Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does the Linear HUSBZB-1 work with this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does the Linear HUSBZB-1 work with this?

I have been looking at this plugin for a while, and I think I am ready to set this up with homeseer, as I currently use smartthings for my zigbee devices and have been more pleased with HS's performance with everything else.
    I am wondering though, if it is possible to use something like the Linear HUSBZB-1 with this plugin?
    I think the only usb stick option I saw mentioned specifically was the conbee, but before purchasing anything I wanted to see what other options there may be. I did also see the Hue hub listed, but the usb sticks are a more appealing option to me at this point.

Also, I am running HS3 on a windows 10 pc, with z-wave, easy trigger, nest, and sonos plugins.

Thanks in advance!

Originally posted by ilkgmmn00 View Post
    I have been looking at this plugin for a while, and I think I am ready to set this up with homeseer, as I currently use smartthings for my zigbee devices and have been more pleased with HS's performance with everything else.
    I am wondering though, if it is possible to use something like the Linear HUSBZB-1 with this plugin?
    I think the only usb stick option I saw mentioned specifically was the conbee, but before purchasing anything I wanted to see what other options there may be. I did also see the Hue hub listed, but the usb sticks are a more appealing option to me at this point.

Also, I am running HS3 on a windows 10 pc, with z-wave, easy trigger, nest, and sonos plugins.

Thanks in advance!
    My experiences.

HUSBZB-1 does NOT work with JowiHue for any Zigbee (ZHA) devices. You will have to use either the ConBee or RazBee options.

ConBee with deCONZ JowHue works great with. The limitation is with deCONZ not supporting a lot of devices. It supports lights pretty well, and some zigbee devices, sensors but not a wide range of zigbee devices yet. You can make requests on their github for new devices and then hope/wait if they get imlemented.

For Hue bridge integration JowiHue is great. For other zigbee devices that is still very limited in general with HomeSeer and not a JowiHue limitation.

Comment

Working...
    X