X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Request and Questions

Hi Spud

Question.
    I'm guessing its a no-no to call the Alexa trigger word to the same trigger word as a Kinect?

Is there a possibility of:

Selecting an event to run before speaking.
    Using the HomeseerEFAULT speaker?
    Selecting an event to run after speaking.

Thanks
    Chris

Originally posted by smokeycoles View Post
    Question.
    I'm guessing its a no-no to call the Alexa trigger word to the same trigger word as a Kinect?
    Do you mean using the same trigger word for the Kinect plug-in and the Alexa plug-in?
    I guess it's possible but could be confusing as both will try to interpret the same command.

Originally posted by smokeycoles View Post
    Is there a possibility of:

Selecting an event to run before speaking.
    Using the HomeseerEFAULT speaker?
    Selecting an event to run after speaking.
    Do you mean, triggering events before and after Alexa answers?
    If so, no it's not possible right now, I could try to implement it but it may be challenging... What's your use case?

Comment

Do you mean using the same trigger word for the Kinect plug-in and the Alexa plug-in?

I guess it's possible but could be confusing as both will try to interpret the same command.

Yes this is what I meant. OK got it, I will change it back. I thought as much but just wanted to confirm.
      Shame as I'd love to call the home a single name.

Do you mean, triggering events before and after Alexa answers?

If so, no it's not possible right now, I could try to implement it but it may be challenging... What's your use case?

My use case is:
      (1) I have an Event to switch on my Sound System Line In
      (2) The alexa talking goes back through HS: DEFAULT to my line in on the SONOS.
      (3) I run an event to stop my Sound System Line In.

Having the before/after events allow me to have the instance of Alexa/Kinect output through my SONOS in the same room as the Kinect.

I can think of other reasons for the selection of an event before and after, i.e someone may want a virtual device - switch on or off. They may use the virtual device with HSTouch and bring up a screen with Alexa speaking maybe or change the status of an image. Just a thought?

Thanks
      Chris

Comment

Working...
      X