X10 interference from Z-wave lamp devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

X10 interference from Z-wave lamp devices

I have a multitude of X10 products in my house and I am adding Z-wave products. I have found that some of my Z-wave lamp modules are creating havoc with X10 signalling, such that I have had to interpose a filter (XPPF) between the Z-wave device and the electrical outlet. I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem.
    "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023
    "Reboot and rejoice!" F. Pishotta, 1989

I've only seen one other report of this mentioned. What level of noise is being reported by your signal meter?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Sorry, but I don't have a signal meter.
      "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023
      "Reboot and rejoice!" F. Pishotta, 1989

Comment

What Z-Wave Lamp modules seem to be causing the problem?

Comment

In addition to which Z-Wave module(s) make & model, does the offending module cause this problem when it is dimmed and/or at full power?

Do other module(s) of the same make & model also cause the same problem?

Comment

^^ as BobT asked that would be helpfull too...

i too am on a slew of x10 and will not go away from it... i have a box of about 75 z-wave modules to go in... and just havent bothered yet....
            all of mine are the intermatic ones... lamp, appliance, outlets
            HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Signal sucker, not noise

Here is what I found -
              http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=147418

Barry

Comment

Working...
              X