"Phantom" duplicate devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Phantom" duplicate devices

I had to replace one of my light switches. In the past it responded quite nicely to "Alexa, turn on the kitchen main light". Never missed a beat, but the switch died, and I had to move on. I deleted the switch from Homeseer and from my ISY controller (I run lots of insteon). I installed the new switch. Named it. Enabled Voice. Had Alexa search for new devices. Now, when I say "Alexa, turn on the kitchen main light" she said she has multiple devices and doesn't know which one I want. if I say "Alexa, tell Homeseer to turn on the kitchen main light" she does. When I do a search of Homeseer for devices, I have only one named "Kitchen Main Light". I checked the Alexa app on my phone and it also shows only one instance of each device. I currently have 3 devices in this state. I think some how Alexa is clinging to the past like an ex-girlfriend at a high school reunion.

Any ideas?
    Last edited by Mr_Resistor; October 28, 2016, 07:53 PM.
    My home is smarter than your honor roll student.

Best guess... Try to forget and rediscover all your appliances from the Alexa app. Downside is all your group definitions will be lost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
    X