Triggering Events via Google Assistant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Triggering Events via Google Assistant

Example: Say an event is designed to perform an action when a certain X10 light is switched on. The event will not trigger when the light is switched on via the Device Management screen or, critically, via Google Assistant.

If the CM15A sees the proper "On" command on the line, the event triggers. But if the CM15A transmits the "On" command (as it does when responding to Google Assistant or Device Management), the event does not trigger.

Originally posted by Chef Ono View Post
    . . .an event is designed to perform an action when a certain X10 light is switched on. The event will not trigger when the light is switched on via the Device Management screen or, critically, via Google Assistant.

If the CM15A sees the proper "On" command on the line, the event triggers. But if the CM15A transmits the "On" command (as it does when responding to Google Assistant or Device Management), the event does not trigger.
    What is the event trigger? Is it of the form "If the X10 command HCUC On is received"? If so, I'd try "If a device changes and becomes on" instead.
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

This is normal behavior as the X10 and CM15a plugins only trigger on X10 data when it is received on the power line by the interface (CM11a, Ti103, CM15a, etc.). The plugin does not evaluate triggers for X10 commands it is transmitting onto the power line.

Versions of HS2 and earlier were X10-centric and HS3 is now device-centric so its a bit of a paradigm shift when moving to HS3. As Uncle Michael stated above, in HS3 it is best to trigger on device changes rather than X10 events.
      Last edited by mfisher; April 25, 2018, 09:07 AM.
      Best regards,
      -Mark-

If you're not out on the edge, you're taking up too much room!
      Interested in 3D maps? Check out my company site: Solid Terrain Modeling

Comment

Working...
      X