HS Switches and Fluorescents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS Switches and Fluorescents

Should the HS Switch (not dimmer) work with fluorescent lights? Tried to install one in my garage, which has four 4' T-8s. Tried two different switches. No luck.

Do you have a neutral in the switch box?

Sent from my Galaxy S7 Edge using Tapatalk
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Yes.

Comment

Very strange. With line and neutral, the switch should simply switch the line to load.

Sent from my Galaxy S7 Edge using Tapatalk
        HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
        54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
        Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

I have one that is controlling a fluorescent fitting plus two different types of LED and that combo works fine.
          cheeryfool

Comment

HS-WS100+ is a "relay wall switch" which should control any load (resistive, inductive, etc..). You'll need a hot wire, neutral wire and load wire. You have to have all three (minimum). A ground wire is recommended for safety too!
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Thank you! I will diagnose tomorrow. Maybe there is something I'm overlooking. It wouldn't be the first time! I just wanted to make sure there wasn't something odd about the fluorescents. I'll report back.

Comment

I have 6 of them that were controlling fluorescent lights, 2 still are - we converted 4 rooms to LED. One room is still equipped with fluorescent fixtures and ballasts, they just have LED "tubes". They work with HomeSeer and other relay type switches.
                HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Working...
                X