JowiHue isn't finding deCONZ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JowiHue isn't finding deCONZ

I'm trying to add a RaspBee/deCONZ bridge to the plugin but JowiHue never finds it. The process I am using is:

1) Press "Start Scan" button on JowiHue Configuration page
    2) Press "Authenticate app" button in Phoscon app
    3) Wait

Am I doing it wrong?

I turned on dev mode and restarted the plugin to get the console, and this is all that I see when doing a scan:

Code:
    (web_config.postBackProc) Pressed button for immediate scan for bridges - scanning started
    (web_config.postBackProc) Debug: Config:id: obtnScan
    (web_config.postBackProc) Debug: Config:btnScan: Submit
    (UPNP.Bridgescan) Debug: Start Scan for bridges 2/20/2018 8:22:39 PM
    (HueTools.MainWatchTimer) Debug: Checking plugin health 2/20/2018 8:22:41 PM
    (web_config.postBackProc) Debug: Config:id: timer
    (web_config.postBackProc) Debug: Config:id: timer
    (UPNP.Bridgescan) Debug: End search for bridges
    I'm running the beta of the plugin, version 2.0.1.11.

This is in the HS log after the plugin starts, but before I initiate a scan:

Code:
    Feb-20 8:20:44 PM	 	JowiHue	Plugin succesfully started
    Feb-20 8:21:12 PM	 	JowiHue	Error: (CheckBridgeUpdate):UPNP stap 1.1 meethue call:Operator '=' is not defined for type 'ObjSwupdate' and 'Nothing'.
    Feb-20 8:21:12 PM	 	JowiHue	Error: (CheckBridgeUpdate):UPNP stap 1.1 meethue call:CheckBridgeUpdate Version 1.16.0
    Feb-20 8:21:12 PM	 	JowiHue	Error: (CheckBridgeUpdate):UPNP stap 1.1 meethue call:Operator '=' is not defined for type 'ObjSwupdate' and 'Nothing'.
    Both the deCONZ Web App and the new Phoscon app see the bridge just fine. Any thoughts?

I recently re-added my Hue bridge and had similar issues. I restarted the plug-in a few times and eventually there was a button on the plugin config page to register the bridge. Also it seems that maybe Chrome, which is the browser I normally use, was part of the problem?

I am also getting those error messages, but I have two deCONZ and one Hue bridge active and working.

Comment

Originally posted by teladog01 View Post

Both the deCONZ Web App and the new Phoscon app see the bridge just fine. Any thoughts?
      Both Phoscon and the webapp are approaching deCONZ locally, not over the network, so they will always work. Probably the plugin does not see the UPNP advertisments. If you look in the detailed log and filter on UPNP, can you see if it finds the gateway in the first calls for UPNP?

It is possible that the gateway is not reaching the gateway with UPNP. You can test this in two steps. First, from the HS3 machine try to ping the Raspbee. If this does not work, there is some issue on the network you'll have to find.
      If this works then check the results when you open a browser on the HS3 machine and go to this adress: https://dresden-light.appspot.com/discover

If the results are empty then either the raspbee is on a different subnet/VLAN, or UPNP is disabled on your router?

If it does show the results, and you run on Windows, double check with disabling the windows firewall and restarting the plugin. It should then show the gateway to register on the configuration page. In that case, allow the plugin through the Windows firewall. The plugin asks for access only at the first start, so you could have missed that?

If you find the bridge this way, the process is to go to the configuration page, press the register button next to the gateway and then "authenticate app" in the Phoscon app.

If this still has no results, please enable the detailed trace and log to file options in the configuration page. Restart the plugin and let it run for about 30 minutes. Then disable the trace options and send me the howihue.log file from the Logs subdirectory?

You can send this file to w dot vuyk at upcmail dot nl

Thanks,

Wim

PS. the error regaring the swupdate is an error that occurs on older V1 Philips bridges. I have found this issue and resolved it. It will be sovled with the next version
      Last edited by w.vuyk; February 21, 2018, 05:36 AM. Reason: Adding PS for the shown error
      -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Well, after a couple hours of troubleshooting this today, verifying Windows firewall off, examining logs, ping working fine both ways, no apparent networking issues, etc, etc, my last ditch effort was going to be to reflash the SD card with the RaspBee image from Dresden. But just before doing that, I remembered the "Reset Gateway" button in the deCONZ Web App. So I tried that and lo and behold now JowiHue sees it no problem. Not sure how things got hosed in deCONZ as this was a fresh install of the RaspBee image, but I am glad to have this resolved

Comment

Pfeeww... Can imagine what you had to do for that.... As too often, the proof of the pudding is in booting the system

Wim
          -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
            Pfeeww... Can imagine what you had to do for that.... As too often, the proof of the pudding is in booting the system

Wim
            I had tried rebooting the RPi several times with no luck. But the "Reset Gateway" button apparently does a factory reset, as the settings I had changed in deCONZ, such as time zone and login password, were reverted back to defaults. Anyway, glad it's working now.

Comment

Working...
            X