Alexa command doesnt work on device

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alexa command doesnt work on device

Alexa was working fine for days. Now all of a sudden any device i try to turn on i get 'that command doesnt work on device x'. No matter what device (Alexa knows 55). In the logs i cannot see any reference to a voice command so that might be hinting to what the problem is. It worked an hour ago and i have not touched Alexa since and now i have this error. Any ideas ?

Originally posted by mikee123 View Post
    Alexa was working fine for days. Now all of a sudden any device i try to turn on i get 'that command doesnt work on device x'. No matter what device (Alexa knows 55). In the logs i cannot see any reference to a voice command so that might be hinting to what the problem is. It worked an hour ago and i have not touched Alexa since and now i have this error. Any ideas ?
    Strange that has just started happening here, wonder if it's an Amazon or HS server problem.
    sigpic
    A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

Same here--the problem just started yesterday. I deleted the devices using the Alexa app and tried to re-discover, but no devices were found. That is as far as I got last night. I will debug a little further tonight.

Comment

There was a problem with the HS Skill set, it effected us all, but, now back and running.

I am sure that Rupp is going to have a dedicated thread for Outage so that problems with the HST or Amazon side can be posted to save all these questions being posted.
        sigpic
        A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

Working...
        X