X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Random Plugin Setup

After you have the database setup.
    Go to the Categories tab.
    I've attached a couple of images of a my categories.

Image 1 is categories for various things like Birthdays, Christmas, Science Fiction, TV Quotes and Take out the trash reminders. These are used in various events.
    For the birthday phrases, I use the Random Phrase event actions setting for append to customize who the message is for.
    Ex Phrase: Hey, happy birthday to
    Then in the append part of the event I add: Jeff.
    I setup an event for each of our birthdays and replace my name with the name of which persons birthday it is.

Image 2 shows the ones that I use with weatherXML.

Weather Alerts is used with the Alert Triggers.
    Weather Cold is phrases that talk about how cold it is.
    Ex. Baby, its cold outside.

Weather Hot is phrases that talk about hot hot it is.
    Ex. Prepare to melt when you go outside.

Weather Nice is phrases for the nice days.
    Ex. Looking like a great day!
    Attached Files
    --
    Jeff Farmer
    HS 3, HSPhone
    My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
    Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

One way to use the Phrases with weatherXML is in the speak devices.

Add Random Phrase to the speak device.

Then set the Temperature Logic and select the Categories.
    In the image below I selected to set for Temperatures below 40 to speak a phrase from the Weather Cold Category.
    Temperatures above 80 speak from the Weather Hot Category.
    The rest of the temperatures speak from the Weather Nice category.
    Attached Files
    --
    Jeff Farmer
    HS 3, HSPhone
    Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

As you add categories you click on the button Add Phrases.
      Select Yes for active, select one of the voices you have installed on your system, and edit a phrase. You can add as many as you want for each category.
      Below is the current ones I use for the Doctor Who Category.

I use the Doctor Who category to speak before the Doctor Who show is coming on. This is one of the shows that I usually watch when it is airing. These days almost everything else is recorded on my DVR and watched later.

I use the TV Quotes before most of my announcements. It helps me to not get into a rut of ignoring the announcements. These are some of the TV Quotes that I use.

Save the Cheerleader, save the world.

Did he just say 'Grand Central Station', or 'My aunt's constipation' ?

Do not cite the Deep Magic to me Witch. I was there when it was written.

Hey, Rocky! Watch me pull a rabbit out of my hat.

You can also use a random phrase in a script. Just replace TV Quotes with the category name.

sVar = hs.PluginFunction("Random","","random", new Object(){"TV Quotes",False})

Next Random phrases with weatherXML variables.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by CFGuy; February 1, 2017, 04:11 PM.
      --
      Jeff Farmer
      HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Working...
      X