This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feature Requests

Please use this thread to add new feature requests. Thanks in advance for your ideas and suggestions, and for your patience and understanding if a particular feature doesn't make the cut; typically this would only be for large technical challenges - I certainly try to incorporate as much feedback as I can in my plugins.

As we go forward, I will combine and manage threads in this post once I've delivered updates so I can make sure I don't miss anything!
    Last edited by shill; June 26, 2015, 08:31 AM.

From jameswestcott (moved from the Beta thread now that I have this forum):

Just a message to say great plugin and exactly what I'm looking for so thank you. I only have 2 suggestions....

1. The font on the graphs (via the .net function) and shown on hstouch is a bit small for my aged eyes and could do with being about twice the size.

SH: -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    SH: Added the ability to set a minimum font size for the axis text in v 1.0.2.

2. When you relabel the axis the (Y1) or (Y2) in the legend become a bit meaningless and should either not be there at all or allow you to enter your own string.
    Last edited by shill; June 27, 2015, 09:05 AM. Reason: Feature added!

Comment

Just installed and looks like a great plugin thank you.

It is perfect for logging and charting device values.

I was also looking for a way to also log device strings. Is it possible with this plug in or is there some other way without having to compile a script?

Thanks

Will

Originally posted by will40 View Post
      Just installed and looks like a great plugin thank you.

It is perfect for logging and charting device values.

I was also looking for a way to also log device strings. Is it possible with this plug in or is there some other way without having to compile a script?

Thanks

Will
      Originally posted by shill
      It's not currently possible with this plugin, but I think it would be a pretty simple change to capture it, which I'll add in the next release. How would you envision seeing that reported back? Just another column in the table at the bottom of the chart page?
      A separate column on the table would be ideal.

Thank you!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Added the ability to capture and display device strings in v 1.0.2.
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------

Would it be possible to add an option to change the date format to the English format (dd/mm/yy)?

Hmmm, I tried to only use display functions that were locale sensitive. Are you seeing that all over or only just in a specific place?

It's just the graph. The date format in the tables is correct.

All other HS dates and plugin dates seem to be correct (i.e. DD/MM/YYYY).

Thanks, Marty

SH: Fixed in v 1.0.2.

Shill,
      Just wanted to say thanks for sorting the date format on the graphs. I think I'll buy this plugin now.
      Marty
      Last edited by shill; August 13, 2017, 02:26 PM.
      iCore5 Win 10 Pro x64 SSD

HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 Windows

BLOccupied:,Device History:,Yamaha:,UltraMon3:,mcsXap:,Restart:,UltraNetatmo3:, UltraM1G3:,Ultra1Wire3:,BLBackup:,Harmony Hub:,DoorBird:,UltraECM3:,Nanoleaf 3P:,UltraRachio3:,Z-Wave:,SDJ-Health:,BLGarbage:,Blue-Iris:,Chromecast:,Pushover 3P:,EasyTrigger:

Comment

Just installed the PI and testing. Looks a great PI.

The device history chart will only display the text "off" (see attachment). I think it was intended to show also the text "on".

---
        John

Originally posted by John245 View Post

The device history chart will only display the text "off" (see attachment). I think it was intended to show also the text "on".

---
        John
        Can you show me a screenshot of the Status Graphics page for that device?

Can you show me a screenshot of the Status Graphics page for that device?
        Thanks for looking into this issue, The Status Graphics page will show the following:

Originally posted by John245 View Post

---
        John
        FYI, I got this fixed and it will be included in an upcoming release!
        I'm looking forward to it

SH: Fixed in v 1.0.2.

I can confirm that it is fixed (btw I purchased the PI)
        Attached Files
        Last edited by shill; August 13, 2017, 02:27 PM.

Comment

Value differences

It would be great to be able to plot the differences between values rather than the value itself. So if a device logged values of 0, 10, 30, 60, you would plot 10, 20, 30.

SH: Added in 1.2.0
          Last edited by shill; August 13, 2017, 02:27 PM.

Comment

I've been thinking about a similar plugin myself, but I don't think it's necessary to reinvent the wheel.

What I do want though is statistical based triggers for Events. Like this:
            "IF the average devicevalue for device YYY the last hour is lower than ZZZ".

If you already have the database, shouldn't it be fairly easy?

Can you elaborate on the interface that needs to be easier to use?
            Picking devices that should be monitoring seems to be buggy here. The postback takes forever (perhaps the plugin is reloading all devices at postback too?), and the devices doesn't get added properly. I have to use several attempts just to add it.

This is remotely (as in: at work). I'll try it locally aswell.

You're right, it should be doable. I'll look into how to make that happen - my main concern is making sure it's done in a way that doesn't cause performance issues...
            If this is used as a trigger, then it's up to you how often you want to check the trigger.

If it's a condition, then it could potentially fire up to every second, depending on how the event it set up. So yeah, if a user is setting up the an event a little backwards, then it could potentially be a resource hog.

It's all depending on how big the dataset is, how much data is asked for by the trigger/condition and how it's coded (I believe).

But thanks for looking at this.

Last edited by shill; August 13, 2017, 02:30 PM.
            HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
            Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
            on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
            WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

And it doesn't seems to want to log RFXCOM devices.

EDIT: Oh, wait. It does.
              But this interface could be easier to use.

Originally posted by Moskus View Post
              And it doesn't seems to want to log RFXCOM devices.

EDIT: Oh, wait. It does.
              But this interface could be easier to use.
              Can you elaborate on the interface that needs to be easier to use?

Originally posted by Moskus
              Picking devices that should be monitoring seems to be buggy here. The postback takes forever (perhaps the plugin is reloading all devices at postback too?), and the devices doesn't get added properly. I have to use several attempts just to add it.

This is remotely (as in: at work). I'll try it locally aswell.
              SH: Changed the way monitored devices are selected, displayed and removed to avoid limitations and defects in the HomeSeer-provided controls (v 1.0.4).
              Last edited by shill; July 14, 2015, 05:26 PM.
              HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Shill,

Either format (19-JUN or 19/6) would be fine. It's not a major issue but it would be nice to get the date in the correct format. Another way round is to use the YY/MM/DD format. That would work for both systems.

Also:
                What I do want though is statistical based triggers for Events. Like this:
                "IF the average devicevalue for device YYY the last hour is lower than ZZZ".
                I am looking for the same thing. Getting an average value over a fixed period and making decisions (events) based on these values would be fantastic.
                Marty

Last edited by shill; August 13, 2017, 02:28 PM.
                iCore5 Win 10 Pro x64 SSD

HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 Windows

BLOccupied:,Device History:,Yamaha:,UltraMon3:,mcsXap:,Restart:,UltraNetatmo3:, UltraM1G3:,Ultra1Wire3:,BLBackup:,Harmony Hub:,DoorBird:,UltraECM3:,Nanoleaf 3P:,UltraRachio3:,Z-Wave:,SDJ-Health:,BLGarbage:,Blue-Iris:,Chromecast:,Pushover 3P:,EasyTrigger:

Comment

Version 1.0.2 seems better. I only wish I discovered that update yesterday, when I spent almost an hour setting up logging for 17 devices...

However, I like the results so much that I bought the plugin.

I do have a wish though. I've organised all my devices using location and location2 (Rooms and Floors). And I have a temperature sensor in the hallway in the basement, the first floor and the second floor.

Finding which is which si impossible when you're not using dev.location2, so all these temperature sensors are named "Hallway Temperature".

... and not using Location2 ends in device names repeating themselves.

Code:
                  [COLOR=#FF0000]jul-02 10:13:32 [/COLOR]  [COLOR=#FF0000]   [/COLOR]  [COLOR=#FF0000] Error [/COLOR]  [COLOR=#FF0000] Posting back to plugin web page Device_History_Chart: A chart element  with the name 'Gang Temperatur' already exists in the  'SeriesCollection'.-> Server stack trace:    Exception rethrown at [0]:     at  System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage  reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)    at  System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData&  msgData, Int32 type)    at HomeSeerAPI.IPlugInAPI.PostBackProc(String page, String data,  String user, Int32 userRights)    at Scheduler.proxyPage.postBackProc(StateObject& state, String  Data) [/COLOR]
                  SH: ----------------------------------------------------------
                  SH: Added support for both Location and Location 2 (order based on HS settings) (v 1.0.4).
                  Last edited by shill; July 14, 2015, 05:28 PM.

Comment

Version 1.0.2 doesn't seem to read decimal values, only integers!

Take a device like this for example:

... had a rather "jagged" chart suddenly:

... so you can guess where I installed the new version (1.0.2):

I would very much like to have decimal values back!

Hmmm... looking into this one right away!

Originally posted by Moskus View Post
                    Version 1.0.2 doesn't seem to read decimal values, only integers!

Take a device like this for example:
                    <image>

... had a rather "jagged" chart suddenly:
                    <image>

... so you can guess where I installed the new version (1.0.2):
                    <image>

I would very much like to have decimal values back!
                    I just put 1.0.3 up; it should fix this. Sorry about that!

I just put 1.0.3 up; it should fix this. Sorry about that!
                    Great, thanks!

(I still don't understand why HomeSeer has both DeviceValue and DeviceValueEx, where the latter is the one you would always want).

SH: Fixed in v 1.0.3.
                    Last edited by shill; July 14, 2015, 05:27 PM.

Comment

I have a few devices that occasionally report bad values. For example, my house meter occasionally reports a single KW reading in the tens of thousands. This really messes with the graph range. My Insteon thermostat occasionally reports 0 degrees too.

Would it be possible to have optional settings to throw away values that fell outside of a min/max range?

Just curious if others have this issue as well.

Originally posted by mwaite View Post
                      I have a few devices that occasionally report bad values. For example, my house meter occasionally reports a single KW reading in the tens of thousands. This really messes with the graph range. My Insteon thermostat occasionally reports 0 degrees too.

Would it be possible to have optional settings to throw away values that fell outside of a min/max range?

Just curious if others have this issue as well.
                      The changes I just made in 1.0.4 will make it easier to have device-specific settings like this, so I'll look into this in an upcoming release.

SH: Added ability to specify min/max values for each device (v 1.0.5).
                      Last edited by shill; August 29, 2015, 10:57 AM.
                      Mike

Comment

Okay, I'm getting more and more into this plugin. Having the ability to view data over time is fantastic, and as this is (apparently) only storing new ones at device changes, it's much easier to read.

Very good job on that one!

I do have some requests, though...

Consider this example:

I would like:
                        • Having "hours" as an selection for time units, as in "View last three hours" (and perhaps even "minutes").
                        • The option to disable chart header (as it doesn't contribute much), and the text "Y1/2 Values" and "Date/Time" (for the same reason). This will mean bigger charts on the same space.
                        • "Smarter" ("more rounded") choise for tick marks on the Y axis. Knowing where 873,6 is doesn't really make sense, but 800 or 900 would make more sense. I gather that you only get this from the charting control, so you (or we, I can help if you want) might do some calculations for this.

• Added "Show Title" option to Create Chart event action parameters
                        • Added "Show Legend" option to Create Chart event action parameters
                        • Added "Hours" option to Create Chart event action parameters
                        • Changed the way values were graphed for non-range devices to produce a smooth scale.
                        • Changed the way the Y axis scale was created to use discrete values for major and minor tick marks and labels for devices with continuous values.

Fixed in v 1.0.6.
                        Last edited by shill; February 27, 2016, 06:41 PM. Reason: Added resolutions to these requests.

Comment

Feature Request

Is there a way to export the data into excel. That might be a nice feature.

Comment

Hours is already a selection for time units.

I added the ability to disable the chart header in the config options in 1.0.4.

The tick marks drive me crazy, too I've played with some options to try and make that better, but if I fix that, then devices with discrete labels don't work right and vice versa. I'll keep looking into it...
                            I would like to see minutes for time units as well. Could the chart header option "Use Device Name as Chart Title" be applied to Event generated graphs either as a separate option in the event or as a separate general configuration option?

• Added "Show Title" option to Create Chart event action parameters
                            • Changed the way values were graphed for non-range devices to produce a smooth scale.
                            • Changed the way the Y axis scale was created to use discrete values for major and minor tick marks and labels for devices with continuous values.

Fixed in v 1.0.6.
                            Last edited by shill; February 27, 2016, 06:43 PM. Reason: Added resolution to requests.
                            HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Chart counters

Thanks for this long awaited awesome plugin. Very useful for pinpointing problems in my setup.

To make it even more useful support for charting counters would be great.

Comment

Working...
                              X