Moving from SEL to S6 Pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moving from SEL to S6 Pro

I wanted to see if there are any tips I needed to know before making the move.
    My current system is a SEL (standard edition) with a Smart Stick+
    I has 150 events and close to 400 devices, many virtual devices and a few scripts.

My S6 Pro is up and running with a Z-Net interface connected.
    Both systems can read and write to my NAS drives.

Here are my questions:
    Can I back up my SEL's Smart Stick and move the file to the S6 (using the NAS) then restore the network to the S6's Z-Net?

Move the most recent copy of HomeSeerData.hsd over to the S6 along with the *.ini files and config file?

Copy scripts and *.wav and any image files over.

What will happen with timers and counters and virtual devices?

Will all my events be intact?

Will REF ID numbers be preserved?

Many thanks for your help with this. I don't want to start over and enroll all my devices...
    Blair

HomeSeer: HS3 Pro | Blue-Iris 4 on Windows10Pro
    | Devices: 832 | Events: 211 |
    Plug-Ins: Z-Wave | RFXCOM | UltraRachio3 | Sonos
    BLLAN | BLLOCK | NetCAM | Global Cache Pro | Blue-Iris4

Hi Blair,

From what I've read on the board, there are incompatibilities between .net and mono, and that events within the hsd file do not work between the two (i.e if you create the events under a mono system and then move to .net or vice-versa). Everything else should work, but events need to be recreated.

Cheers
    Al
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
      Hi Blair,

From what I've read on the board, there are incompatibilities between .net and mono, and that events within the hsd file do not work between the two (i.e if you create the events under a mono system and then move to .net or vice-versa). Everything else should work, but events need to be recreated.

Cheers
      Al
      The transfer went very smooth, backed up the Smart Stick, then the hsd data base. Moved the files over to the S6 and restored the data base and had the Z-net restore the network. A couple devices got lost in the shuffle. But I noticed all the Events had been restored.

After looking closer I noticed that the Trigger statement and any AND/IF condition statements were missing from every single event. All I had left was a bunch of THEN statements.

I wasn't very happy with this and have been restoring them one by one.

Al you were 100% correct...
      Blair

HomeSeer: HS3 Pro | Blue-Iris 4 on Windows10Pro
      | Devices: 832 | Events: 211 |
      Plug-Ins: Z-Wave | RFXCOM | UltraRachio3 | Sonos
      BLLAN | BLLOCK | NetCAM | Global Cache Pro | Blue-Iris4

Comment

Working...
      X