning; lights went out twice.

I looked at the NOAA site and it was just a minor weather warning; and I hadn't put these into WW. I did enter these afterwards. I am pretty much just watching NOAA (as I have another application looking at it) and seeing what happens to WW when it gets the ATOM/CAP files; looking for the real time changes.
                    - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
                      I added the test event yesterday and noticed an odd occurance. If I did a clip and paste for the options on the event; it would error out with an out of range VB script error. I tried about 5 times or so. I then manually just typed the optional test piece and it worked fine afterwards.
                      Pete,
                      The "Main" is case sensitive in VB.NET. It never should have worked with a lowercase "main".
                      Initially I put the following in for the Wave file:
                      That's interesting, because I have the full "Program Files" path for my WAV file and it works fine. Something else must be happening.
                      We had a kind of severe thunderstorm yesterday afternoon for about one hour or so with about .92" of rain. Much lightning; lights went out twice.

I looked at the NOAA site and it was just a minor weather warning; and I hadn't put these into WW. I did enter these afterwards. I am pretty much just watching NOAA (as I have another application looking at it) and seeing what happens to WW when it gets the ATOM/CAP files; looking for the real time changes.
                      Keep an eye on it and let me know. I obviously hope that the reinstall helps, but I'm not sure why it would.

Steve

Comment

By the way, I went ahead and changed the code to clear out the device strings even if the devices are hidden. I should have done it that way all along, since any HSTouch project that uses the warning info will still be accessing the device strings. It's in for the future v2.12, whenever that is. If someone really needs it sooner, let me know via email at snevl at msn dot com and I'll give you the interim version.

Steve

Comment

That's interesting, because I have the full "Program Files" path for my WAV file and it works fine. Something else must be happening.
                          Same thing Steve happened with initial install of the wave file; its posted a few threads back; which didn't make any sense to me either. Not an issue.

The most important is to get the alerts when NOAA is posting them; nothing else really matters too much if that piece doesn't work.
                          - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Help with finding the newest script:

I am needing to clean up some of my weather programs, so I deleted what I have. I went looking for the latest update of snevl weather. Could someone please tell me where to get the latest version.
                            Thanks you in advance.
                            danielbo

Comment

Dan,

The latest version is here:

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=147339
                              - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Thank you
                                danielbo

Comment

Working...
                                X