Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any way to change behavior of single tap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any way to change behavior of single tap?

Is there any way to make the single tap on the HS switches NOT control the local load? What if I wanted to set up double-tap to control the local load and the single tap to only trigger the central scene stuff? Is this possible?

The use case I have in mind is to have the single-tap control Philips Hue functionality, and then have the double-tap as back-up in case I need to actually turn off the local load. As it stands, I can't turn on the light and a) control the Philips Hue right away because it takes a couple seconds to report back to the hub that it's reachable once it recovers from power outage and b) when the power returns from turning on the local load, the Philips Hue turns on at full brightness, which at some times is not desirable. I'd like to set up the single-tap to mimic local control via JowieHue actions and have the double-tap actually control the local load instead.

Were you ever able to get this working?

Comment

Nope. Not even any suggestions or replies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It is not an available option on the switch. You can email support and request an enhancement or post to the thread for firmware enhancement requests.
        HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Can you try this:

Connect the Philips Hue to the load directly, without a switch. This way it's always "on" and receiving comms.

Connect the switch to line, but don't give it a load.

Run an event on Single Tap On to do what you want to the Hue bulb.

Comment

That's pretty much what I've done in another room using a virtual three-way switch: Linear Z-Wave 3-Way Wall Accessory Switch - WT00Z-1 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00EAY3K5Y

The reason I'm asking about the Homeseer switches is that I've already got them installed and then I switched over to hue, so I was hoping for a software fix rather than having to open up the wiring again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Try the event: "if Philips Hue had its value set to Scene 002 Key Pressed" then "set devices Philips Hue to on" then "whatever action you want to run instead"

This should be able to keep the load on at all times.

Scene 002 Key Pressed Twice could then be "set devices Philips Hue to off" to switch the load off
              HS4 Pro on Shuttle NC10U, Win10; Z-NET
              Number of Devices: 1005
              Number of Events: 293

Plug-Ins: BLLock, DirecTv, EasyTrigger, Honeywell WiFi Thermostat, Marquis monoprice Amp, MeiHarmonyHub, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, UltraM1G3, rnbWeather, Worx Landroid, Z-Wave

External applications: Homebridge-homeseer, Geofency, EgiGeoZone.

Comment

Working...
              X