First Alert ZCOMBO-G

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by langenet View Post
    I was wondering about this. However, I also run HS2 with these on the same box. So I'm slowly migrating and when I've had enough fun, I again bring back my HS2. If I do as you suggested, I wonder how this impacts HS2 since the Z-troller already knows about these devices ...
    We had to add support for this device to HS3; it wasn't supported by default. It is not supported in HS2. The Z-troller just stores basic node information... all the 'heavy lifting' and device creation is done with our software.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Thanks.. I knew all of that. My question is as the devices are already known to the z-troller, how do I get HS3 to do the heavy lifting and add the devices appropriately. I don't want to re-add the devices to the Z-troller (not even sure it would do that anyway) then it breaks all the associations in HS2.
      HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by langenet View Post
        Thanks.. I knew all of that. My question is as the devices are already known to the z-troller, how do I get HS3 to do the heavy lifting and add the devices appropriately. I don't want to re-add the devices to the Z-troller (not even sure it would do that anyway) then it breaks all the associations in HS2.
        Complex devices (like door locks, sensors and thermostats) almost always require a lengthy interrogation process to include properly. In most cases, that MUST be done during the initial inclusion and it often requires direct (non-routing) communication to be successful. Running "import" on a device already in the Z-Troller does not precisely replicate this process.

Comment

Thanks again. So if what you're saying is that I need to go through the full inclusion process again, perhaps an approach would be to delete it from HS2, then run through the standard inclusion process on HS3. If this is the case, then I'll wait until I'm done with HS2 and ready to run HS3 in PROD. I was just hoping as I migrate, I can get this imported properly in HS3 and move on...
          HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Chirps!

OK, woke up to chirping (battery life 82%)! So, mine took 10 months to get to the "chirp" point (May > March). However, my starting point was 95% battery life (installing the Duracell batteries that came with the unit). I popped a fresh set of "Members Mark" alkaline batteries in this morning and my starting point with those is 99%. Different batteries but hopefully I'll get at least the same battery lift out of these. Would be nice to get a full year though... I'll keep you posted.

Side note: I'm guessing the "chirp" point for this type of device is strategically set to a higher battery level on purpose, since this is a potentially life-critical device.

Comment

I have found if I slide out and in the battery tray after chirping, I actually get a single battery low alert status. I don't get that message while chirping. Not very useful to get a zwave low battery alert only after it starts chirping.

Comment

Originally posted by TechFan View Post
                I have found if I slide out and in the battery tray after chirping, I actually get a single battery low alert status. I don't get that message while chirping. Not very useful to get a zwave low battery alert only after it starts chirping.
                That's because the battery is not actually low when you start hearing the chirp!!! That's the point of the chirping. They WANT you to change the battery before it's low enough to cause problems. At least, that's my assumption.

Comment

But as soon as it chirps, I can take the tray out and in. . .to get the alert. . .I then have kept the old batteries in for a few weeks. . .and I never get another low battery zwave message. . .

Comment

I can tell you from experience that it works well. I picked one up on an open box discount from HS a little while back just to check it out. I set it up and pretty much have ignore it since then. I have a couple of events set up for smoke and CO. When smoke is detected ALL the lights in the house go to alarm and flash on and off and all of my speaker clients shout "smoke detected, smoke detected, smoke detected, smoke detected, smoke detected". Oh , and the Zwave siren goes off lol.

I also use the tasker plugin so my phone is a speaker client remotely. Needless to say when the alarm went off in my Thursday meeting I ran out of the door to call the wife.

"I figured you would call. Sorry, I'm just cooking"

I should have checked the cameras first I guess.

Comment

So more on my Zsmoke devices migrated from my HS2 and Z-troller... I am now running Z-net and I wonder how to handle these devices which look as though they're not added correctly to HS3.
                      To my surprise, I saw a battery update to the first one yesterday in the log.
                      However, as you can tell, there has been no heartbeat since I first migrated.
                      Thinking that perhaps they just need to be added into HS3 fresh, how do you delete battery powered Z-wave devices which aren't generally awake?

Sorry still ramping up on Z-wave...

I can't create any events based on what my system currently sees.. So perhaps a fresh install would fix things along with the graphics displayed? (Hoping at lease... )

Robert
                      Attached Files

Comment

I didn't see anything in the logs or changes on my devices that I remember until I setup the events as mentioned by Mark in post #40 - http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...9&postcount=40

Comment

It's interesting that the battery device updates but not the heartbeat. On HS2 I would get a heartbeat at lease every hour..

Should I blow these devices away and start over or is there something I'm missing? I wouldn't mind keeping it in case I need to revert back to HS2.
                          I'm now using a Z-net with HS3.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Try to make sure you are on a new zwave plugin version and try to readd or rescan after waking up.

Comment

Thanks a couple of rescans did it!

Comment

Nix that.... I got one update but since, I don't see any heartbeat updates.
                                For those who have these devices in HS3, are you seeing the status update?

Here's a ss from today... As you can see, to Heartbeat update for 3 days...
                                When I run HS2, I'm seeing the update generally within an hour.

Interestingly, when I press on the Reset Notification, I see the reset in the log, but no change in device manager.

May-02 8:08:30 AM Device Control Device: Alarm Z-Wave Smoke Laundry / CO Detector Notification to Reset Notifications (0)

Robert
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X