Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alexa not discovering all devices marked for voice (and some incorrect ones)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alexa not discovering all devices marked for voice (and some incorrect ones)

I have both homeseer skills enabled.

Here is the problem I am currently having, I believe it is with MyHS, but not sure.

The Alexa Homeseer skill is not getting all the devices that are setup for voice activation and it is getting some old ones that have recently been removed from voice activation.

Also, when I forget the old devices in alexa they keep coming back after a new discover operation...

I thought this might be a MyHS problem since I also have Google home and it is also downloading the exact same devices as Alexa from MyHS. However, when I connect through MyHS, my current HS configuration is active; all the devices that should be voice activated are correct; by that I mean they are the same as my local login to HS. But, not all these devices are showing up in Alexa (or Goggle home) and some incorrect ones recently unclicked from voice are showing up.

The more advanced "power users" Homeseer skill for Alexa gets everything right (so far as I have experimented).

I have tried restarting homeseer, of course.

Any ideas on how to trouble shoot this?

Why Alexa and Google home are not getting the correct set of devices marked for voice???

My profile.
    Current Date/Time: 11/28/2017 5:29:17 AM
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.387
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows Embedded Standard - Work Station
    System Uptime: 1 Day 13 Hours 54 Minutes 20 Seconds
    IP Address: 192.168.1.102
    Number of Devices: 514
    Number of Events: 82
    Available Threads: 200
    HSTouch Enabled: True
    Event Threads: 0
    Event Trigger Eval Queue: 0
    Event Trigger Priority Eval Queue: 0
    Device Exec Queue: 0
    HSTouch Event Queue: 0
    Email Send Queue: 0
    Anti Virus Installed: Sophos Anti-Virus

Enabled Plug-Ins
    2.0.49.0: BLBackup
    2.0.22.0: BLOccupied
    3.0.6.0: Insteon
    3.4.5.0: IPThermostat
    2.17.0.19: MCSSPRINKLERSP
    1.1.17325.308: MyQ
    3.0.0.14: NetCAM
    30.0.0.36: RFXCOM
    3.0.0.2: UPB
    3.0.0.15: Vista Alarm
    3.0.0.36: X10
    3.0.1.130: Z-Wave

What kind of device is the one that has the voice checked and not being discovered.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
      What kind of device is the one that has the voice checked and not being discovered.
      Alexa homseer skill Is not discovering Garage doors (three of them) connected to HS through the MyQ interface and is not discovering a Schlage zwave front door lock using HS interface and the HS znet controller. Also a Trane Z-wave thermostat not being discovered. However, these same devices do respond to the "tell homeseer" syntax in Alexa.

Alexa is not forgetting devices associated with an old Proliphix thermostat connected to HS through the iP thermostat interface...
      Last edited by Ricky; November 30, 2017, 07:48 AM.

Comment

update on thread

Update on this thread. The "and some incorrect ones" part of the thread title has been solved

I have taken care of the problems with the thermostat devices by re-installing the iPthermostat plug-in so now the thermostat devices do not keep returning to Alexa

The problems remaining are that Alexa homeseer skill will not discover the Schlage lock (through a HS znet interface) and the MyQ garage doors. Also a Trane Z-wave thermostat not being discovered.

These are not big problems. Using the "tell homeseer" skill and the voice command configuration in the device setup I can give simple names to these devices and don't have to say the floor and room to control them with the tell homeseer skill...

Thank you
        Last edited by Ricky; December 2, 2017, 03:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ricky View Post
          Update on this thread. The "and some incorrect ones" part of the thread title has been solved

I have taken care of the problems with the thermostat devices by re-installing the iPthermostat plug-in (which is not a very good plug-in anyway, poorly supported, not really functional, at least with Proliphix tsats) so now the thermostat devices do not keep returning to Alexa

The problems remaining are that Alexa homeseer skill will not discover the Schlage lock (through a HS znet interface) and the MyQ garage doors.

These are not big problems. Using the "tell homeseer" skill and the voice command configuration in the device setup I can give simple names to these devices and don't have to say the floor and room to control them with the tell homeseer skill...

Thank you
          I had no luck adding MyQ garage doors either. I don't think Alexa will directly control doors and locks. However, I solved my problem by creating a HomeSeer event to open and close the requisite doors. Trigger is "Manually Triggered". I then use the IFTTT connecting an Alexa voice trigger to a Homeseer event. Now, I can just say "Alexa, open jims door" to open my garage door. Close events and other door actions (My wide's etc.) can be done the same way. The Schlage lock would likely be able to operate in the same way.

Jim

Comment

Right. I agree.

In addition, like I said, the second homeseer skill, the "tell homseer" skill, will open the schlage and myq doors directly using whatever name you give them in their configuration file (to save you having to add the floor and room to the device in the tell homeseer command...

Just in case it isn't clear what I mean by "tell homseer" skill. It is the second skill listed on the webpage below called "Option #2 - The Power User's Choice"

https://homeseer.com/amazon-alexa-integration/

It can be found in Alexa by searching for homeseer skills generally, it will not show up as a smarthome skill in alexa. Indeed, my understanding is that it isn't a smarthome skill as the skill does all the heavy lifting and alexa just transfers the request to homeseer...

I enable both homeseer skills and use the second option when necessary. It has always worked with every device I have thrown at it...
            Last edited by Ricky; November 29, 2017, 10:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X