This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bob:

I've read in other parts of the forum that updating to Mono 5 may cause some "upheaval" in Events (as in some folk have said your events all disappear). But I've been meaning to update mono for a while - so I'll try to bite the bullet this weekend. Will keep you posted.

Paul

Comment

OK let me know
      Make sure to update vbnc as well
      Cheers,
      Bob
      Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Updated ....

Code:
        Mono JIT compiler version 5.18.0.240 (tarball Wed Jan 16 09:13:03 UTC 2019)
        Copyright (C) 2002-2014 Novell, Inc, Xamarin Inc and Contributors. www.mono-project.com
            TLS:           __thread
            SIGSEGV:       altstack
            Notifications: epoll
            Architecture:  amd64
            Disabled:      none
            Misc:          softdebug
            Interpreter:   yes
            LLVM:          yes(600)
            Suspend:       preemptive
            GC:            sgen (concurrent by default)

Visual Basic.Net Compiler version 0.0.0.5943 (Mono 4.7 - tarball)
        Copyright (C) 2004-2010 Rolf Bjarne Kvinge. All rights reserved.

Comment

Bob:

After updating mono and vbnc, I restarted HS3 and am now receiving a TON of messages into the HS3 log from the Roomba - I turned off that option.

Paul

Comment

OK... that option will tell you if the plugin is still receiving messages from the Roomba - it is a good way to debug
            Cheers,
            Bob

Comment

Bob -

Ok, I will turn it on sporadically over the weekend to check. Shall I turn debug logging back on when I get ready to run ‘Ricky’?

Comment

Debug logging would be good to have on too so I can see if there are any exceptions thrown
                Cheers,
                Bob

Comment

I am running Windows 7 and this issue is occurring for me. Disable and re-enable the plug-in fixes the problem, any suggestions?

Comment

Bob -

Things were working fine until about 3 weeks ago - then I lost the connection and it has been "out" ever since. Now when I restart the plugin very few of the devices get a value set, and I can't command the Roomba. I have a debug log captured if you want to review it. A snippet from that log appears to show some "unhappiness":

Code:
                    06/20/2019 08:58:31:341 AM : v2.0.25.0 - LocalRobot.New(): ERROR - Caught this exception - Exception connecting to the broker
                      at uPLibrary.Networking.M2Mqtt.MqttClient.Connect (System.String clientId, System.String username, System.String password, System.Boolean willRetain, System.Byte willQosLevel, System.Boolean willFlag, System.String willTopic, System.String willMessage, System.Boolean cleanSession, System.UInt16 keepAlivePeriod) [0x00037] in
                    Regards,
                    BBB

Comment

Hi BBB,

That message looks like the login credentials might have changed. I'd try verifying the credentials with dorita980 to make sure they match what you have configured. Also, has the IP address of your Roomba changed?

Hope this helps,
                      Ken
                      "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

Ken -

The IP has not changed; I’’ll Try checking the BLID of the Roomba tonight. Thanks.

BBB

Comment

I updated dorita980; it reports the same BLID I had before, but the program times out on obtaining the password. Roomba firmware is 2.4.6-3.

Comment

You don't happen to using Unifi (Ubiquiti) gear any chance? There have been issues with Unifi access points blocking broadcast messages that Roomba (and Logitech Harmony Hubs) use. Just a thought.

Marty
                            iCore5 Win 10 Pro x64 SSD

HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 Windows

BLOccupied:,Device History:,Yamaha:,UltraMon3:,mcsXap:,Restart:,UltraNetatmo3:, UltraM1G3:,Ultra1Wire3:,BLBackup:,Harmony Hub:,DoorBird:,UltraECM3:,Nanoleaf 3P:,UltraRachio3:,Z-Wave:,SDJ-Health:,BLGarbage:,Blue-Iris:,Chromecast:,Pushover 3P:,EasyTrigger:

Comment

Marty:

Thanks, but no. And regarding those Ubiquiti APs - is there any way to configure them so they pass the broadcast messages?

BBB

Comment

Originally posted by BigBadBuzz View Post
                                Marty:

Thanks, but no. And regarding those Ubiquiti APs - is there any way to configure them so they pass the broadcast messages?

BBB
                                Hi BigBadBuzz Yea...there is a way. You have to turn off 'auto optimse network'. See here: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/au...rk#post1311818

Marty
                                iCore5 Win 10 Pro x64 SSD

HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 Windows

BLOccupied:,Device History:,Yamaha:,UltraMon3:,mcsXap:,Restart:,UltraNetatmo3:, UltraM1G3:,Ultra1Wire3:,BLBackup:,Harmony Hub:,DoorBird:,UltraECM3:,Nanoleaf 3P:,UltraRachio3:,Z-Wave:,SDJ-Health:,BLGarbage:,Blue-Iris:,Chromecast:,Pushover 3P:,EasyTrigger:

Comment

Working...
                                X