Design a Home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Design a Home

Hi, I'm totally New to this software And I need to do full design for one house. I tried on Youtube I didn't get much videos about designs and things. Can someone please point me for basic things?

Design for home (3-4 rooms)

Thank You

You should start by asking yourself what your goals are. What do you want the system to do?

Once you have a goal/problem. look at the technology and see what fits/provides a solution.

In my case I'm a tinkerer. I looked around and decided I liked the aesthetics of zwave switches. I liked that there were a lot of zwave products from a large number of vendors. I bought a couple of switches, installed them, and gained a measure of comfort with the technology. I then set up a roadmap for expanding my system based on my ultimate goals. I wanted a guest to be able to walk in and use the system with little to no coaching. I prefer hard wired devices. I prefer local processing vs cloud based. I wanted my system to respond to alarm panel inputs as well as room occupancy. I wanted an integrated home audio system. I wanted to be able to remotely monitor and control heating/cooling/security/lighting. I also want my wiring to make sense and be able to swap a smart switch for a dumb one and have the load work as expected.

If you're not sure what your goals are you could browse the forums for inspiration; look at what other folks have asked for help on. Browse the homeseer store and see if you discover a device that fills a need you never knew you had.
    HS4 Pro on Shuttle NC10U, Win10; Z-NET
    Number of Devices: 1005
    Number of Events: 293

Plug-Ins: BLLock, DirecTv, EasyTrigger, Honeywell WiFi Thermostat, Marquis monoprice Amp, MeiHarmonyHub, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, UltraM1G3, rnbWeather, Worx Landroid, Z-Wave

External applications: Homebridge-homeseer, Geofency, EgiGeoZone.

Comment

Originally posted by jmaddox View Post
      You should start by asking yourself what your goals are. What do you want the system to do?

Once you have a goal/problem. look at the technology and see what fits/provides a solution.

In my case I'm a tinkerer. I looked around and decided I liked the aesthetics of zwave switches. I liked that there were a lot of zwave products from a large number of vendors. I bought a couple of switches, installed them, and gained a measure of comfort with the technology. I then set up a roadmap for expanding my system based on my ultimate goals. I wanted a guest to be able to walk in and use the system with little to no coaching. I prefer hard wired devices. I prefer local processing vs cloud based. I wanted my system to respond to alarm panel inputs as well as room occupancy. I wanted an integrated home audio system. I wanted to be able to remotely monitor and control heating/cooling/security/lighting. I also want my wiring to make sense and be able to swap a smart switch for a dumb one and have the load work as expected.

If you're not sure what your goals are you could browse the forums for inspiration; look at what other folks have asked for help on. Browse the homeseer store and see if you discover a device that fills a need you never knew you had.
      Thanks for the reply

Comment

Working...
      X