This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spud,
    Attached is the .upb - I will send you the logs as soon as I can (probably this weekend when I can move the PIM to the HS3 'test' setup) - Thanks a lot for looking into it.
    Best Regards,
    Mike
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi Spud,

Sorry for the delay in resp. Here is the log when I activate the link that incorrectly updates keypad channel 4 in HS.

In HS, the keypad is 98-D30-C1 - 98D30-C4, and the device controlled is a relay (98-D45). For this test, I activated the link from within HS

DEBUG UPB_MGR:: passing sendConfirmedMessage for UPB message to media-adapter
      DEBUG PIM_SEND:: Extracted next message to send from queue (ID 1)
      DEBUG PIMADAPTER:: Got update on Confirmed message, but still not sent to PIM ye
      t
      DEBUG PIM_SEND:: Sending Message ID 1 to PIM, retry count=0
      DEBUG PIMADAPTER:: Confirmed message marked as being sent, timeout timer has 100
      00 millis left
      ]EBUG PIM_SEND:: ABOUT_TO_SEND[88146209FF2000DA
      DEBUG PIM_SEND:: PIM ACK'd current message (ID=1)
      DEBUG PIM_SEND:: UPB Device ACK'd current message (ID=1)
      DEBUG PIM_SEND:: Message ID 1 confirmed sent successfully
      DEBUG PIMADAPTER:: Confirmed message to device succeeded
      DEBUG DEVICE[30]:: Level changing on channel 0 from -1 to 100
      DEBUG DEVICE[30]:: Level changing on channel 1 from -1 to 100
      DEBUG DEVICE[30]:: Level changing on channel 2 from -1 to 100
      DEBUG DEVICE[30]:: Level changing on channel 3 from -1 to 100
      DEBUG DEVICE[45]:: Level changing on channel 0 from 0 to 100

Comment

Thanks a lot.
        Now, I know where the problem is (basically the plugin doesn't handle correctly keypad devices). Just need some time to fix it.

Comment

1. UCQT-40 [4-Button Transmitter with 4-Status LEDs (Fw v 01.08)]. I have 3 links setup to buttons 1, 2, and 3. When I activate/deactivate these links HS device for "Keypad - Ch4" is updated instead of the appropriate Ch1/2/3.

2. PCS KPC6 [Controller - 6 Button] - It does not look like this device is imported properly (only one HS device is created).
          Hey Mike,

Could you test version 3.0.0.9 available here. It should fix both of your problems. You need to delete your devices and links, and then re-import your upe file or restart the plugin.

You should see some devices created for each button of your KPC6 Controller:
          Click image for larger version

Name:	keypad_devices.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	66.9 KB
ID:	1171126

Comment

HSPI_UPBspud stopped working

For some reason the plugin application is crashing every time I try to go to the config page. I've completely removed the plugin, manually deleted the leftovers, and after re-install it still crashes. I did just update to HS 3.0.0.55. Are others having the same issue?
            Attached Files

HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
            Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
            Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

Comment

Originally posted by jlrichar View Post
              For some reason the plugin application is crashing every time I try to go to the config page. I've completely removed the plugin, manually deleted the leftovers, and after re-install it still crashes. I did just update to HS 3.0.0.55. Are others having the same issue?
              It's still working for me with 3.0.0.55
              Do you see anything in the logs?
              Try to delete your UPBSpud.ini, and restart.

Comment

I am got this in the startup log:

Code:
                1/18/2014 9:18:59 PM ~!~Error~!~Getting web page from plugin page upbspudconfig:Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                Deleting the ini file solved the problem though. It was the only file I forgot to delete previously. Thanks!

I'm not sure what caused the error though. I uploaded the upe file, then decided I needed to go back to upstart and rename a large number of devices. I disabled plugin, deleted all UPB devices in HS3, made changes in upstart. When I re-enabled plugin it would not run.

How would you make changes to UPB devices? If I only make change in HS3 then every time I import upe the changes will revert?

Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue

Comment

I am got this in the startup log:

Code:
                  1/18/2014 9:18:59 PM ~!~Error~!~Getting web page from plugin page upbspudconfig:Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                  Deleting the ini file solved the problem though. It was the only file I forgot to delete previously. Thanks!

I'm not sure what caused the error though. I uploaded the upe file, then decided I needed to go back to upstart and rename a large number of devices. I disabled plugin, deleted all UPB devices in HS3, made changes in upstart. When I re-enabled plugin it would not run.

How would you make changes to UPB devices? If I only make change in HS3 then every time I import upe the changes will revert?
                  Did you make a backup of the ini file before deleting? I would like to see it, maybe something got corrupted in there.

You can change the name of devices only in HS3, the changes won't revert on next import of upe file, but I think it's better to always have upe and HS3 synced.
                  If you make a change in upstart, for this change to take effect in HS3, you have to delete the impacted devices in HS3, then reimport.

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
                    If you make a change in upstart, for this change to take effect in HS3, you have to delete the impacted devices in HS3, then reimport.
                    Quick question from someone who has not tried this plug-in and has little experience with HS3 yet, if you don't mind.

Won't having to delete devices that were changed in upstart from HS3 screw up all the events, conditions and links that were previously set to those UPB devices?
                    Marty
                    ------
                    XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
                    Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by nightwalker View Post
                      Won't having to delete devices that were changed in upstart from HS3 screw up all the events, conditions and links that were previously set to those UPB devices?
                      Yes you're right, but this is not something you are supposed to do frequently.
                      Anyways, this is the way the plugin is working right now, but I'm not saying it can't be improved

Comment

Yes you're right, but this is not something you are supposed to do frequently.
                        Anyways, this is the way the plugin is working right now, but I'm not saying it can't be improved
                        Good answer.

I've not moved to HS3 yet, specifically because of UPB however in HS2 I've often had to go into upstart to change the way a switch is responding, especially as I try different LED lighting products. Right now there isn't a problem doing this as the current HS plug-in for HS2 handles that just fine after the new upe file is uploaded.

It may be different with HS3 devices but I sure hope not or something as simple as changing a light bulb could become a major operation, depending on how many devices, events and links you have set and are using as conditions etc.

Just goes to show, it's always something and progress always hurts, like it or not.
                        Marty
                        ------
                        XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
                        Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

Can you provide some examples of the kinds of changes that will not be reflected in HS? This could be a non issue or a non starter for me depending on what kind of change will drive a device deletion.
                          Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
                          HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post
                            Can you provide some examples of the kinds of changes that will not be reflected in HS? This could be a non issue or a non starter for me depending on what kind of change will drive a device deletion.
                            Your question made me realize that there is not a lot of cases were you need to delete your HS devices. Basically you need to delete when the change affects the definition of the HS device itself, for example:
                            - if you reconfigure a device that wasn't dimmable, and make it dimmable, in this case you will need to delete the HS device for the slider to select the dim level to be created
                            - if you change the name or the room of a device, this change won't be reflected in HS automatically unless you delete the HS device. (but you can change this manually in HS without having to delete the device)

Here are some examples where you don't need to delete anything for the changes to be reflected
                            - You change the behavior of a link
                            - You change the default fade rate of a device
                            - You change the behavior of a keypad button
                            - You add a new link or a new device
                            in all these cases you don't have to delete the HS devices because the information that has been changed is not stored in the HS device itself.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post
                              I might guess that making changes to things that you cannot see in hs will be OK. Changing button or switch type from super link activator to toggle for example.

I'm not sure what happens if you make changes to room names and stuff you do see in HS. In HS2 you could change them in either place. If you made changes in HS then if you re-imported a UPE those changes would be lost. If you made them in upstart, then HS devices would be updated with new information. Thus I prefer to make changes in upstart. The hs2 plugin had a nice "pause plugin for upstart session" button. In HS3 I simply un-enable the UPB plugin, start upstart, make changes, re-export, then re-enable. Unfortunately the plugin is very sensitive, and usually crashes unless I delete the ini (as suggested above) and re-select the upe file.

Don't get me wrong--the plugin is GREAT!!! I just think it needs some finishing touches to get rid of these annoying crashes, and to handle changes made in upstart without upsetting events that use the updated UPB devices.

Spud, thanks again for making this plugin--we would all still be dead in the water without it.

Comment

In HS3 I simply un-enable the UPB plugin, start upstart, make changes, re-export, then re-enable. Unfortunately the plugin is very sensitive, and usually crashes unless I delete the ini (as suggested above) and re-select the upe file.
                                If you can replicate this crash, send me your ini file and .upe, If I can replicate the crash, I can fix it.

Comment

Working...
                                X